over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Nail fungus

Rory33

Banned
Not sure if anyone has a solution. Ive never had it and recently started getting it on my feet. Not on every toenail but some and one nail came clear off.

Picked up some Clotrimazole cream USP 1% but hearing mixed reviews if it actually works. Anyone try it or have a better-faster solution?

I ended up with toe nail fungus after a stay in the hospital with a compromised immune system (chemo). Tried a couple of things but finally got rid of it with a prescription of Lamisil.

You can get the generic terbinafine . It costs less than a buck a pill at walmart. You need to stay on It for 2-3 months.

I ended up with toe nail fungus after a stay in the hospital with a compromised immune system (chemo). Tried a couple of things but finally got rid of it with a prescription of Lamisil.

Make sure you know that your liver and kidneys are in decent shape before you use/take Lamisil.

File them down everyday and apply organo oil (cheap on ebay) over your nails. Oregano oil is a potent anti fungal, will clear up very rapidly.

I would like to know too ,, I've tried jus bout everything ,, lamasil cream on them ,, after being filed down thin to make them sporus (sp) ... That worked sum but nothing to b happy about ,, tried a few diff anti fungal oils and creams ,, I went to dr an got prescript for lamisel pills ,, but those things fked me up sum how ., they worked really good on the nails but after bout 2 months it came back an ever since then I swear it's harder to lean out like my metabolism slowed Down or something ..
Also tried eucalyptus oils but no effect either ,, got 2 fingers on one hand 3 on the other an 2 big toes .. The 3rd finger comes and goes ,, but rest been like that for years sumtimes not to bad other times can see them get worse .. Never have fallen off or discolored much but r being eaten further and further back .. I hate it ,, an tired of it .. Wud luv to find a real solution

Tea tree oil or creams or any of that other horsesh#t doesnt work on this stuff. You need torbinafine pills. The whole liver kidney stuff is way over blown and enzymes go back to normal after stopping pills if they ever are elevated at all. There is more risk in taking tylenol eveyday to your liver and drinking alcohol everyday than taking a course of these pills.

I've spent some time researching this subject. I've heard of everything imaginable to help cure this shit. I've even heard of people soakign their feet in their own urine. Creams, listerine, vinegar, anti-fungal polish, Vicks Vapor Rub, Tea Tree.......etc etc.

I do not know anything about the Torbinifine pills, never heard of them. If it works, then it would be great. This problem plagues untold amounts of people and it seems like if there was a simple pill cure for it bought at walmart, it would be widely known and used.

You can always go to the Dr. and have the infected nails removed and the nail beds scraped. This will cure it for sure. You'll have to wait for new nails to regrow.

Wish there was something without a script or for "research" out there. I wouldn't mind the nails removed IF I was sure it wouldn't come back.

The only thing that ever worked for me was the lamisil....but it didn't get rid of ALL of them....and since I took it YEARS ago now.....I've had the two laggard toes with it still....it never spreads, just stays on those two toes...but doesn't go away either.

laser therapy

If its a major problem, they now use laser therapy to remove it...

I have actually seen it featured on Groupon here quite a few times for a pretty reasonable rate....

Guaranteed to work, no stress on your liver.

here is a link from a podiatrist's website here in Chicago explaining it:
**broken link removed**

like i said, ive seen it advertised on Groupon for pretty inexpensive..

3-4 tbs of bleach mixed in a couple gallons of water soak feet 5-10mins 2 times a day. Soaking them allows the bleach water mix to work its way to the source of the fungus the root of the nail.

Not sure if anyone has a solution. Ive never had it and recently started getting it on my feet. Not on every toenail but some and one nail came clear off.

Picked up some Clotrimazole cream USP 1% but hearing mixed reviews if it actually works. Anyone try it or have a better-faster solution?

Dude get a script for Penlac. It's a clear polish that you put on your nails everyday and is the only drug approved specifically to treat nail fungus.

Lamasil works best when you use it along with Penlac but you can't take it longer than 3 months because it can damage the liver. I don't suggest you run Lamasil if you're taking any orals.

I had Nail fungus on my toes when I got out of the Marines a few years ago and it spread to my fingernails. If you don't act right away and hit it hard it will spread to all of your nails. There are a few home remedies that work but they are kinda iffy because they don't work for everybody. What people don't realize it that it takes a full year to get rid of nail fungus and stop their treatment prematurely.

If you don't want to go to the doc just to get a script you can but Penlac and Lamasil online.

Last edited:
Lamisil didn't work at all for fungus on my big toenail. After it ended up being ingrown for the second time, I just had the podiatrist remove the nail completely. Painless procedure, no pain during healing, and it's done. No regrets.

First you need to make certain it's fungal. I had something on a finger nail that was diagnosed for years as fungal and nothing worked. Finally a Derm diagnosed it as Excema. Problem solved.

Fungal Nail infections are a huge challenge to eradicate. What works on one person often doesn't work on the next. And even if you find a drug that works, it may take months. And then it may still come back.

Have a great day! Ummm, sorry.

Be patient.

After a year of looking at my mogrel looking toe, have started using apple cider vinegar 3-4x daily. Its only been 3 days, and understand it can take months, but most every online review says it works great, and at $3 a bottle is a lot cheaper than the $80 they charge for Loceryl here (and heard that only works in a small number of people)

In other to get rid of Fungal Nails, the first step is to do a KOH test and Fungal culture. KOH identifies the presense of the fungus. Fungal culture will ID the fungus ( Yeast, MOld, or Dermatophyte). Only two drugs are on the market that are FDA approved for fungal nails. Lamisil (Terbinafen) and Sporonox. Both require medications over the coarse of 3 months. Lamisil effective for dermatophytes, Sporonox is effective for yeast and mold.

PS. Topicals dont work, unless you have an extremely mild case, 99% of people dont by the time they seek treatment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity