advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tucson Area - This Sweet Dog has got it ALL, except a Home...

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Gina - A Dog for Adoption (#A364547) at Pima Animal Care Center (Tucson, AZ) - YouTube

I spent about an hour with Gina today (2.14.12). She's very sweet loving, and playful girl who loves to give kisses, get belly rubs and play fetch. She's a WONDERFUL, respectful girl who seemed to to get along great with her equally energetic kennel mate. She's in sick bay at PACC right now for kennel cough Her coughing stopped mostly after the first 2-3 minutes out of the kennel, except for an occasional hack we were playing. She's pretty skinny and was very happy to have the treats they provided me at PACC. She's about 25lb I'd guess, and while listed at 1.5yr, seems more like she's less than a year old. I'd guess she'll not weigh more than 35lb full grown.

Gina is a GREAT dog - I mean it when I say she's really "got it all." If you can provide her the wonderful home she deserves, please come see her at PACC (Silverbell and Sweetwater in Tucson, AZ, 520-243-5900 option 4).

-Scott

Pretty cool of you to post up a video of Gina, she is a cutey and seems to melt everytime you pet her!! :) I'm guessing you volunteer at the shelter? I hope this post helps her find a home. Is she also listed on Petfinder.com?? Great site....

Pretty cool of you to post up a video of Gina, she is a cutey and seems to melt everytime you pet her!! :) I'm guessing you volunteer at the shelter? I hope this post helps her find a home. Is she also listed on Petfinder.com?? Great site....

Hey Miss Q,

Thanks for posting - it helps keep this thread at the top.

Yeah, she's a doll.

I'm just starting to officially volunteer. I've fostered with one of the local groups and just adopted two new ones this year so I've got to get them "up to speed," before I can foster again. I like to take my dogs out into the desert off leash so they've got to be under voice command, etc., which takes a while. My two newest are about a year old so and I bring them over as often as possible to a friend's, so there are 6 dogs total do deal with a lot of the time. (I love it.)

So instead of fostering, I've just started going over to the pound and spending some time with a dog or two who is in sick bay or one of the older dogs who is less likely to be adopted, just to get them out of the hell hole over there. It took me about 10 visits to not cry each time I'm in there.

When I went a couple weeks ago, I shot some video on my phone, made a little movie and that dog was adopted in just a few days via Facebook! So, I figured I'll just do that each time I'm there to get a sweet dog some exposure. After Gina's vid, it seems like a lot of the rescue network on facebook agreed that this was a great way to get the dogs seen, so I may have made a volunteer job for myself as a very amateur videographer.

If you have facebook, myspace, etc. and want to post this vid up, that would be great. The previous dog was adopted by a friend of a friend (not even a FB friend of mine) who saw the vid. within 10 minutes of me posting it, so you never know how far you might reach (who how you're connected with someone in Tucson who might be looking for a dog.) :)

-Scott

Hey Miss Q,

Yeah, she's a doll.

I'm just starting to officially volunteer. I've fostered with one of the local groups and just adopted two new ones this year so I've got to get them "up to speed," before I can foster again. I like to take my dogs out into the desert off leash so they've got to be under voice command, etc., which takes a while. My two newest are about a year old so and I bring them over as often as possible to a friend's, so there are 6 dogs total do deal with a lot of the time. (I love it.)

So instead of fostering, I've just started going over to the pound and spending some time with a dog or two who is in sick bay or one of the older dogs who is less likely to be adopted, just to get them out of the hell hole over there. It took me about 10 visits to not cry each time I'm in there.

When I went a couple weeks ago, I shot some video on my phone, made a little movie and that dog was adopted in just a few days via Facebook! So, I figured I'll just do that each time I'm there to get a sweet dog some exposure. After Gina's vid, it seems like a lot of the rescue network on facebook agreed that this was a great way to get the dogs seen, so I may have made a volunteer job for myself as a very amateur videographer.

If you have facebook, myspace, etc. and want to post this vid up, that would be great. The previous dog was adopted by a friend of a friend (not even a FB friend of mine) who saw the vid. within 10 minutes of me posting it, so you never know how far you might reach (who how you're connected with someone in Tucson who might be looking for a dog.) :)

-Scott

It's great what your doing. I would post on facebook but most of my friends live in the UK. I wish all the dogs the very best and hope they get homes. It's especially good you spending time with the older dogs that may not get homed :)

It's great what your doing. I would post on facebook but most of my friends live in the UK. I wish all the dogs the very best and hope they get homes. It's especially good you spending time with the older dogs that may not get homed :)

Thanks, man. I see these older dogs sometimes and they look at you just like one of my own would. You can tell they've been around people for years and really don't know what's going on. They will sit there in the pound for months many times until they get rescued or in the case of the pound here, they get sick (kennel cough is rampant) and then eventually PTS.

Those are tougher to see in some ways than the younger ones...

-Scott

nice post bro, i have made my mind up that the next pup i get will be from adoption.

if i didint have 3 i would get more

if i didint have 3 mastif i would jump on this but im also far from tucson

nice post bro, i have made my mind up that the next pup i get will be from adoption.

RIGHT ON!!!! Good man. This post is worth it just for that. Just be careful going over to the pound if you don't go through a rescue group. You'll come home with a half dozen of them. :)

Nice looking dog,goodluck finding her a home.godbless

Thanks, Hank!

if i didint have 3 mastif i would jump on this but im also far from tucson

Totally understand.

FWIW, TRANSPORT can be arranged for these kinds of things, no problem. I'm actually making a trip through TX (via I-10) in a few weeks, as an example, and would be willing to transport her. This is done all the time, across states, most often for breed specific rescue, but sometimes just b/c folks find a dog they want on petfinder, etc.. This would simply entail the dog being rescued and temporarily fostered by a rescue group, the adopters applying, etc., just like a regular adoption, which is just routine stuff.

-Scott

The video was a refreshing change from the 'show the dog with 1 eye and 3 legs for 30 seconds' tactic of guilting people into animal adoption.

Hey Miss Q,

Yeah, she's a doll.

-Scott

Well- the dogs are lucky to have you to play with them and make videos that eventually help them get adopted. That video is pretty cool and really shows off Gina's personality. I truly think it's a great thing for you to volunteer like you do. Any updates on Gina??

The video was a refreshing change from the 'show the dog with 1 eye and 3 legs for 30 seconds' tactic of guilting people into animal adoption.

No shit!!! LOL I really wonder if those help with adoption or mainly with donation.

Part of what those vid's can create (and I'm getting this feedback from many volunteers at the pound, as well) is the perception that shelter dogs are all defective in some way: aggressive, physically or mentally handicapped. Not true at all...

Well- the dogs are lucky to have you to play with them and make videos that eventually help them get adopted. That video is pretty cool and really shows off Gina's personality. I truly think it's a great thing for you to volunteer like you do. Any updates on Gina??

She's not been adopted by her kennel cough seems better. As fate would have it, I was spending some time with her two days ago and her kennelmate, Carson, was out for a walk so I got to spend some time with Carson. (I'll put up a full post on him, too. He's AMAZING, but pretty sick so he needs to get outta there.)

Carson - A Dog for Adoption (A#366026) at Pima Animal Care Center (Tucson, AZ) - YouTube

-Scott

Gina has been adopted!!! :)

-S

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws