over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EXCELLENT CASE STUDY OF 4 BODYBUILDERS USING STEROIDS FOR MANY YEARS

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am not going to paraphrase and spoon feed the info in this study here. I am going to summarize some of the things I found interesting in this study. You then need to read through this study carefully, and pay close attention. Hopefully the terminology wont throw you off.

Here are some things I found rather interesting. The average age of the 4 guys in this study is 30 yrs old. They all had a normal resting heart rate and normal blood pressure. Anabolic steroids have been proven to increase the chances of getting a blood clot, CLINICALLY PROVEN. They have been proven to cause hypertrophy(thickening) of the heart in all walls, and this reverses considerably once they get off the steroids. The stiffening of the heart and lack of contractility (hypokenetic) do not seem to get better after steroids are stopped. Anabolic steroids bring on fibrotic changes in the heart(scar tissue like) and they think a lot of it is mediated by aldosterone. These fibrotic changes can be fought by taking spironolactone. I myself now take spironolactone because my cardiologist told me to. I now do what my doctor tells me to do. (PLEASE NOBODY GO SELF MEDICATING YOURSELF WITH SPIRONOLACTONE PLEASE!!)

Patient #2 almost died during exercise testing from an arrythmia . He had to be shocked several times to stop tachycardia and to avoid any further ventricular fibrillation. he did start to fibrillate some. I had this very same experience and now have a defibrillator planted in my chest. This patient was fooling around very foolishly with high doses of clen trying to get ready for a contest. I guess he didnt care if he died as long as he got a trophy.

Patient 4 had 3 blood clots when admitted to the hospital, yes 3!! One in his left leg, one in his right ventricle, and one in his left ventricle.

All patients resumed taking steroids eventually. Patient 4 left the study as soon as his blood clots were clear and was never heard from again. Bullheaded, ah those docs dont know nothin.

Just sit and spend some time. Most of you on here want to be educated on steriods, and its good that you see what can happen to the heart. Now I know many of you are going to think that they are taking mega doses and this isnt going to happen to me. It is hard to figure out what table one exactly means. I dont know if those #s are weekly doses or what, but they are on the high end. Looks like several grams of test a week maybe. Cannot really tell for certain how to interpret the table. It is foolish to throw away your conern for heart health in this matter thinking that the only reason they had trouble was the high doses. The effects here are additive,and collect over many years. these young men averaged age 30, and so they really had not been using all that long. Looking at the study, it seems the average years of usage was just 8 years. Even if someone were using 1/2 the dose, what will their heart look like in 16 years? 20 years? These men were 30 years old and hearts weaker than a healthy 90 year old man's. There is a good chance my father may out live me and he is 72 years old. Much healthier than I am.

Here is a link to the study.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I am not going to paraphrase and spoon feed the info in this study here. I am going to summarize some of the things I found interesting in this study. You then need to read through this study carefully, and pay close attention. Hopefully the terminology wont throw you off.

Here are some things I found rather interesting. The average age of the 4 guys in this study is 30 yrs old. They all had a normal resting heart rate and normal blood pressure. Anabolic steroids have been proven to increase the chances of getting a blood clot, CLINICALLY PROVEN. They have been proven to cause hypertrophy(thickening) of the heart in all walls, and this reverses considerably once they get off the steroids. The stiffening of the heart and lack of contractility (hypokenetic) do not seem to get better after steroids are stopped. Anabolic steroids bring on fibrotic changes in the heart(scar tissue like) and they think a lot of it is mediated by aldosterone. These fibrotic changes can be fought by taking spironolactone. I myself now take spironolactone because my cardiologist told me to. I now do what my doctor tells me to do. (PLEASE NOBODY GO SELF MEDICATING YOURSELF WITH SPIRONOLACTONE PLEASE!!)

Patient #2 almost died during exercise testing from an arrythmia . He had to be shocked several times to stop tachycardia and to avoid any further ventricular fibrillation. he did start to fibrillate some. I had this very same experience and now have a defibrillator planted in my chest. This patient was fooling around very foolishly with high doses of clen trying to get ready for a contest. I guess he didnt care if he died as long as he got a trophy.

Patient 4 had 3 blood clots when admitted to the hospital, yes 3!! One in his left leg, one in his right ventricle, and one in his left ventricle.

All patients resumed taking steroids eventually. Patient 4 left the study as soon as his blood clots were clear and was never heard from again. Bullheaded, ah those docs dont know nothin.

Just sit and spend some time. Most of you on here want to be educated on steriods, and its good that you see what can happen to the heart. Now I know many of you are going to think that they are taking mega doses and this isnt going to happen to me. It is hard to figure out what table one exactly means. I dont know if those #s are weekly doses or what, but they are on the high end. Looks like several grams of test a week maybe. Cannot really tell for certain how to interpret the table. It is foolish to throw away your conern for heart health in this matter thinking that the only reason they had trouble was the high doses. The effects here are additive,and collect over many years. these young men averaged age 30, and so they really had not been using all that long. Looking at the study, it seems the average years of usage was just 8 years. Even if someone were using 1/2 the dose, what will their heart look like in 16 years? 20 years? These men were 30 years old and hearts weaker than a healthy 90 year old man's. There is a good chance my father may out live me and he is 72 years old. Much healthier than I am.

**broken link removed**

Interesting, I found the chart somewhat confusing. Looked like patient 1 was taking a whole plethora of substances. It would be nice to see exactly what doses they were taking and if they would be able to determine approximately at what point it would be detrimental. Im assuimg that if they prescribe HRT, then at the lower end (e.g 200-300 mgs of Test) would be safe.

patient 4? i counted only 3, might have just missed it. good study though.

patient 3 was the most moderate in usage. the chart was confusing to me but from what i could gather he was on 40mg dbol daily, 125 winstrol weekly, and 1125 mg test weekly for a straight year? of course there will be damage. im not saying to discard the findings of the study bc of the high doses but that does have to be taken into consideration. thats a lot of gear to be on for a year straight and the other patients were using even more. that is if i read the chart correctly. maybe someone else could decipher the info more accurately.

**broken link removed**
nice find.
i skimmed through it.. i wish i knew if the doses were per month or week. either way its a shitload+ orals year round crazy stuff.

Last edited:
patient 4? i counted only 3, might have just missed it. good study though.

patient 3 was the most moderate in usage. the chart was confusing to me but from what i could gather he was on 40mg dbol daily, 125 winstrol weekly, and 1125 mg test weekly for a straight year? of course there will be damage. im not saying to discard the findings of the study bc of the high doses but that does have to be taken into consideration. thats a lot of gear to be on for a year straight and the other patients were using even more. that is if i read the chart correctly. maybe someone else could decipher the info more accurately.

the 4th is the one that had all of the blood clots. He left the study after his clots were cleared out, and presumably went right back to taking more AAS. Hopefully he at least modified how he was using them.

great study...and very interesting

I'm not saying the study is wrong. The problem I have is number one we don't know what kind of shape these guys were in before they participated in the study, or before they took steroids and second a study that only studies 4 people thats hardley a study in my opinion, and to play devils advocate I'll bet these guys ate meat, carrots took protein shakes do U get my point?

Good find Maldorf. Guys I just had a friend who was only 32 who just had a blood clot and had to have a valve replaced with a pigs' valve. He honestly probably didn't push it as hard as many of us on this board do either. Guys please start to pay attention to you hearts!

I'm not saying the study is wrong. The problem I have is number one we don't know what kind of shape these guys were in before they participated in the study, or before they took steroids and second a study that only studies 4 people thats hardley a study in my opinion, and to play devils advocate I'll bet these guys ate meat, carrots took protein shakes do U get my point?

There are a few things you need to keep in mind about this study. One is the fact that the average age of the patients was just 30 yrs old. The second thing, if you read the study carefully you will see that 2 of the patients were best friends. How often do you find two 30 yr old men that are best friends and they both have similar cardiac issues at this age? What are the chances? To me its like if you heard on the news that a man was bitten by a tiger at his home in Ohio. YOud be asking, "how the hell did a man get bitten by a tiger in an Ohio suburb? this stuff doesnt happen everyday.

ONe of the most important things is that the pathology of these guys hearts is not normal, forming all that fibrosis in their heart tissues is not a normal process. The stiffness and rigidity, non contractility, is not a normal process either. Something caused their hearts to do this, and when the men stopped taking steroids some of the side effects went away. The hypertophy of their hearts went way down. I had this very same experience about 6 years ago myself and so did Pekkerwood. You go off, and your heart gains back much of its function.

i think we can safely assume those are weekly dosages, as there are some parts that say /day like the metyltest dose of 1day next to it....so im not surprised that all of them had issues...then take into consideration that the preface says this was going on for MANY years... i should hope no one on this site is taking these dosages!!!!! be safe all

i like patient 3, 4plus grams of t and 1200mg db weekly!!!!lol

i think we can safely assume those are weekly dosages, as there are some parts that say /day like the metyltest dose of 1day next to it....so im not surprised that all of them had issues...then take into consideration that the preface says this was going on for MANY years... i should hope no one on this site is taking these dosages!!!!! be safe all

i like patient 3, 4plus grams of t and 1200mg db weekly!!!!lol

that cant be right....who would take 170 mg of dbol a day? i think the doses were monthly. scientists arent going to think in BB cycle terms (weekly), they documented the duration of use in months so i assume they would do the same for doses. now if they said the duration of use was 52 weeks then i would think the dosages were also documented in weeks.

Last edited:
good read...Maldorf, I know we have discussed the thickening of the walls with left ventricular hypertrophy...not sure what the case was with me on pulse, but it is back avg around 65-75...and BP is down now as well....I wonder what can be done to treat and/or test for the following:
"
The stiffening of the heart and lack of contractility (hypokenetic) do not seem to get better after steroids are stopped. Anabolic steroids bring on fibrotic changes in the heart(scar tissue like) and they think a lot of it is mediated by aldosterone."

That along with blood clots, which I assume is directly related to high LDL and low HDL/high triglycerides...?

Last edited:
Maldorf, thanks for always posting this enlightening info on the risks as well as your own personal experiences. But the more I think about it, I think this is true. 'Most' people that take steroids arent exactly worried about their health. Not until something serious happens. Then they deal with it and may or may not come off. If they live I guess. Could probably go into the psychology of why some might take them to begin with (not excluding myself even). Everyones pretty aware of the risks imo. But just dont care

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your posts Maldorf!

I really look at things differently in terms of my use of steroids and I am sure that I am just one of many that has had a wake up call due to your posts and efforts.

I wouldn't dismiss the effect of AAs on the heart, but there a lot of things to consider, it seems to me that these guys were somewhat reckless in their use, probably never monitored their health closely until they started having problems, because I know a few guys, including a 74 year old friend of mine that have been using gear for decades and no problems whatsoever, just like I'm sure there are people prone to this kind of thing and others that are not. Blessings bros.

that cant be right....who would take 170 mg of dbol a day? i think the doses were monthly. scientists arent going to think in BB cycle terms (weekly), they documented the duration of use in months so i assume they would do the same for doses. now if they said the duration of use was 52 weeks then i would think the dosages were also documented in weeks.

even if it is weekly they still did over a g of test a week and 60mg/day of dbol year round.

That along with blood clots, which I assume is directly related to high LDL and low HDL/high triglycerides...?

No, the clotting is related to how anabolic steroids affect the clotting cascade I believe. This is a series of chemical reactions that lead to clotting of blood via fibrin.

I wouldn't dismiss the effect of AAs on the heart, but there a lot of things to consider, it seems to me that these guys were somewhat reckless in their use, probably never monitored their health closely until they started having problems, because I know a few guys, including a 74 year old friend of mine that have been using gear for decades and no problems whatsoever, just like I'm sure there are people prone to this kind of thing and others that are not. Blessings bros.

I think its like most things in life. Your health outcome will depend on a lot of factors. How your body deals with these hormones(genetics) is one, your lifestyle and diet, and the way that you use the drugs.

Some people can smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day and never get cancer or develop any health problems, and others might smoke 3 packs a week and get cancer. A good friend of mine smokes 3 packs a day, has been now for 22 years, and has not a single issue. His father has been doing the same for nearly 50 years and is fine too, toss in the grand father while youre at it.

Of course the higher dose of AAS you take, the more your risk. THe big problem is that some people can develop big health issues while taking just moderate doses. I think one of the biggest problems is cruising on test all year long. Once I cruised for a year is when my big problems started and I had the clot. I was crusing on between 500 -250 mg/wk inbetween cycles that were about 8-10 weeks long. My cycles only used 750 mg test/wk with 250mg deca/wk. So thats just 1g/wk total. Thats it.

In the past before I met Phil though, I had done cycles of about 2 to 2.5 grams/wk total. Id do about 8 weeks and get off though.

I don't agree that people truly know or understand the risks involved. Many do but many also do not. Many of the things you guys talk about on PM were news to me...the blood thickening, hardening of the hearts walls and lack of contractility. I've been cycling on and off since 1987 and have been around the boards in one way or another since 03. Sometimes I would go 2-3 years between cycles due to availability. Before these boards popped up my only way to get AAS was through local gym sources that sometimes had bunk and sometimes had decent stuff at crazy prices that I refused to pay.

Although I do not plan to give up AAS at this time for good I am 100% going to think long and hard about which substances I use and at what doages and for how long. I will also be much more prudent on getting blood work done much more often instead of the once every year or few years that I have been doing.

Lots of guys in denial or of the frame of mind that "it sucks what happened to him but it won't happen to me"

Plz keep posting the good along with the bad for all of us to benefit from.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws