over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

44 years old 6 year journey

juggernaught

Registered
Here are a couple pics of my progress from powerlifting to bodybuilding due to injury. About 4 years ago I posted a thread leading to first comp in bodybuilding .I have had my left triceps surgically reattached 2 times, my right tricep reattached once, my l-5/s-1 had a tumor removed and cleaned up but is still ruptured I did not want to add hardware at that point(age 39 pic 335+lbs the week before back surgery age 40 is 10 months later)most recently I had my left shoulder replaced I had the ream and run procedure performed where they removed my humeral head and replaced it with a titanium post and ball, this was done on 12-09-14. Last pic is the day before I turned 44 just a few days shy of the one year anniversary of shoulder replacement body weight 227 . I am 146 days out from my return to competition.**broken link removed**
a7a4110b5899a8f54be6ace01434fd37.jpg
000d6c40aaaf0c99880a9dec254de587.jpg

d647a583f1919a5b3eb8d58f7c61bbef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In the collage pic where I am wearing Captain America shirt I am down to 192 lbs while rehabbing left shoulder.
The bottom two pics are day of first competition and a side by side comparison from start of weight loss to stage pic.

Last edited:
Wow your looking awesome and your obviously a new kind of beast tearing out triceps like that!

Nah Flexpack215 I'm just a dumbass that loved to show off how much weight I could push. I didnt ever give my body the breaks it needed when I was younger . Once upon a time I had a raw competition bench of 535lbs and could hit 405 for 14 paused reps now I am excited I got 5x5 @ 335 this week lol

Definitely an inspiration. .keep it up my man !!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This is awesome! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you keep blowing those tri's? I just blew my first one and am 5 weeks post op at 50 years old. Just want to keep everything together and avoid this crap again...too old to keep rehabbing.

I kept trying to push to much weight.The insertions will never be as strong as before the injuries. The first time I was repping 405 twice a week for 4- sets of 10 reps , the second time I had just got back to 405 for 1 set of 10 and boom again. The last time i blew a try was about 9 years ago while showing someone how to perform lying tri extensions on a decline with 70 lbs lol

This is where I started back in May when Doctor gave me ok to start hitting weights harder again.Second pic is Dec 5
30d370b9f207ff48aa8c905245f4974c.jpg

IMF juggers?

Had to look up the IMF if it does indeed refer to in my face and you are annoyed with my post simply do not view them, if I m mistaken I apologize .Just trying to keep myself motivated and I am pretty proud of what I have been able to accomplish with everything I have been through but I will refrain from pics in the future.

thats some impressive gains fm tearing so many muscles. :headbang:

Care to share how different is your current training now as compare to before?

Before the first ruptured triceps I followed a traditional 5 by 5 rep set program. I would vary the movements doing maybe 2-3 movements for large muscle groups and 2 movements for smaller groups,but would stay roughly in those rep ranges. I would go 8-12 weeks heavy trying to keep momentum moving and keep adding something to the bar even if it was only 2.5 lbs a week. When my progress would stall I would back off and go to a 4 sets 8-10 rep range ...thinking this was giving my joints the break they needed, but even at higher rep range my intensity was through the roof and I was trying to get maximal weight for desired rep ranges.At my strongest I was icing my elbows for an hour every day after training and taking in 1-1.5 grams of ibuprofen a day. This played hell with my stomach of course.
I didn't really adjust training much after first try trying to convince myself I could still get that 600 lb raw bench someday..So I kept at it and once Iwas roughly were I had gotten to hurt previously the other triceps ruptured. At this point I did adjust and started going about 75% of previous weights and started incorporating in a lot of pre exhaust on chest movements before I got to my presses. I eventually ruptured my left triceps again while showing someone a lying tri extension on decline with only 70. Lbs on bar...I chalk this one to having a local doc repairing the first tri where as I went to a great. Sports doc for second (works on the Sacramento Kings players) I had him repair this tri as well and have been very very careful since. I still do pre exhaust for chest and a lot of circuit training these days.

i have come to the conclusion that im just getting too old to be that guy that stacks on the plates. its taken a few injuries to get there.
a few years back i tore the shit out of my quad in a squatting comp. hit 405 easily. next attempt was 425. at the bottom i thought someone punched me in the leg then i went down. about 1.5 years later i squatted 500lbs...easily. racked it and said "mission accomplished". the most ive squatted since is 405. ill never squat 500 again.

Here are a couple pics of my progress from powerlifting to bodybuilding due to injury. About 4 years ago I posted a thread leading to first comp in bodybuilding .I have had my left triceps surgically reattached 2 times, my right tricep reattached once, my l-5/s-1 had a tumor removed and cleaned up but is still ruptured I did not want to add hardware at that point(age 39 pic 335+lbs the week before back surgery age 40 is 10 months later)most recently I had my left shoulder replaced I had the ream and run procedure performed where they removed my humeral head and replaced it with a titanium post and ball, this was done on 12-09-14. Last pic is the day before I turned 44 just a few days shy of the one year anniversary of shoulder replacement body weight 227 . I am 146 days out from my return to competition.**broken link removed**
a7a4110b5899a8f54be6ace01434fd37.jpg
000d6c40aaaf0c99880a9dec254de587.jpg

d647a583f1919a5b3eb8d58f7c61bbef.jpg

Incredible transformation brotha! To get in that condition healthy is one thing but overcoming all those injuries says a lot! Kudos man Big Time!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws