advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using rogaine as a preventive measure ? (experienced users get in here)

Gravyv

Registered
I don't think i'm prone to balding. However, lately I have noticed some hairs fall out when I scratched my head. Now I'm a bit paranoid and ended up ordering some generic rogaine.

My question now is if I only use rogaine while on cycle then stop afterwards; can I run into a risk of increased hairloss?

I'm going to keep reading more on this product. But In the meantime I would appreciate any feedback from people that have used this before.

thanks.

Been using about 8 months,no big hair growth but it coupled with Prescrition strength Nizoral has slowed down loss and thickened my hair,take note the last 18 weeks has been using primo and masteron which are known for hair loss,so during the winter I hope to see a little filling in on those bald spots.

Rogaine works if you are using liquid form(org). There is a rogaine shampoo but its missing the active chemical Minoxidil. Only the orginal rogaine topical solution works. Just had this conversation with the drug rep and dr I work for on weds.

Nizoral (ketoconazole) is used for dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp. Also used for some fungal infections(tinea versicolor). No FDA proof that it help thinning hair.

I bought the foam but I see a lot of people recommend using nizoral shampoo. Maybe I should just use nizoral shampoo on cycle? I think I just might be paranoid because I saw alittle bit of shedding. It's hard to tell because its so subtle at the moment.

notsane01 "I bought the foam but I see a lot of people recommend using nizoral shampoo. Maybe I should just use nizoral shampoo on cycle? I think I just might be paranoid because I saw alittle bit of shedding. It's hard to tell because its so subtle at the moment."

Rogaine foam does contain active chemical Minoxidil. Its been proven that it works. How long have you been using it? If for over 3-4 months with no improvements maybe switch to Finasteride (Propecia).

Im not too sure about Rogaine and Nizoral but I take Finasteride daily (5mg per week) and it has worked well. It does have a few sides but they dont all affect everyone. Both my brothers are balding (without use of supps) and my father was pretty bald. So it definately runs in the family and finasteride is working well to stop it happen to me.

This will help. Nizoral, rogain, and s5 cream is a start. All topical.

I will never ever use propecia/finasteride. Stuff can permanently ruin your sex drive and ruin the feeling of orgasm.

Rogain made me grow hair but its light and thin. So I still look bald. So I shave my head now. Chicks don't seem to mind at all either. Still get plenty of puss.

My hair loss story and what you can do about yours (PICS) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Last edited:
Whats s5 cream ? Also do you use rogaine for life now ? I am considering using it as a preventive measure because I'm not noticeably balding or anything. I just noticed some shedding, but it hasn't been dramatic. I am hoping its just a few lose hairs and I wont start balding.

Although, the only person that is balding in my family is my brother. But he started pretty young. And I've been doing good so far.

the brand name rogain 5 percent foam works for me. the liquid forms and copies dont....

Have any of you guys use rogaine on while on cycle or do you guys use it year round?

Any hair regrown from Rogaine will fall out again once Rogaine use is discontinued. I have used it on cycle before thinking I was prone to hairloss, but I wasn't. Of course there is the argument that the increased blood flow to the follicle while on cycle could possibly prevent the death of it from elevated DHT. Try it, Rogaine is dirt cheap on ebay (generic minoxidil).

Yea, I was planning on just using it on cycle because I noticed a little bit of shedding. It might be normal shedding that everyone gets. But I do not want to run into the risk of accelerated hairloss once I discontinue use. I haven't been able to find out too much info pertaining to that issue.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws