over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting TRT Legally

moparfreak360

Registered
Alot of guys on here are on TRT self prescribed. This question is more for the guys who got it the annoying way.....If you got prescribed TRT thru your regular Doc, any tips you have? Has anyone spent the extra money and used one of the TRT clinics online that charge much more but hand the scripts out much easier?

Sent from my XT1650 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Talk to cratus medical... They're a sponsor here. At least I think they still are. They provide HRT plus other hormone optimization.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got my TRT through my endo (hypgonadal issues). However my endo isnt progressive and slightly uneducated to say the least. He has no idea what proper levels should be, he crashed my e2 right out the bat, and when he runs labs doesn't even run the proper tests. He mostly deals with older diabetics and the gen pop. I have consulted with some TRT clinincs/wellness clinics and they are so much more open! Even would RX GH, peptides, hcg, etc!. However they come at a higher price... Still thinking about going that route tho.

What up moparfreak,

I know when I initially started TRT I went through a private wellness clinic (my PCP doesn't have a ton of experience). The clinic MD's were knowledgeable/progressive but, as lodykarsen pointed out.. it was expensive.

When I recently went back to school for post grad, I asked if I could start filling my scripts at a cheaper local pharm (walmart, cvs, etc) instead of their compounding pharm in Nevada. I found myself on a tighter budget and Costco is dirt cheap in comparison. They said I could not... I had to fill scripts using their expensive compounding pharm.

The expensive MD's advised me to stick with them until my bloods/protocol were dialed-in. Then, go back to my PCP and see if he would continue treatment with the same protocol while I was back in school. My PCP agreed. The follow up appts and bloods are now covered by insurance. My Cyp is not covered but, its cheap at costco.

My expensive wellness clinic provides excellent patient care and they're liberal (within reason obviously). They're willing to prescribe many things if it makes sense... and if the patient can afford it lol. ex: GH, peptides, HRT, ancillaries, etc.

They told me I'm welcome to call w/ question's/concerns or come back anytime. If I ever want to dive into additional therapies outside of TRT w/ MD supervision they're willing to help. Maybe I got lucky. Not sure if other clinics are that easy to work with.

TL/DR:

Try going to a knowledgeable wellness clinic, pay the high price until you get your protocol dialed-in, then transfer care over to a cheaper family practice doc willing to prescribe TRT and continue the same protocol. My doc supervised trt is pretty damn cheap now.

*I'd recommend my wellness clinic and PCP but, they're both brick and mortars. I don't believe they treat remote patients.

Hope that helps!!

Last edited:
My last two PCP's gave it to me no problem. The first after I asked for it following a blood test that showed I was at the bottom of the acceptable range. The second offered it to me unsolicited and gives me 500mg a week! I only use 10mg a day so it tends to pile up. I like looking at all the bottles of perrigo, Pfizer, and whatever used to be called Watson, I forget the new name. Liquid gold as far as I am concerned. Find a cool male doctor in his 40's and he's more likely to have looked into it for himself.

2.5 cc weekly, that’s cycling!

That way aggressive,...what’s this Drs field?

2.5 cc weekly, that’s cycling!

That way aggressive,...what’s this Drs field?

He's just my regular doctor. He prescribes that way because he said that the pharmacies have not been honoring refills that were much over a month old so this way I get two vials out of one doctor visit. He just wants me to get my refill on time to avoid the problem. I haven't ran into that problem myself but I don't mind the extra test to stockpile. He knows that I don't use that much.

Alot of guys on here are on TRT self prescribed. This question is more for the guys who got it the annoying way.....If you got prescribed TRT thru your regular Doc, any tips you have? Has anyone spent the extra money and used one of the TRT clinics online that charge much more but hand the scripts out much easier?

if you live in or close to a metro area it should be fairly easy to get prescribed from other than a wellness clinic, you can do a simple google search for urologist in your area and read their web-site, it is easy to figure out who is pro trt just from doing that, but it will still depend on the results of your blood work, my total was just in range and my free was low and out of range by a couple of points and my doc prescribed, he is a Urologist, I have checkups every 6 months and pay 30.00 for a 10 ml vial

They’re out there, many guys are just lazy and don’t want to research.

It has nothing to do with being lazy asshole. Ive researched for hours on the topic. Went to see a Uroligist (only one in my area) and got looked at like i was crazy... When he ordered a (total test only) bloodwork I knew He wasnt gonna do anything.....Every Clinic you can go thru online is roughly 250 a month at least. Just looking for options

Talk to cratus medical... They're a sponsor here. At least I think they still are. They provide HRT plus other hormone optimization.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think the op is asking for “prescription” HRT.

Or are you suggesting they can also offer scripts?

... regardless: I’m 45. Legally scripted TRT (juicing) is preferable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with being lazy asshole. Ive researched for hours on the topic. Went to see a Uroligist (only one in my area) and got looked at like i was crazy... When he ordered a (total test only) bloodwork I knew He wasnt gonna do anything.....Every Clinic you can go thru online is roughly 250 a month at least. Just looking for options

You’re lazy, an ass and you broke a Major rule when doc shopping.

Why on earth would you waste time and money making an appt with a doc that you didn’t research to be sure that he prescribed cypionate?!

You’ve searched hours and can’t find a sympathetic dr?
I find that very hard to believe.

I’ll spoon feed you:

Google TRT, HRT, low T, testosterone, cypionate, anything along those lines in your area, or the nearest big city.

Check out their website, and make a few calls.
Only then do you make an appt, don’t waste your time unless you can confirm that the dr handles cypionate or another injectable.

Once you’re set up, you’ll have to see him every six months. Six months isn’t very often so maybe you have drive a little to a bigger city.

Post back how you do.

You’ll find a dr if you’re aggressive and look hard. If you live in BFE you may have to drive a little, but again it’s only every six months.

Don’t give up, dr prescribed T in a 10 cc bottle is nice. :)

Thanks Malcom.

This might have worked for myself I just found a GP that also has hrt anti aging etc on their website .

I am going to ask them if they take insurance .

I am due for a physical and need my blood draw s

My thought process was to get my blood and physical at a place that has a GP and advertises trt etc.

Question: those that have trt covered ...is everything covered by insurance? Do you have to go in for the administration or can you do it at home?

I’ve heard of a lot of Gps giving the gel; is the gel a bad idea?

I found GP's and Endocrinologists were tougher to get a script from then Urologists. A GP that I have now is good about TRT therapy but he tried to start an anti-aging clinic but couldn't get enough clients and had to go back to being a GP.

Urologists are your best bet, they’re more sympathetic to low T, ED issues.

Self injections are standard, with bloodwork every six months.

Don’t waste time with jels, creams and implants,.....DO NOT make an appt unless they will script cypionate.

Dont waste you’re time making the appt unless the Dr is familiar with TRT, they’re out there, just call around.

Thanks Malcom.

Never had any luck with endos or urologists but I’ll keep looking

Urologists seem to be much more sympathetic towards ED and lethargy than most other doctors.

Again, I’m talking about low T, ED issues that can be verified through bloodwork, and fully covered by insurance.

A urologist probably won’t be any help if you’re test level is good, but just want to be jacked on scripted cypionate.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws