YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back on track. Cardio, diet and workout advice.

jojo555

Newbies
Hi everyone.
Let me start out with a little history. I'm 23 years old. Been in the gym since I was about 16. However, lately schools been taking over my life, and have slacked off hard the last eight months or so. Now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I've gotten so far out of shape it's scary. Girlfriend actually just left me, and according to her friend it's because "I let myself go". Needless to say, it motivated me.

Previous and current stats- I'm currently 5'8 190lbs, with about 18-21% body fat, which believe me, I won't pull hotter than my ex like this. ha One year ago, I was about 200lbs at 8-9% body fat, isn't greatest but I was proud of my work. I've also noticed that my face is bloated. Also, my erections have become "less full"(they don't look or feel as big). I even have erectile dysfunction randomly during sex. All this leads me to think this gain in fat has caused my T to drop significantly, not good for a newly single FSU student. lol

Program- I plan on doing an hour of cardio(probably on a bike) before breakfast Monday-Friday. Then after classes are over I am going to do a 30-30(30min weights - 30min cardio) type workout mon-fri. My weight routine will look something like this:
mon-Chest Tri
Tue-Back-bi
Wen-legs
Thur-shoulders
Frid-Abs/calves(had to fill the day lol)
Every workout will be 30min immediately followed by 30min on a bike or some sort of cardio.

Diet-I want to start out at a 3000 calorie intake daily, just sounded like a good number. However, I guess my real question is what and how have y'all been successful in losing max body fat at a fast pace? I realize everyone is different, but I don't even have a ballpark estimate of what I burn daily. Besides a $150 calorie counter, how can I zero in on what I should consume? Regardless, I'll try and break it up into 8 meals a day. Is it best to save up for a calorie counter? If so, what kind?

Goal- my goal is in the first 30days to strip as much weight as possible, maybe 30lbs, of course while trying to avoid becoming "skinny-fat". Then, up the calories, mostly protein calories, and also switch to a push-pull-superset type routine to pack on some lean muscle while burning a lot of calories.

I really want to strip this body fat. It disgusts me to think that I'm about 36lbs of it. ha Any input, links, or additional advise on where to start, what's worked for you, or what I should change would be awesome.

I'm sorry for the long post; I really needed to vent as well. Thank you for your advice. I look forward to having professional knowledge at my disposal while getting myself back on track to the better me.

3000 cals is alot to start "dieting" the workout sounds ok , definatly will burn some fat off

if it were me I'd hire somebody , if that's not option I'd do a keto style diet with some added aggressive fat burners

Ok, thanks for your reply.
I've taken into consideration your input. I've cut the calories down to about 2,375, protein intake about 260g(maybe excessive) , Fat intake at about 140g, and of my carbs are only at 41g. I'll post a copy of my diet and routine shortly.
Anyways, I've been reading into the "Ketosis" state. I've learned,that it's when our blood has ketone bodies in it(right?). Ketones are made up of carbon which is a by product of fat being broken down. Basically, this diet turns my body from a carb burning diet into a fat burning one... Pretty badass. However, I read that Ketosis can become a dangerous state if ketone levels in the blood become too high.. Would more cardio, solve that by forcing my body to burn more ketones? I don't understand the ratio there because if I do more cardio than my body will be burning the ketones faster, but also breaking down fat faster, thus creating more ketones? ha Is more cardio better? For example, would it be better if I didn't do cardio after my weight workout, and did cardio 1.5 hours in the morning an 1.5 hours at night? Would three hours of cardio plus 45 min of weights be too much?

I'm typing up my routine and diet now, will post it when I'm finished. Super pumped about it. Hopefully someone can review it. Throughout my life I've learned working smarter beats working harder every time, so sorry if y'all feel I'm being excessive for just getting back into it.

What do y'all think? Also, I figured I'd be able to figure out my calories burned a day by my wight loss. How will I be able to tell if my ketone level is to high? I just read that these kind of diets can be dangerous if that happens. How can I avoid it?
Cardio:
I will do cardio five days a week, before breakfast. So days Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 8:00am (1.5 hours), I will keep my BPM at about 110-120. No cardio after weight workout. Considering another 1 or 1.5 hours at night?

Weight routine for first sixty days:
Monday- Chest and Triceps
• Incline bench-4x8
• Skull Crushers-4x8
• Flat DB Bench-4x8
• Triceps cable ext.-4x8
• Cable flys-3x10
Tuesday-Back and Biceps
• Deadlift -4x8
• T-bar rows-4x8
• Straight bar curl-4x8
• Wide lat pull downs-4x8
• Hammer curls-3x8
Wednesday-Abs/calves
• Weighted declined crunches 4x10
• Calf raises-4x10
• Hanging leg lifts-4x10
• DB side dips(oblique)-3x10
• Cable twists(oblique)-3x10
Thursday-Legs
• Squats-4x8
• Leg press-4x8
• Leg curls-4x8
• Lunges-3x15
Friday-Shoulders
• Push press-3x6
• Upright Row-4x8
• DB Shrugs-4x8
• Seated laterals3x8
• Rear seated laterals-3x8
Diet: calories=2375 Protein=257g carbs=41g fats-140g
 Meal one: Immediately after cardio-
• Six whole natural eggs
 Meal Two:
• 4oz skinless boneless chicken breast
• ¼ cup almonds
 Meal Three:
• One scoop whey
• Two tbsp. natural peanut butter
 Meal Four:
• 4oz skinless boneless chicken breast
• ¼ cup almonds
 Meal Five: post workout shake
• 2 scoops whey
 Meal six:
• 4oz tilapia
• 1 tbsp Macadamia nut oil
 Meal seven:
• 6 whole natural eggs
 Meal eight: Midnight to prevent fasting.
• 4oz tilapia
Supplements:
• Omega-3 fish oil- 1000mgs- three times a day
• Evening Primrose oil(omega-6)-1300mg- twice a day
• Himalaya liv-52(liver support)
• Vitamin E- 15mg with first meal
• Vitamin C- 250mg twice daily
• B-complex- 100mg-twice a day
• L-arginine- 20g- split up between three doses
• Ginseng biloba- 200mg- twice a day
• Yohimbine HCL-2.5mg- build tolerance
• Epimedium -5mg-daily
• L-Dopa- or some kind of Dopamine enhancer
• Test booster-Nutrex T-up Black- five pills with breakfast
• Maybe a little pre-workout nitric oxide.

You were 200lbs in single digit bf % previously? Do you have cycle history or was this all natural? I would drop the fasted cardio down to 45 minutes. That might even be too much especially on the days you're lifting and doing post workout cardio. Personally I just do the AM fasted cardio on days I don't lift and post workout cardio on days I do lift.

Even though you are keeping carbs low, you still need your carbs post workout, so make sure you're taking in your whey with some simple carbs at that time.

You'll get a feel for how this affects your body once you get going. I've slacked off for 6-8 months and had to jump start myself back into the gym too and I would agree with Gunsmith that hiring someone (even if only for like 2 sessions a week for a few weeks) will help you get in a groove.

Good luck

I would take in less fat and more carbs. 140g of fat?! thats half your calories right there.

i suggest 20/40/40 = 20% calories from fat, 40% from protein and 40% from carbs.

so lets just say your daily caloric intake is at 2500 kcals. then youd want to eat 500 calories (55-56g) from fat, 1000 calories (250g) from protein, 1000 calories (250g) from carbs.

id say take most carbs post workout, then breakfast and having least amount of carbs before bed.

if you wanted to lose weight a little quicker, you could cut calories a little more but i think my example would be a decent staple for your diet.

my 2 cents :sport-smi

Bro you were 200lbs at 5'8 8-9% bf? Wtf do you need advice for? Maybe I should be asking you for advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro you were 200lbs at 5'8 8-9% bf? Wtf do you need advice for? Maybe I should be asking you for advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yea, do whatever you did last time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Keto works really well for stripping bf. I would bring those carbs under 40gs though. Energy levels will be low for the first 2 weeks. They were for me anyway. Add amino acids prior to the fasted cardio

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws