over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Recent show pics

Simon_454

Registered
Hey guys just wanted to list post up my recent show pics I won the light heavies and took 2nd in the overalls any feedback or constructive criticism is always welcome thanks!!

IMG_0369.jpg
**broken link removed**
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0362.jpg

Look great man, congrats on your win

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You brought a very symetrical complete package. You are well balanced. Keep up the good work.

Looking good and congrats! I would definitely put some time into working the inner adductor muscles and really fill out the upper portion of the thigh.

You were lean and dry. Good upper body. Get those legs up a little and you will take overall.

Thanks for the kind words fellas I know I need to get my legs up as they are surely lacking however this has a lot to do with my Femoroacetabular impingement condition also known as FAI.

I had surgery on my hip a year and a half ago right after my third show to fix the issue, it helped somewhat but am still unable to squat which puts me at a huge disadvantage . Since I've had to get pretty creative with my leg training. I'm currently working with an online injury rehabilitation coach John Quint and have been doing so for about a week now. He's pretty confident he can resolve the issue which would be awesome since this has held me back tremendously not only with leg training but even a lot of upper body movements, you don't realize how involved your hips are until you have some type of injury in that area

Last edited:
Looking good and congrats! I would definitely put some time into working the inner adductor muscles and really fill out the upper portion of the thigh.

I'm with Bio. If you could bring those legs ups some you could probably dominate your division. You look great and congrats on your placing.

Wow you look awesome bro nice stage shots. What show was this? I think to catch up in the minor areas behind would be Hams and those adductors like Bio said. Next year looks bright for you!

Lead Monster Labs Rep

Flex5 for 5% off all orders,
Orders over $200 get FREE vial of test prop with every order. For those over $200
Please add "free test prop" in notes section along with "Flex5" in rep code.

Mymonsterlabs.com

Great physique. Even though you had been limited in your lower body, you still presented a very solid physique.

I'm curious what a leg workout looks like with your kind of injury.

Congrats.

Congrats on the win:headbang:

Great physique. Even though you had been limited in your lower body, you still presented a very solid physique.

I'm curious what a leg workout looks like with your kind of injury.

Congrats.

I always start my leg workout with some kind of leg curl then move on to something like a reverse banded leg press to take the stress out of the lower part of the movement where the impingement is, I can hacksquat to some degree but it's a tad awkward sometimes I'll incorporate bands on these as well. Usually end with a really intense set of leg extensions since this is really the only movement for quads where I'm not hindered to some degree but leg extensions just aren't gonna build the wheels like good old fashion squats damn do I miss squating lol

In the last month or so I've been doing a lot RDL's and stiff legged deadlifts to really target the hamstrings and glute area since they've always been a weakness for me focusing on progressive overload and getting stronger these don't seem to effect the hip too bad but can tell my body really favors the right side to do most of the pulling.

I wanna directly hit the adductors more but my gym doesn't have an adductor machine so trying to find movements that build that area so far the only thing I've really found is wide stance leg press which works fairly well

Thanks again for the feedback and generous compliments I'm by no means the biggest guy on here but I do feel I have a good amount of knowledge and love to help others so if anyone has any questions feel free to post them up here or PM me

Simon you're definitely an inspiration for building your legs having FAI. Do the doctors have any idea on when you may need hip replacement(s) down the road? Keep stacking muscle on those legs while you can! Does the inner adductor machine bother your condition?

Simon you're definitely an inspiration for building your legs having FAI. Do the doctors have any idea on when you may need hip replacement(s) down the road? Keep stacking muscle on those legs while you can! Does the inner adductor machine bother your condition?

Thanks brother gotta deal with the cards we've been dealt as best we can. As for how long before I will need a hip replacement they thought this surgery would resolve the issue and wouldn't cause any further damage to the hip honestly if I could go back I wouldn't have done the surgery

I've done extensive research since and have come to the conclusion that it's more of muscular imbalance and the way my pelvis is aligned I believe I have what's called anterior pelvic tilt as a result of weak glute, hamstrings and overpowering quads so the joint lays in the socket in an unnatural way causing an impingement. By strengthening the glutes and hamstrings this should pull my hips back out of anterior tilt and put them into proper balance allowing the joint to move freely or at least that is my hope with this current protocol John quint and I are incorporating if I can resolve this I think my physique will really take off

As far as the adductor machine goes no it doesn't bother me at all so it sucks my gym doesn't have one since I think if I could really hammer those they would really build my inner thighs I may need to shop around and find a gym that does have one

Was featured on project bodybuilding.com. Check out the link if your interested

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear