over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A healthy CORNDOG??? Is it possible???

PsyT

Banned
Is it possible you think to come up with a HEALTHY CORNDOG!?!?!? :eek:

LMAO before you laugh me off promuscle...who doesn't enjoy a good corndog now and again...I mean really? Problem is they are full of nitrites and preservatives and a whole bunch of other shite. I won't eat them because of this...but alas they are scrumptious and I miss them dearly.

Any ideas for a healthy corndog? I mean its basically corn breading around a sausage (on a stick of course). If you bake it...that seems decent protein/carb source.

::tar-wars

I'm gonna try that! I'll report back in a little bit! Do you think it will still taste good if I bake it instead of deep fry it in oil? I dont like deep frying stuff (upsets the hell out of my stomach blech).

theyre in the oven baking! ohhhhh its so exciting hahaha :D

A corndog... Seriously??? but it an ok recipe!!

Is it possible you think to come up with a HEALTHY CORNDOG!?!?!? :eek:

LMAO before you laugh me off promuscle...who doesn't enjoy a good corndog now and again...I mean really? Problem is they are full of nitrites and preservatives and a whole bunch of other shite. I won't eat them because of this...but alas they are scrumptious and I miss them dearly.

Any ideas for a healthy corndog? I mean its basically corn breading around a sausage (on a stick of course). If you bake it...that seems decent protein/carb source.

::tar-wars

No ideas, but damm it man, I can't resist em when the fair comes to town! :(

how did they come out baked? interested to hear that

dude! they were yummy! I coated the pan in olive oil and pepper and rolled them in that actually after the breading was on.

The only difficult part was getting an even coating of the breading (corn meal + whole wheat flour) on the dogs. I ended up figuring out the best way to coat them is pile some of it on and then roll them between your hands...kinda hard to explain but you roll the breading 'up' the dog adjusting the tension by squeezing your hands together during the rolling and that ensures an even coating.

My second and third ones I made were a lot better than the first one (lol that one was a lumpy ugly looking fucked up corndog :D:eek:).

Next I am going to try to fry them in some healthy oil...I am thinking coconut oil will work...it could be brought down to cool and stored in a tupperware and used again for corndogs at a later date (the oil that is). That way it wouldn't be cost prohibitive.

I won't use lard or butter...and vegetable oil really isn't that great an oil either.

one other thing, I got the popsicle sticks in walmart with the help of a friendly employee. She happened to be an older (rather large) black woman. I asked her where the popsicle sticks were and we went on a hunt together around the crafts section. Finally she asked me what I wanted them for and I told her I was going to make some corndogs and had to have sticks cause they wouldn't be corndogs without the stick! She laughed so hard at me and was like "Ohhhh OK lets find you your sticks then" :D

one other thing, I got the popsicle sticks in walmart with the help of a friendly employee. She happened to be an older (rather large) black woman. I asked her where the popsicle sticks were and we went on a hunt together around the crafts section. Finally she asked me what I wanted them for and I told her I was going to make some corndogs and had to have sticks cause they wouldn't be corndogs without the stick! She laughed so hard at me and was like "Ohhhh OK lets find you your sticks then" :D

*LOL*. Classic!

I know a healthy chilli dog,

Fat free cheese, Lean ground turkey, fat free hotdogs, wheat hotdog buns, and manwich.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear