advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

please, God, does anyone have tilapia recipes?

cev79

Banned
Tilapia is great for cutting, so is tuna, but I got so sick of fish last year when getting ripped. I'm planning ahead for when I cut. Anyone have good tilapia recipes that don't add many extra calories? Also orange roughy, and tuna.

I use frozen tipipia from sam's. I don't even bother to thaw it out. Heat the oven to 400. Place the fillets on ten foil on a 20"x14" pan for easier clean up. Then I bought a spray bottle, kinda like the one armorall uses. Fill it with 50% lemon juice and 50% soy sauce, and spary generously over all fillets. Spraying it covers it so much better than just pouring it. Then I sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and dillweed on them. The little ones cook in about 15 minutes, the larger about 20. It is easy to tell when the are done, unlike chicken. Just try to seperate one of them with a fork, and if it flakes away then it is done. You can also use a toaster oven.

I use frozen tipipia from sam's. I don't even bother to thaw it out. Heat the oven to 400. Place the fillets on ten foil on a 20"x14" pan for easier clean up. Then I bought a spray bottle, kinda like the one armorall uses. Fill it with 50% lemon juice and 50% soy sauce, and spary generously over all fillets. Spraying it covers it so much better than just pouring it. Then I sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and dillweed on them. The little ones cook in about 15 minutes, the larger about 20. It is easy to tell when the are done, unlike chicken. Just try to seperate one of them with a fork, and if it flakes away then it is done. You can also use a toaster oven.
This sounds GOOD! I'm definitely printing this one out thanks bro!

sounds good

Yeah let's all eat Tilapia and watch One Tree Hill together we'll bond LOL wtf?

i just marinated my tilapia over night in a combo of soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, and balsamic vinegar then cooked in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes turned out pretty delicious

i just marinated my tilapia over night in a combo of soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, and balsamic vinegar then cooked in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes turned out pretty delicious

Now that's interesting! Never thought to put it in the toaster oven wow...that would make it more of a grilled taste instead of always sauteeing it in a pan on the stove, which makes it kind of watery. Good idea thanks

BBQ

BBQ Style:
Seaon with Olive oil, fresh garlic, lemon slice & adobo. garnish with raw onion
Wrap in foil and heat bbq to 350-400
done in appx 20 minutes.

BBQ Style:
Seaon with Olive oil, fresh garlic, lemon slice & adobo. garnish with raw onion
Wrap in foil and heat bbq to 350-400
done in appx 20 minutes.

Wow thanks guys Tilapia is starting to sound appealing again! I used to get so frustrated with it I'd just slap some garlic powder on it and throw it in the pan with tons of spray pam. YUCK!

For some reason, I like Orange Roughy only with a bit of salt or Mrs.Dash

But I hate hot tuna steaks..

I cook my tilapia "Vera Cruz" style a lot. In a skillet, saute a little diced onion in a small tad of olive oil. Place tilipia on top and pour in: one can of plain diced tomatoes and one small can of spicy Rotel diced tomatoes with chilis. Cover, simmer 5 minutes or until done and serve with brown rice. Top your tilipia at the end of the simmer with some diced green olives if you are not on a super strict diet for another level of flavor in the mix. Spicy.

Last edited:
I like it pan seared.Take a little olive oil and a dab of butter. Season fish w/ Mrs dash and some garlic powder.Get good flavor w/out the salt.I also like to thaw my fish if frozen and press the water out of it w/ paper towels first

I ate a truck load of tilapia and tuna steaks getting ready for a contest last summer. Got sick of spending so much time in the kitchen, so keeping it simple and quick, thaw tilapia in the microwave, put some Old Bay seasoning on it, cook on the grill (open fire) on a wire mesh fish cooker so they don't stick to the grill itself, for about 3 - 4 minutes each side. it was as good as any other laborious method.
When I got down to eliminating sodium, tuna steaks with a little tomato basil flavored Mrs Dash and lemon juice was awesome.
Now I kinda like Captain D's best (turning into a lardass:D)

well my recipe is nothing special because i like to keep it simple and quick, i spray pan with a little non-stick spray throw tilapia in there put salmon season on top then in the oven at 350 for 15-17 minutes

I bake it in a glass dish. Put a little bit of water over the filets, then sprinkle lemon pepper and cajun seasoning on them. Simple, but tasty.

Tilapia is great for cutting, so is tuna, but I got so sick of fish last year when getting ripped. I'm planning ahead for when I cut. Anyone have good tilapia recipes that don't add many extra calories? Also orange roughy, and tuna.

See KTY's Coconut curry seafood stew w/sweet potatoes recipe posted yesterday. I don't know if it fits your cutting regime, but sounds pretty yummy.

Great recipes here! Im dying to use these Im sick of Lemon and pepper Tilapia haha

1 lb talipia
2 plumb tomatoes sliceced thin
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste.

combine minced garlic and olive oil and rub talipia with it.
layer fresh basil then tomatoes on top of each filet.
Bake at 350 for 15 min.

Its so light a fresh you wont want to stop eating.

What the hell is a Talipia????

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner