over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alligator meat pre- contest

orozco

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Alligator meat has more calories than chicken, fish and more protein as well...

Will this be a nice choice to use as pre- contest ?

One pound goes around $19.00

What do you guys think.??!

Thanks

:eek:

What constitutes the increased calories? Protein only or is there a higher fat content? If it were only from the higher protein, i would think it would be just fine as long as its other micros are in check.

I just wanna try alligator meat .
Would make for interesting conversation in Detroit at the bar . ( or gym )
Add 1 more to bucket list .
:)

Me

I just wanna try alligator meat .
Would make for interesting conversation in Detroit at the bar . ( or gym )
Add 1 more to bucket list .
:)

I have eaten alligator meat before and It taste super good...

Alligator meat has more calories than chicken, fish and more protein as well...

Will this be a nice choice to use as pre- contest ?

One pound goes around $19.00

What do you guys think.??!

Thanks

Calories

A 3.2 oz., or 100 g, serving of raw alligator meat contains 232 calories. When compared to other meats, alligator meat is significantly higher in calories. For example, the same size serving of raw chicken meat contains 119 calories, and raw pork shoulder, 169 calories. Alligator meat is lean, but it is a more concentrated source of protein than the other meats, which explains the higher calorie count.

Like most exotic meats, such as rattlesnake or frog's legs, alligator meat also "tastes like chicken," according to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Like chicken, alligator meat is also low in fat and a good source of protein. Knowing the nutritional facts for alligator meat can help you determine how it fits into your diet plan.

Fat

Only 15 percent of the calories in alligator meat comes from fat. A 3.2 oz. serving contains 4 g of total fat, 0 g of saturated fat and 0 mg of cholesterol. By comparison, a 3.2 oz. serving of chicken contains 3 g of total fat, 0.8 g of saturated fat and 70 mg of cholesterol, and a 3.2 oz. serving of pork shoulder contains 11 g of total fat, 3.9 g of saturated fat and 62 mg of cholesterol. Because it's free of saturated fat and cholesterol, alligator meat is a heart-healthy choice.

Protein

One 3.2 oz. serving of alligator meat can provide nearly 100 percent of your daily value for protein. One serving contains 46 g of protein, versus chicken with 21 g and pork with 17 g. Like other sources of animal-based protein, alligator meat provides your body with all of the essential amino acids it needs to build the proteins found in your cells and muscles. Adult women need 46 g of protein a day, and adult men need 56 g.
Sodium and Carbohydrates

Compared with processed meats, such as ham, sausage, and chicken nuggets, which have added sodium and carbohydrates, alligator meat is a healthier choice. Like other unprocessed meats, alligator meat is free of sodium and carbohydrates both.
Preparation

Alligator meat can be a healthy choice, but it won't do you any good unless you know how to prepare it. Alligator meat is usually sold frozen. As with any other meat products, keep your alligator meat frozen until you are ready to use it. Alligator meat is versatile and can be used in any recipe that calls for veal, seafood or chicken. Its flavor easily adapts to seasonings, and the meat can be fried, grilled or stir-fried. Alligator meat is considered cooked when it is white all the way through.

Read more: Nutritional Alligator Meat | LIVESTRONG.COM

Love gator meat was born and raised in Lousiana. And now ive moved away my father in law takes trips down to Louisiana often to buy it fresh. I havent cooked it anyway yet that hasnt tasted good.

Gator meet is good!!! Of course to REALLY enjoy the flavor it needs to be fried which kind of ruins the whole "health" thing. Born and raised a southern boy and love me some fried food!

Alligator is great stuff , close in macros to a lot of other lean sea food.

Is it cost efficient , not by a long shot , id much prefer lean grass fed beef.

It does taste great though , we eat it when friends from out of town come to visit more than anything , we've had sausage made with it a few times and it was realy good but again for the cost id prefer wild pork

I bought a frozen piece, tried grilling it on the BBQ. It tasted like tough, old fish.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131