YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ostarine and impact on labs (HDL/LDL liver etc)

xpoc

Registered
Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence or studies related to Ostarine and its impact on the blood panel? I am specifically looking to see what it does to cholesterol (HDL/LDL), triglycerides, and liver enzymes ALT/AST.

I am 50 and am toying with the idea of a 10 week Ostarine cycle since it is reported to be one of the "safest" sarms, but I do have concerns related to cardiac impacts.

It's impossible for anyone to say without knowing your medical history. If you are good health, take it for a few months. That being said, I don't know anything about your background....ever lift? Ever use gear? On TRT? Lifestyle factors?

It's impossible for anyone to say without knowing your medical history. If you are good health, take it for a few months. That being said, I don't know anything about your background....ever lift? Ever use gear? On TRT? Lifestyle factors?

I know my history (see below). I was asking if anyone has any first hand info on the impact it had on THEIR blood work. Or if they know of any studies that show the impact it had on the test subjects.

I am not asking what impact it will have on me. I will have to deduce it based on the what I learn from the input from others.

For me, yes on TRT. No on gear. Currently on low dose Lipitor due to cholesterol (untreated being around 220 total with LDL just over 100). Now, with meds the panel is good. HDL 60. LDL 88. Triglycerides 88. AST/ALT was a bit elevated (60's) but that was likely due to me loading up on niacin. Estrogen in the mid 20's. Had a heart scan and had a coronary calcium score of 78 which is considered "mild" atherosclerosis. 0-10 is ideal/none . 11-100= mild. 101-250= moderate. Yes I have been lifting for many years. In very good shape and eat well. 50 years old.

I'm 57. Ostarine skewed my lipids. Drove my LDL up and HDL down and my triglycerides went up. Not friendly to ipids at all. I see this over and over.

My experience, it messes up bloodwork worse then AAS and the results/effects are not as good. SARMs in general are a failure. The goal was less sides then AAS, I have witnessed the opposite in most cases. They work, but not what it is all chalked up to be. I used to think they are a better alternative to AAS, not anymore except that you may risk less shutdown of the HPTA with SARMs but still seems to effect most.

OK good to know. Your personal experiences are the opposite of what an earlier study "reported" and what the dealers are touting. It is supposed to LOWER all cholesterol and triglycerides. I was concerned about it lowering HDL. But, if you are telling me it lowers HDL but ALSO rises LDL and triglycerides that is a major concern.

Here is the only study on humans I could find that addresses it:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3177038/

Last edited:
OK good to know. Your personal experiences are the opposite of what an earlier study "reported" and what the dealers are touting. It is supposed to LOWER all cholesterol and triglycerides. I was concerned about it lowering HDL. But, if you are telling me it lowers HDL but ALSO rises LDL and triglycerides that is a major concern.

Here is the only study on humans I could find that addresses it:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3177038/

Don't touch the Ostarine than. Not to sound like a dick, but it sounds to me like you want someone to tell you it's okay....and you're lipids will be okay? People who sell these products are typically going to tell you what you want to hear....they are safer than AAS and get the same results....that's just not true for the most part.

I will use them again. The upside is they are good on my joints. Bloodwork goes in the crapper but IMO that can be minimized. I have some arthritis from all the sports and weight training. So while being off AAS I have used Ostarine at 20-30 mg a day for 4-6 weeks and my joints feel a lot better. So they do target bone and joint tissue like designed. I's just that they do the same thing to blood lipids as oral steroids. You can look at it like that. Ostarine at 30 mg/d will skew your lipids but may also harden you up some, partition nutrients more favorably, and make your joints feel better. That's what it's good for but you're best coming from a recovered position off AAS or as a "natty".

Don't touch the Ostarine than. Not to sound like a dick, but it sounds to me like you want someone to tell you it's okay....and you're lipids will be okay? People who sell these products are typically going to tell you what you want to hear....they are safer than AAS and get the same results....that's just not true for the most part.

Not going to use it. I was just looking for something OTHER than what the retailers were pushing out. If the studies backed their claims, than OK cool. I found one that did...not much to the contrary other than they generally lower HDL. But, since I have had several guys on here say their lipids tanked for minimal results, I am not an idiot. I'll pass. At my age that HDL impact alone is a deciding factor.

But, YES I would love for a study to support how great they are, followed by a dozen guys that say it had zero negative impacts on their labs. But, that didn't happen did it....

Have you thought about using MK? It will aid in the enhancement in your body. Some hold water, while others don't.

Have you thought about using MK? It will aid in the enhancement in your body. Some hold water, while others don't.
Just a clarification, MK677 is an oral GH secretagogue and is the greatest most effective one to date, trumps all other gh peps and products! It is not a SARM and does not fall in that category of androgenic compounds.

Just a clarification, MK677 is an oral GH secretagogue and is the greatest most effective one to date, trumps all other gh peps and products! It is not a SARM and does not fall in that category of androgenic compounds.

You are correct. I failed to state the obvious. MK677 is a solid product...make sure you buy from a reputable source too.. RS, I know you know this already.

I always use Mike Arnold's GW and MK. Just in case someone is wondering where to buy legit product. There's a few others out there, but I use his stuff.

Mike Arnold makes amazing products no doubt so I'm not trying to take the wind out of anyone's sails..(his product can be used for several things besides boosting hdl).
[Also, perhaps keeping hdl from plummeting(in our lifestyle) is even more important than any boost you may get.]

But I just recently listened to a podcast with Peter Attia and Mark Hyman where the following was said - quite matter of factly..

'Any efforts to raise HDL have either backfired and become harmful or at best not helpful.'

Turns out the function and the ability to de-lipidate is of paramount importance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm 57. Ostarine skewed my lipids. Drove my LDL up and HDL down and my triglycerides went up. Not friendly to ipids at all. I see this over and over.

That is so true,
I have seen this on lab works repeatedly!

Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence or studies related to Ostarine and its impact on the blood panel? I am specifically looking to see what it does to cholesterol (HDL/LDL), triglycerides, and liver enzymes ALT/AST.

I am 50 and am toying with the idea of a 10 week Ostarine cycle since it is reported to be one of the "safest" sarms, but I do have concerns related to cardiac impacts.

My lab work all came back within normal
Range on ostarine. (With TRT through doc).

No issues whatsoever and a positive mood.

I’ve done a few cycles of it with TRT.

Done blood tests during (circa 3weeks ish) and right after. (6 weeks)
Haven’t done it longer than 6 weeks.

Last edited:
I have used it and got bloods done. Definitely has an impact on lipids. LGD absolutely tanks my lipids.

Not sure why you want to use it on TRT. Better off doubling your TRT dose for a cycle. You would get better results

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws