over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Attacked by a Pit Bull

TheGeneral

Registered
My 16 pound chihuahua was attacked by a Pit at the dog park a couple of weeks back. I've since learned that dog parks are not a good place for dogs. They are a breeding ground for illnesses and you never know what kind of OWNER shows up. Dex, is doing much better now.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 849
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,228
Damn bro, luckily your dog is doing well. Hope Dex recovers fast! I work with animals and pitbulls. Even Ive got torn up by one. Its a good breed but one that bad owners tend to steer towards. I dont let mine near any other dogs until I can gauge the temperament at least. You never know how the owners or previous owners treated them.

What was the owners reaction when it happned?

I had a cane corso and the type of owners you were referring to we're asking me about it. I would never tell them because I didn't want them to end up getting one.
A few weeks ago a pitbull was snapping at my newfoundland(who doesn't understand that not everyone wants to play), the girl couldn't hold him back and I was 1 sec away from kicking her ghetto dog right in the face.

I know pitbullls aren't a bad breed but its like the desirable dog for people who dont deserve dogs to have.
They never get them fixed and like 5 pitbullls literally hump my 160 pound dog the whole time he's at the park.
People should really need a license to own a dog.

My 16 pound chihuahua was attacked by a Pit at the dog park a couple of weeks back. I've since learned that dog parks are not a good place for dogs. They are a breeding ground for illnesses and you never know what kind of OWNER shows up. Dex, is doing much better now.

This is the most important statement right there about dogs and their owners! I'm so glad you made that statement and didn't blame the dog for it! Dogs learn what is taught to them! Plain and simple! Good to hear your little buddy is doing well. And this coming from an owner of two pits who wouldn't wouldn't hurt a fly. Hope he heals well my friend.

I'm so glad your pooch survived. It only takes one good grab and shake for a big dog to kill a smaller dog.

glad to hear things are improving. breeds have certain tendencies, that is what they were breed for initially. owners need to what that is and match them selves to the type of dog they can and will deal with.

SUcks that happened to your dog... My rott killed a pittbull once, the owner told me (at the dog park) that his dog was going to attack mine, my rott is super playful but hes big and tough well the guy let the pittbull loose and the pittbull came straight torwards my dog... Well my dog got him and killed him, the owner then was pissed i told him why do you bring a dog to the park that wants to fight.. my dog weighs 130 lbs..

SUcks that happened to your dog... My rott killed a pittbull once, the owner told me (at the dog park) that his dog was going to attack mine, my rott is super playful but hes big and tough well the guy let the pittbull loose and the pittbull came straight torwards my dog... Well my dog got him and killed him, the owner then was pissed i told him why do you bring a dog to the park that wants to fight.. my dog weighs 130 lbs..

What a dick, why would he let the pitbull loose after he said it was gonna attack? Was he trying to be tough?

That sucks he got attacked but I really expected to see a pile of hamburger meat when I read what breeds were involved.

I guess, ive never taken my dog to the park again, i just play with him, hes never gotten into a fight besides that one normally he plays fetch with other dogs to see whos the fastest lol

The guy let his dog loose purposely??????? Did i read that right?????

I'm so sorry that happened. Dog fights can be very scary especially when its your dog involved.

I too will never again go to the dog parks.

I live in Lafayette Colorado, and my wife and I always took my dads 90lbs pointer, who is massive and pure muscle but sweet as ever. I always used proper dog park etiquette; staying close to my dog and keeping to ourselves. A lab mix approaches our dog and mounts him, biting him under his arm pit. Our dog Henry reacted by holding the dog down. He did not bite the dog once, the woman who's dog was attacking ours proceeds to scream all crazy and BEAT our dog with a 3ft plastic stick! Henry didn't attack her or hurt her dog even with the lady attacking him. I grabbed Henry and lifted him up and turned around. Her dog was tryibg to bite him ane she just stood there. Then the lady threatens my wife, waivibg thr stick around like she was going to hit her. I called.my dad, since its his dog and the woman cals her husband, who im pretty sure was a cop. First thing hr did was threaten my 65yr old Dad. I blew my top, finally, and chased them off, nobody threatena my family. She left bloody welts on our dog and I filed a police report for animal abuse. The woman is the VP of Denver Lab Rescue. I was so sick to learn this! On top of it, even wish witnesses and evidence they chose.not.to.proceed with any charges, so this lady is.still going to the dog park.

its all about the owner, i own pitbulls, well only one now and she is the most loving dog ever. i dont think she could ever hurt someone. on that note a friend of mines wife was nearly malled to death by a golden retriever, noone expected that

I am so sorry. That 1st pic broke my heart to look at. Did the other dog owner pay for your pup's vet bill's?

I used to take my Scottie to a dog park in Raleigh and it was so packed w/ large breed dog's that my little one would jump up on one of the picnic tables and stay there!! Pretty funny to see him barking down to all the big dog's!!

Had a beagle about 4 years ago and our neighbors had about 4 or 5 pit bulls, we lived out in the country so neither of us had fences but every time one of their pitbulls saw our beagle they would run over and attack it and luckily we were out there the few times to break it up or they would've killed him. Well on day while I was on my property one of the pit bulls came over and bit me, took a nice chunk out of my leg, so before going to get stitches I put a hollow point through his skull and buried him. Safe to say the neighbors watched over the rest of their dogs a little better after that. I know most people say that pit bulls only act that way because of their owners and I believe it to an extent, but they were bred to be mean so it is much easier to make them mean. In many counties around me it's illegal to own pit bulls, and with all the stories you hear of pit bulls turning on their owners its no wonder people think pitbulls in general are vicious.

I agree 100%

Had a beagle about 4 years ago and our neighbors had about 4 or 5 pit bulls, we lived out in the country so neither of us had fences but every time one of their pitbulls saw our beagle they would run over and attack it and luckily we were out there the few times to break it up or they would've killed him. Well on day while I was on my property one of the pit bulls came over and bit me, took a nice chunk out of my leg, so before going to get stitches I put a hollow point through his skull and buried him. Safe to say the neighbors watched over the rest of their dogs a little better after that. I know most people say that pit bulls only act that way because of their owners and I believe it to an extent, but they were bred to be mean so it is much easier to make them mean. In many counties around me it's illegal to own pit bulls, and with all the stories you hear of pit bulls turning on their owners its no wonder people think pitbulls in general are vicious.

I have nothing positive to say about the bred. All of these Pit-Bull types just refuse to get the obvious. {Pit-Bull} is a breed of dog Genetically Engineered to be a vicious animal to fight in the dog fighting Pits to the death. And not breed for anything else. Not as a companion,or family pet.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: DumbASSES are just playing with a loaded gun,with the safety of all other pets and their own children

exactly

I have nothing positive to say about the bred. All of these Pit-Bull types just refuse to get the obvious. {Pit-Bull} is a breed of dog Genetically Engineered to be a vicious animal to fight in the dog fighting Pits to the death. And not breed for anything else. Not as a companion,or family pet.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: DumbASSES are just playing with a loaded gun,with the safety of all other pets and their own children

If you breed a dog to be mean, over time all of the dogs in that breed will be mean. Now I don't want to offend anyone either, I know many people that own pitbulls and their dogs would never hurt them because they raised them from when they were pups, but when it comes to people that weren't there since they were pups or that you brought in, they are prone to attack. They bred them to fight and as junkyard dogs to protect places, and thats what they'll do.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws