over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Olive Oil and coconut oil increase testosterone

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The more fat you eat, the more testosterone your body produces. More fat, more testosterone. The best source of testosterone boosting fat, Argentinean researchers concluded a year ago after a study on rats, is olive oil. The same researchers have now published the results of another animal study in Lipids,
which shows how olive oil increases the production of testosterone. Olive oil helps the testes to absorb more cholesterol.

The researchers, working at the Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquimicas de La Plata, did an experiment with male rats. For sixty days, the rats were given feed to which seventy grams of soya oil , olive oil [O], coconut oil [C] or grapeseed oil [G] per kilogram had been added. At the end of the period the researchers measured how much testosterone the animals were producing. The figure below shows that coconut oil and olive oil were the best testosterone boosters.

More info on this subject - Olive oil converts cholesterol more easily into testosterone

I wonder if MountainDog will comment about the Olive Oil and Coconut Oil really does increase testosterone?

BC, do you have anymore reading material on the coconut oil? Was looking to pick some up today and start a regimen on it.

Well

The more fat you eat, the more testosterone your body produces. More fat, more testosterone. The best source of testosterone boosting fat, Argentinean researchers concluded a year ago after a study on rats, is olive oil. The same researchers have now published the results of another animal study in Lipids,
which shows how olive oil increases the production of testosterone. Olive oil helps the testes to absorb more cholesterol.

The researchers, working at the Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquimicas de La Plata, did an experiment with male rats. For sixty days, the rats were given feed to which seventy grams of soya oil , olive oil [O], coconut oil [C] or grapeseed oil [G] per kilogram had been added. At the end of the period the researchers measured how much testosterone the animals were producing. The figure below shows that coconut oil and olive oil were the best testosterone boosters.

More info on this subject - Olive oil converts cholesterol more easily into testosterone

I wonder if MountainDog will comment about the Olive Oil and Coconut Oil really does increase testosterone?

For the last few years I tell my guys only olive or coconut oil.......I try to stay ahead ,if no one noticed, haahhaha

Red Palm Oil and Avocado oil as well, are great additions to one's plan.

JM

BC, do you have anymore reading material on the coconut oil? Was looking to pick some up today and start a regimen on it.

Sure thing bro, I have day off tmw and will look for more and let you know.

For the last few years I tell my guys only olive or coconut oil.......I try to stay ahead ,if no one noticed, haahhaha

haha!

JM

Awesome John. I will look for those in the shop.

Olive oil is a natural juice which preserves the taste, aroma, vitamins and properties of the olive fruit. Olive oil is the only vegetable oil that can be consumed as it is - freshly pressed from the fruit.
one that has a small degree of unsaturation or double bonds and tends to be more solid at room temperatures lower than 76 degrees F. Example: butter, coconut oil.
HGH

Last edited:

JM

Picked up some extra virgen coconut oil yesterday. Not too bad. Gonna give the Red Palm Oil a shot when I'm done.

Something I have subconsciously known for years. :cool:

Coconut oil is damn good, too, I have been cooking with it for a good 6-7 years now, before everyone jumped on the "it is saturated, but it is a good saturated fat" train.

Try frying up some chicken strips or fish in it, gives it lots of flavor.

olive oil = uncooked stuff
coconut oil = cooked stuff

the heat destroys olive oil. Heat does not destroy coco oil.

I started increasing my calories a couple weeks ago and started taking 2 tablespoons coconut oil with breakfast and two tablespoons coconut oil with last meal of day. Tastes great and packs in like 400 extra calories...very easily consumable!

oils

The coconut oil is awesome i love the taste and I canI noticed a big difference.

SB

I started frying my eggs and cooking my broc. in coconut oil.. its amazing

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I imagine coconut oil could be used as a suitable replacement to other fats in a pro/fat meal, despite the fact it's an MCT and not a viable energy source? Or should it be used in addition to fats like almond butter and olive oil in the same meal? I'm trying to wrap my head around this as I want to start incorporating it into my daily routine.

I love the taste of organic cold-press coconut oil too! Man that stuff is tasty!

I've only been consuming organic extra virgin olive oil but now I definitely need to get some coconut oil. Very nice tip. Thanks!

Ok, so this afternoon I picked up some Spectrum expeller pressed naturally refined organic coconut oil. It's much thicker than I expected, and expensive! Also surprised that it basically had no taste. Has anyone tried this brand? What brands to you all enjoy most?

Also, here is some cool info I dug up on coconut oil and weight loss:

Much of the chemical properties of fats are determined by their molecular size. Individual fat molecules are called fatty acids. Small fat molecules (or fatty acids) have a different effect on us than larger ones. The smaller molecules are referred to as medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA). The larger as long-chain fatty acids. Researchers have discovered a multitude of health benefits associated with the medium-chain saturated fatty acids. Unfortunately these fatty acids are relatively rare in the foods we eat. The richest source of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA) is found in coconut oil. For this reason, coconut oil has been emerging as the premier dietary oil.

One of the remarkable things about coconut oil is that it can help you lose weight. Yes, there is a dietary fat that can actually help you take off unwanted pounds. That fat is coconut oil. Coconut oil can quite literally be called the world's only low-fat fat.

Unlike other fats, MCFA in coconut oil are converted to energy rather than packed on the body as fat tissues. So when you eat coconut oil it provides energy, much like a carbohydrate, and does not contribute to body fat.

Coconut oil also has fewer calories than any other fat. Because of the small size of MCFA, coconut oil supplies slightly fewer calories than other fats. Coconut Oil is truly a low-fat fat.

The most remarkable effect coconut oil has in regards to weight loss is that it stimulates the metabolism. The faster the metabolism the more calories are burned and the less calories available to be converted into body fat. By eating coconut oil you rev up your metabolism and thus burn more calories. You can eat more and weigh less.

I just ordered 2 gallons from Nature's Approved and got a killer deal. They're currently selling it for only $74 + shipping now through end of August. On top of that, I entered coupon code NEW and got an extra 10% off for being a new customer.

I researched a ton of different brands out there, but this one seemed to have everything I was looking for:

The oil is cold, expeller pressed on a remote island in Fiji, in the South Pacific where the water and air are pure and unpolluted.

Our process: all steps---from growing to production--are organic and ‘double green’- both growing and processing’.

This pure coconut oil is not refined, bleached or deodorized (RBD).

It is also not hydrogenized nor altered by fermentation, which allows it to retain beneficial properties from the oil and plant sterols.

The resulting oil has medium chain fatty acids and 50% lauric acid recognized as highly beneficial to health.

This process ensures a lengthy shelf life of 1 year or more (at room temperature).

Confirming that this product was 50% lauric acid (~6-6.5grams per serving) was pretty key too!

It's also cool that it's a completely green process from start to finish with harvest/pressing the oil.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear