over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Miserable Day, I had to euthanize 2 of my dogs today

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
I have always had 3 plus dogs for my whole 50 years of life, so I've dealt with heart break and loss. Today I had to euthanize 2 of my 4 dogs. One due to old age and my almost 8 year old Rotty due to a very aggressive bone cancer. 2 dogs in one day? Agony. Just terrible timing

These are two photos of her on our way to the Vet today. I stopped and bought her 2 scoops of ice cream. Cancer Sucks. Our kids are staying home from school tomorrow.

Last edited:
Photos not loading. This just isn't my day

I'm very sorry to hear that. I have a peek-a-poo, going on 15 years old, and with her creaky joints and deteriorating hearing/eyesight, I know I'm going to be doing the same soon, and it tears me up inside. Only time I've had to let a dog go is when I was very young (only 6 or 7 years old), and with increased awareness I think it's going to be much worse this time.

A dog is a very important part of you. The bond you form and the way that a dog behaves is an extension of not only you as an owner, but you as a person. Having to put one down feels like you're losing part of your very being, and I'm sorry you had to do such a thing, let alone 2 in one day.

Take solace in the fact that they are in a better place in far less pain now. Stay strong for the sake of yourself and for the sake of your kids, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with showing your emotions pertaining to the subject. Although I know our culture tends to lean towards a "manly" image of never showing sadness, don't forget that up until the 20th century, crying for men was considered a strength, a show of emotional being, often being used to mourn fallen comrades. You've lost two comrades today, I think you and your family should be together for the mourning process. Good on you for taking the kids out of school.

If you need to talk, my PM box is open. Stay strong man.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I have a peek-a-poo, going on 15 years old, and with her creaky joints and deteriorating hearing/eyesight, I know I'm going to be doing the same soon, and it tears me up inside. Only time I've had to let a dog go is when I was very young (only 6 or 7 years old), and with increased awareness I think it's going to be much worse this time.

A dog is a very important part of you. The bond you form and the way that a dog behaves is an extension of not only you as an owner, but you as a person. Having to put one down feels like you're losing part of your very being, and I'm sorry you had to do such a thing, let alone 2 in one day.

Take solace in the fact that they are in a better place in far less pain now. Stay strong for the sake of yourself and for the sake of your kids, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with showing your emotions pertaining to the subject. Although I know our culture tends to lean towards a "manly" image of never showing sadness, don't forget that up until the 20th century, crying for men was considered a strength, a show of emotional being, often being used to mourn fallen comrades. You've lost two comrades today, I think you and your family should be together for the mourning process. Good on you for taking the kids out of school.

If you need to talk, my PM box is open. Stay strong man.

Thank you. I did a lot of crying today.

Sorry to hear about your dogs, I haven't had dogs since I was a kid, so its been a while since I have had to deal with losing an animal.

Man I am sorry to hear it Tria.
I am not looking forward to the day.
They for sure become a part of us.

Thank you. I did a lot of crying today.

Nothing wrong with that. The only time I've seen my dad cry was when we put down my childhood dog of 14 years. Letting a dog go really tears you up. Especially since they devote their whole life to unconditionally loving you......and chewing shit up lol. Sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You know how I feel about dogs...and have been in this situation too many times. I know how much they mean to you. Dogs are beyond best friends, and being responsible for ending their suffering is a hard thing to do. Something we don't have to do with our human family. PM me if you need an ear to talk at.

Sorry to hear man :(
May they rest in peace

Sorry bro. When I had to put down my childhood pet of 13 years I cried. It was incredibly hard and I never want to do that again.

So sorry to hear this. All I can say is they would have had a great life with you has their dad. My dog is old and on lots of heart medication and I hate the thought that I will experience something like this in the near future.

Im sorry to hear that coach. They really get into our hearts. My friend took care of mine for the last 13 mos - now that I have him back Im very happy and so is he...if I had to lose him it would just crush me so I can empathize with you.
Again Im very sorry for your loss coach.

I am so sorry for your loss. There is a reason dogs are called man's best friend—they love us unconditionally, they see only our best, and they only want our love and companionship in return. Their only flaw is that they don't live long enough. My heart goes out to you on this difficult day.

Sorry for the loss, man.

That's tough. I have two myself, both are so young.

Dogs are such lovely relatives.

So so sorry for your loss... I too had to put my baby boy 2 yr old pitt down in the fall. Someone stuck a piece of metal in his armpit into his lung/chest cavity when he stood up on his hind legs to look through the fence in my back yard .
He could not be saved.
He was just like a big playful kid. Tricoach you look out for yourself.
That is major personel loss and is very hard on dog lovers. They truly are mans best friend . They would want you happy so remember the good memories.
Take care ... T

So so sorry for your loss... I too had to put my baby boy 2 yr old pitt down in the fall. Someone stuck a piece of metal in his armpit into his lung/chest cavity when he stood up on his hind legs to look through the fence in my back yard .
He could not be saved.
He was just like a big playful kid. Tricoach you look out for yourself.
That is major personel loss and is very hard on dog lovers. They truly are mans best friend . They would want you happy so remember the good memories.
Take care ... T

So sorry people are douche-bags. :(

My Pitty is like a daughter to me, I would be sooo upset.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity