over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MK-677 Oral HGH Secretagogue

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.

AuthorsMurphy MG, et al. Show all Journal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5.

Abstract

The reversal of diet-induced negative nitrogen balance by GH suggests a possible therapeutic role for GH treatment in catabolic patients. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-period cross-over study was designed to investigate whether MK-677, an orally active nonpeptide mimic of GH-releasing peptide, can reverse diet-induced protein catabolism. Eight healthy volunteers (ages 24-39 yr) were calorically restricted (18 kcal/kg.day) for two 14-day periods. During the last 7 days of each diet period, subjects received either oral MK-677 25 mg or placebo once daily. There was a 14- to 21-day washout interval between periods. During the first week of caloric restriction (i.e. diet alone), daily nitrogen losses were similar for both treatment groups (mean +/- SE; MK-677 group -2.67 +/- 0.40 g/day vs. placebo group -2.83 +/- 0.26 g/day). During the second week (diet and study drug), mean daily nitrogen balance was 0.31 +/- 0.21 g/day in the MK-677 treatment group compared with -1.48 +/- 0.21 g/day in the placebo group (P < 0.01). MK-677 improved nitrogen balance integrated over the 7 days of treatment; area under the curve day 8-14 nitrogen balance response was +2.69 +/- 5.0 (SE) for MK-677 and -8.97 +/- 5.26 g.day for placebo (P < 0.001). MK-677 produced a peak GH response of 55.9 +/- 31.7 micrograms/L after single dose (day 1 of treatment) and 22.6 +/- 9.3 micrograms/L after a week of dosing compared with placebo treatment peak GH values of approximately 9 (treatment day 1) and approximately 7 micrograms/L (treatment day 7). Following the initial 7-day caloric restriction, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) declined from 232 +/- 25 to 186 +/- 19 ng/mL in the MK-677 group and from 236 +/- 19 to 174 +/- 23 ng/mL in the placebo group. Mean IGF-I concentration increased significantly during MK-677 to 264 +/- 31 ng/mL (mean for the last 5 days of treatment) compared with 188 +/- 19 ng/mL with placebo (P < 0.01). No significant difference in IGF binding protein-2 was found between the MK-677 and placebo treatments. However, the mean in IGF binding protein-3 for the last 5 days of MK-677 treatment was also significantly increased to 3273 +/- 330 ng/mL (mean +/- SE) compared with placebo 2604 +/- 253 ng/mL (P < 0.01). Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

Some research on mk0677.

**broken link removed**

Summary of Study: Raises serum IGF-1/IGFBP-3, able to REVERSE diet induced nitrogen wasting (protein catabolism due to calorie restriction).
Done on HEALTHY volunteers.

**broken link removed**

Summary of Study: Sleep patterns were less interrupted, REM and deep sleep was significantly increased. Done on HEALTHY volunteers of age 18-30. Effect was seen much greater in elderly subjects.

**broken link removed**

Summary of Study: 7 day study on GH/IGF-1 effects after once daily administration. Showed similar GH release in all three concentrations (placebo/5mg/25mg) but dose dependant increases in serum IGF-1 in 5mg/25mg. Also showed an increase in GH pulses. Done on 9 HEALTHY young males.

Design and biological activities of L-163,191 (MK-0677): a potent, orally active growth hormone secretagogue

This text shows the full chemical structure of MK0677 as well as how to synthesize it, available also in PDF. (It is referred to as L-163,191). Shows btw that oral availability is >60% and that it can form solution with water greater than 100mg/ml.

N-[1(R)-[(1,2-dihydro-1-methanesulfonylspiro[3H-indole-3,4'-piperidin]-1'-y l)carbonyl]-2-(phenylmethyloxy)ethyl]-2-amino-2-methylpropanamide methanesulfonate is MK-0677

**broken link removed**

Patent information regarding ibutamoren mesylate.

Last edited:
Prolonged oral treatment with MK-677, a novel growth hormone secretagogue, improves sleep quality in man.

AuthorsCopinschi G, et al. Show all Journal
Neuroendocrinology. 1997 Oct;66(4):278-86.

Affiliation
Abstract
Previous studies have indicated the existence of common mechanisms regulating sleep and somatotropic activity. In the present study, we investigated the effects of prolonged treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone secretagogue (MK-677) on sleep quality in healthy young and older adults. Eight young subjects (18-30 years) followed a double-blind, placebo-controlled, three-period crossover design. Each subject participated in three 7-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration), presented in random (Latin square) order, and separated by at least 14 days. Doses were 5 and 25 mg MK-677 and matching placebo. Six older subjects, ages 65-71 years, each participated in two 14-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration) separated by a 14-day washout. Doses were 2 and 25 mg MK-677 during the first and second periods, respectively. Baseline sleep and hormonal data were obtained on the 2 days preceding the beginning of the first 14-day treatment period. In young subjects, high-dose MK-677 treatment resulted in an approximately 50% increase in the duration of stage IV and in a more than 20% increase in REM sleep as compared to placebo (p < 0.05). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep decreased from 42% under placebo to 8% under high-dose MK-677 (p < 0.03). In older adults, treatment with MK-677 was associated with a nearly 50% increase in REM sleep (p < 0.05) and a decrease in REM latency (p < 0.02). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep also decreased (p < 0.02). The present findings suggest that MK-677 may simultaneously improve sleep quality and correct the relative hyposomatotropism of senescence.

I wanna try this to give body a break from exo HGH and wake up my own system. Any other real world feed back? Wanna keep cutting tho and have read it increases hunger a fair bit

Here is a post from russianstar at the end of his MK-677 log:

"I finished the cycle 4lbs up, feeling stronger, sleeping better, perfect skin, this is one of my favourite supps.. i will post up a full review shortly, but i will be running this now at 50mg ed next time, it felt like 4iu of gh easily.. was even getting numb fingers."

Thanks for posting these :)

Some research on mk0677.

**broken link removed**

Summary of Study: Raises serum IGF-1/IGFBP-3, able to REVERSE diet induced nitrogen wasting (protein catabolism due to calorie restriction).
Done on HEALTHY volunteers.

**broken link removed**

Summary of Study: Sleep patterns were less interrupted, REM and deep sleep was significantly increased. Done on HEALTHY volunteers of age 18-30. Effect was seen much greater in elderly subjects.

**broken link removed**

Summary of Study: 7 day study on GH/IGF-1 effects after once daily administration. Showed similar GH release in all three concentrations (placebo/5mg/25mg) but dose dependant increases in serum IGF-1 in 5mg/25mg. Also showed an increase in GH pulses. Done on 9 HEALTHY young males.

Design and biological activities of L-163,191 (MK-0677): a potent, orally active growth hormone secretagogue

This text shows the full chemical structure of MK0677 as well as how to synthesize it, available also in PDF. (It is referred to as L-163,191). Shows btw that oral availability is >60% and that it can form solution with water greater than 100mg/ml.

N-[1(R)-[(1,2-dihydro-1-methanesulfonylspiro[3H-indole-3,4'-piperidin]-1'-y l)carbonyl]-2-(phenylmethyloxy)ethyl]-2-amino-2-methylpropanamide methanesulfonate is MK-0677

**broken link removed**

Patent information regarding ibutamoren mesylate.

MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.

AuthorsMurphy MG, et al. Show all Journal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5.

Abstract

The reversal of diet-induced negative nitrogen balance by GH suggests a possible therapeutic role for GH treatment in catabolic patients. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-period cross-over study was designed to investigate whether MK-677, an orally active nonpeptide mimic of GH-releasing peptide, can reverse diet-induced protein catabolism. Eight healthy volunteers (ages 24-39 yr) were calorically restricted (18 kcal/kg.day) for two 14-day periods. During the last 7 days of each diet period, subjects received either oral MK-677 25 mg or placebo once daily. There was a 14- to 21-day washout interval between periods. During the first week of caloric restriction (i.e. diet alone), daily nitrogen losses were similar for both treatment groups (mean +/- SE; MK-677 group -2.67 +/- 0.40 g/day vs. placebo group -2.83 +/- 0.26 g/day). During the second week (diet and study drug), mean daily nitrogen balance was 0.31 +/- 0.21 g/day in the MK-677 treatment group compared with -1.48 +/- 0.21 g/day in the placebo group (P < 0.01). MK-677 improved nitrogen balance integrated over the 7 days of treatment; area under the curve day 8-14 nitrogen balance response was +2.69 +/- 5.0 (SE) for MK-677 and -8.97 +/- 5.26 g.day for placebo (P < 0.001). MK-677 produced a peak GH response of 55.9 +/- 31.7 micrograms/L after single dose (day 1 of treatment) and 22.6 +/- 9.3 micrograms/L after a week of dosing compared with placebo treatment peak GH values of approximately 9 (treatment day 1) and approximately 7 micrograms/L (treatment day 7). Following the initial 7-day caloric restriction, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) declined from 232 +/- 25 to 186 +/- 19 ng/mL in the MK-677 group and from 236 +/- 19 to 174 +/- 23 ng/mL in the placebo group. Mean IGF-I concentration increased significantly during MK-677 to 264 +/- 31 ng/mL (mean for the last 5 days of treatment) compared with 188 +/- 19 ng/mL with placebo (P < 0.01). No significant difference in IGF binding protein-2 was found between the MK-677 and placebo treatments. However, the mean in IGF binding protein-3 for the last 5 days of MK-677 treatment was also significantly increased to 3273 +/- 330 ng/mL (mean +/- SE) compared with placebo 2604 +/- 253 ng/mL (P < 0.01). Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

Are you going to log this? would definitely be interested in seeing results for this.

Going to research a bottle. It looks awesome. I have some hexarelin and mod grf 129 that I will be blasting with it once a day for a little extra boost. All the human research is showing that it will raise igf/gh levels similar to ghrps. This stuff is about to be a new fav sup :)

Are you going to log this? would definitely be interested in seeing results for this.

I'm going to log it here. I may add 2mg cjcDAC once a week as they secrete hgh from a difference mechanism. I'll definitely use huperzine A 3x/day to inhibit somatostatin.

MK-677 sounds like it gives a dozen hgh pulses a day. That's what russianstar said. I hope it makes me hungry all day. I want to keep gaining weight.

I'm going to log it here. I may add 2mg cjcDAC once a week as they secrete hgh from a difference mechanism. I'll definitely use huperzine A 3x/day to inhibit somatostatin.

MK-677 sounds like it gives a dozen hgh pulses a day. That's what russianstar said. I hope it makes me hungry all day. I want to keep gaining weight.

This could be a great thing so excited to see peoples logs and views on it after they use it.

I will be very interested to see what kind of results you get from this, if all goes well, will definitely buy a bottle or two.

I plan to make a purchase very soon….looking forward to the experience.

Trackin shows my two bottles of MK-677 arriving today. I'll take 25mg when I get home. This is going to be so convenient. :)

I have read that MK-677 causes a dozen HGH pulses over a 24 hour period. I think it would stack perfectly with one vial of cjcDAC per week dosed in a one time inject.

Did 50mg per day for 30 days.

sleep recovery pumps and skin tone all better.Typical of what peps would offer. Back to 30mg e3d. My initial response I could feel the gh pulse like a cjc/ghrp dose and feel the gherlin response, diminished with each dose. I am taking ecgc and hup 4 times a day as well. After 4th day, response went away. I did not see double the results when I doubled the dose from 30 to 60mg. I know the study that had patients dose at 25mg for a year and their igf and gh doubled. But it was elderly patients. Base gh and igf were very low. Just started e3d, allowing pit to store up some gh. See if I get that initial response again.

Last edited:
I just started MK-677 last night at 6:30pm with a dose of 25mg. My big fear was that my appetite wouldn't be as good as it was with GHRP2. Lately I have no appetite until I take my GHRP2. This morning I woke up very hungry!
What really surprised me this morning is my left hand was completely numb upon waking. With ghrp2 my hands were just beginning to get a bit numb. This morning it was dead numb which is a very good sign.
This morning I took my huperzine A and 37.5mg MK-677. I also took 200mcg cjcDAC to get the GHRH synergy. I have two vials of cjcDAC left so 200mcg every morning will last me 20 days. My right hand is actually getting tight as I type this in my phone.

I took 37.5mg MK-677 this morning and I'm abnormally hungry!!! I can tell this sets off lots of mini HGH pulses throughout the day from the ghrelin release. It's like taking a mini dose of GHRP6 every couple hours. I'm freaking starving!!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws