over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

17 weeks out advice.

Powerhouse88

Registered
Hey guys. Been dieting for 3 weeks now. Currently 17 weeks out of my first bodybuilding show. Just wondering if you all can give me some critiques on my physique on what I need to work on more with emphasis. Thanks! And I know I need to work on posing šŸ˜

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 619
You need calves and hit those abs hard when you DIET down. I would never let myself go that much BF if you are going to be competing. Is someone helping you? I like to see progress pictures as you go. Keep us updated.

You need calves and hit those abs hard when you DIET down. I would never let myself go that much BF if you are going to be competing. Is someone helping you? I like to see progress pictures as you go. Keep us updated.

Yeah I have a coach doing my diet for me. Once the show is over and offseason begins I will keep myself in a respectable bodyfat range. As far as progress pics go I will post every sunday up until the competition in October

Hammer the cardio. Do fasted cardio first thing in morning and some post workout. Once you get to a point can start playing with cardio times.

Like above, good to get a coach that has experience and solid track record of doing preps regularly

Quads are good. Train them only once a week and everything else twice if possible, putting energy into those other bodyparts. Consider creating a split that will allow arms 3 times a week, and train them by themselves. Maybe in the mornings if you can swing it, thus feeding the muscles all day from eating. Those arm workouts are gonna have to mixed up some with heavy and light and intensity. If previous was high intensity with "heavy" weight, let the next time it rolls around, be light, pumping sets.

Last edited:

Exactly what Pesty said but I'd like to say also try to focus on your back aswell, if calves are in place with that back looking thick you will look good from the backside for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really not much to say right now, your BF is just too high. You have a ton of time though. If I were you I would try and get ahead of the game by doing two a day cardio. It's not ideal but you have a lot to lose. If you can get to 10 percent in the next 7 weeks you might make it.

So do this. Fasted cardio in the AM everyday. Get on a stepmill and grind it out for 45 min. Then in the afternoon or after training do 45 min. LISS cardio like on the elliptical or treadmill. I like the treadmill personally. I bump the incline up all the way for a few min to get my heart rate up and then drop it down to like 7 or 8, 3-3.5mph

Train on a 3 day split, and I don't care how you package the days up. 3 on one off. Drop your weights down to something that is like a 20 rep max and do 5 sets of 12. 15 sets for small muscles, 20-25 for big ones. SHORT rest periods between sets. 30 sec to a min TOPS. IF you can get all 5 sets for 12 then you can go up in weight a little next time. If you don't make 12 each set then keep the weight the same until you do. Focus on compound exercises as much as possible.

No more than 300mg test a week, preferably prop MWF. Don't fuck around with anything else right now unless you can afford anavar. You could do 100mg per day of var and that would help.

Start t3 at 25mcg per day for a week and then go up to 50mcg and stay there. Alternate fat burners between clen and ephedra every two weeks. pyramid up on the clen. I don't like to go above 60mcg of legit clen.

Get your head on straight and do exactly what I laid out and in 4 weeks you won't even look close to the same.

I really think you guys are over exaggerating his body fat. You look good man for 17 weeks IMO. Listen to what your coach tells you. You don't need tons of fat burners. Save those for when you're closer to your show when you really need them. You have over 4 months.

I really think you guys are over exaggerating his body fat. You look good man for 17 weeks IMO. Listen to what your coach tells you. You don't need tons of fat burners. Save those for when you're closer to your show when you really need them. You have over 4 months.

I missed the part where he had a coach. My bad, ignore whatever I said then and listen to the person you are paying.

I don't think we are over exaggerating though. He is at best 15%, which is healthy and all but he looks like a classic endo and it's gonna be rougher for him to get it off. IMO nothing wrong with fat burners up front, it doesn't negate them at the end. Notice I said to only use test and var too. If he gets to where he has nice defined abs then the plan changes.

I'm certainly no pro though. What would you have him do?

Keep his workouts the same as always. I'm not a fan of changing workouts during cuts/bulks. Always lift as heavy as you can within reason. Cardio once a day for starters preferably on an empty stomach but after workout is fine. Carb cycle to start. Like 3 high days then 1 low then repeat, or 2 high 1 low then repeat. Adjust accordingly, you'll eventually prob need multiple no carb days in a row. Up protein to 1.5-2 grams per body weight. He shouldn't need any fat burners really. He is just basically starting his diet at first should see fat drop pretty quickly. If diet is good why use something you don't need yet? Use the fat burners when you really need that boost when your energy sucks when your grinding it out. If you have a solid diet and cardio regimen kicking then when you add the fatburners the effects will really be awesome the closer to the show. I have never used T3 so can't comment on that. ECA and Clen should be plenty. Drug wise? That's so individualized. I would say use enough gear to keep the muscle you got and closer to show use maybe a tren/winny combo. I would cut out test 2 weeks before a show. I know that's no fun but it works well for many.

drink at least a gallon of water a day to start. Stick with the coaches diet. Hit the weights hard like you always do. Do you cardio diligently.

He does have visible cuts in his legs and shoulders and bicep area and its not like he has rolls or fat hanging over his underpants. Could be be 15% yes sure. Could be 12% hell who knows I think possibly. I think the problem is while he obviously works out and lifts looks good he obviously isn't a super huge guy with slabs of beef on him. I don't think it's his body fat that is really that high but more so lack of muscle that's the main culprit. Not saying he doesn't have muscle but if he had a bunch more at that SAME body fat I think things people would be saying things a bit differently.

I'm no expert by far just a little quick ramble what I think [emoji4] but then again Wtf do I know arghhhhhhhh!

Yea bodyfat is relative, you could take 2 people with same bf% say 12% and one of them has abs the other doesn't but the first one has fat legs and second one doesn't, people hold bodyfat in different areas then others, I have a friend who's black that has shredded abs but he's probably 15% bf because his legs are fat I mean cellulite on hamstrings an shit, you'd never think it though till you saw it

Black guys tend to lean out up top first and legs come in last. Like full xmas tree but soft hammies... its weird

Black guys tend to lean out up top first and legs come in last. Like full xmas tree but soft hammies... its weird

Yea it's really strange he has good shape on upper body but his legs are fat, small an have no shape. We're in the process of working on it, I was helping him get ready for the phil heath Classic in Texas but his legs wouldn't come in fast enough. He just hasn't had enough time on that punch card devoted to his legs but he could be a good bodybuilder

But me for instance I hold all my fat on my back, my lower and middle, I get so thick when I'm bulking it's ridiculous but like right when I got out of the hospital recently and hit some poses in the mirror( first thing you do right when you get back from a long stay in hospital) I freaked out when I saw myself, I didn't lose much size on my arms but good lord I got skinny granted I was still 263 but I lost 45lbs in a month. Now that I've been training for 3 weeks iv already gained 20lbs an my back is looking thick again, I'm afraid if I don't start my cycle soon most of the upcoming weight gain will be fat an water slapped on my back lol. When I got out of the hospital I hit a back double bicep an my boy was like you look good but your small. I almost slapped him LOL! I have good friends

I appreciate everyone's input but I do have a well known coach, and he has me on top of diet, cardio, supplements. This thread was mainly for what BODYPARTS I should emphasize more one as I get dialed in. Because it's always nice having someone else's point of view. :D

don't worry about body parts during prep. doubtful you'll make any real gains during a prep. once off season rolls around you need to focus on more size everywhere.

Focus on getting lean and bring your weak body parts up on the off season. Restricting calories and building muscle does not go hand in hand IMO. Muscles are energy consumers......your going to be restricting calories the entire contest prep; myostatin will be released saying "no" to new tissue.

Yeah you guys are right haha..I'll be putting a new pic up from every check in on here so everyone can follow my progress :)

I'm a little under 16 weeks out myself and I was worried whether or not id make it. I'm still kinda worried. I'm happy to see someone else in the same boat. I really do hope you keep updating because I want to see the progress for motivation.

Just listen to your coach and have fun brother.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws