over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hair Loss Prevention

What do you guys prefer to use to prevent hairloss during cycle?

• Finasteride

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Dutasteride

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
I've used propecia over the years on and off. I go through phases where i'll use it daily and then take a break ( just laziness to get a new perscription or don't feel like spending the money on it ).

Funny thing is it makes me wonder if I TRULY need the stuff, since when i am off i keep the same set of hair.

The sexual sides can be an issue, where i would have weeks where sex was the last thing on my mind and libido down big time, and other times where it was fine. Most people i know on it suffer from sexual sides.

topical spironolactone,2% nizoral shampoo and 5%minoxidil over those two.

They both have side effects I don't care for and are not as effective as the three topicals i listed when combined.

i had a doc tell me that hair lost 6 months or less ago could be brought back with using nizoral 2% consistantly.. i have not found any data so far to back that up but, he was pretty adament..

i had a doc tell me that hair lost 6 months or less ago could be brought back with using nizoral 2% consistantly.. i have not found any data so far to back that up but, he was pretty adament..

1: Dermatology. 1998;196(4):474-7.Click here to read Links
Ketoconazole shampoo: effect of long-term use in androgenic alopecia.
Piérard-Franchimont C, De Doncker P, Cauwenbergh G, Piérard GE.

Department of Dermatopathology, University of Liège, Belgium.

BACKGROUND: The pathogenesis of androgenic alopecia is not fully understood. A microbial-driven inflammatory reaction abutting on the hair follicles might participate in the hair status anomaly. OBJECTIVE: The aim of our study was to determine if ketoconazole (KCZ) which is active against the scalp microflora and shows some intrinsic anti-inflammatory activity might improve alopecia. METHOD: The effect of 2% KCZ shampoo was compared to that of an unmedicated shampoo used in combination with or without 2% minoxidil therapy. RESULTS: Hair density and size and proportion of anagen follicles were improved almost similarly by both KCZ and minoxidil regimens. The sebum casual level appeared to be decreased by KCZ. CONCLUSION: Comparative data suggest that there may be a significant action of KCZ upon the course of androgenic alopecia and that Malassezia spp. may play a role in the inflammatory reaction. The clinical significance of the results awaits further controlled study in a larger group of subjects.

1: Int J Tissue React. 1988;10(2):115-9.Links
Topical spironolactone inhibits dihydrotestosterone receptors in human sebaceous glands: an autoradiographic study in subjects with acne vulgaris.
Berardesca E, Gabba P, Ucci G, Borroni G, Rabbiosi G.
Department of Dermatology, University of Pavia, Italy.
The interaction between spironolactone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) receptors was evaluated with an autoradiographic technique. The inhibition of DHT receptors by spironolactone was found to be related to the decrease of tritiated DHT granules in the sebaceous glands of the treated site. 6 male patients affected by acne vulgaris entered the study. The acute study was performed by applying to 25 cm2 of the back a cream containing 5% spironolactone under occlusive dressing. The dosage of spironolactone applied was 4 mg/cm2 for 48 h. The long-term study was performed by applying the same amount to the entire back, without occlusion, twice daily for 1 month. Skin biopsies were taken at the end of the treatment, incubated with tritiated DHT and processed for autoradiography. Both the acute and the long-term study revealed a decrease of the autoradiographic granules in the treated site. This effect is related to the binding of spironolactone with dihydrotestosterone receptors in the sebaceous glands. Our study demonstrates that 5% topical spironolactone cream acts as an antiandrogen in human sebaceous glands, competing with DHT receptors and producing a decrease of labelled DHT. At the concentrations used the effect has been only local. No side-effects were recorded during both studies.

Rey, F. O., C. Valterio, et al. (1988). "Lack of endocrine systemic side effects after topical application of spironolactone in man." Journal of Endocrinological Investigation 11(4): 273-8.

Abstract: "In six healthy male volunteers, the percutaneous absorption of spironolactone was compared with placebo in a double-blind crossover study. The subjects were randomly given either a cream containing 5% spironolactone or placebo to be applied in a randomized sequential way to a well defined skin area equivalent to 55% of body area. [my emphasis] During the 72 h following the application of the ointment, blood levels of canrenone, the major metabolite of spironolactone, have been determined. In order to estimate the systemic antiandrogenic effect of spironolactone, plasma levels of 17-alpha-Hydroxy progesterone (17 alpha-OH-P), Testosterone (pT) and non-conjugated 3 alpha-Androstanediol (3 alpha-diol, metabolite of the active androgen 5 alpha-Dihydrotestosterone or DHT) as well as salivary Testosterone (sT) which relate to the free and active plasma testosterone fraction have also been measured. Urinary levels of canrenone have been determined 48 hours after cream application. No changes in any levels of these hormones have been detected and plasma canrenone levels were undetectable during the 72 hours of topical treatment. Topically administered, spironolactone appears to have only a local skin impregnation."

In summary, subjects essentially bathed in either a 5% spironolactone cream or placebo (vehicle only) in a controlled manner, and there was no evidence of percutaneous (systemic) absorption.

Countries in which topical spironolactone is commercially available as an "official" treatment for acne in both males and females have also consistently reported its absence of systemic effects. E.g.,

Messina, M., C. Manieri, et al. (1990). "Oral and topical spironolactone therapies in skin androgenization." Panminerva Medica 32(2): 49-55.

Abstract: "The most important clinical studies using spironolactone as an antiandrogen drug either per os or topically are referred. Menstrual disturbances very often occur during SP treatments thus limiting its systemic use. As far as the topical use is concerned SP seems to be highly effective with absence of systemic effects. Local mild side effects were present in a small number of patients."

Yamamoto, A. and M. Ito (1996). "Topical spironolactone reduces sebum secretion rates in young adults." Journal of Dermatology 23(4): 243-246.

Abstract: "The effects of topically applied spironolactone on the sebum secretion rates (SSR) of young adults were investigated. SSR was expressed as the ratio of wax esters/(cholesterol + cholesterol esters) (WE/(C + CE)) and the amount of sebaceous lipids (squalene, triacylglycerol and wax esters). Topical spironolactone 5% gel applied to the right cheeks of the subjects produced a significant reduction in the SSR at 12 weeks (4 weeks after termination of application), but not at 8 weeks (the end of treatment). Untreated "control" areas (the left cheeks of the subjects) showed no significant change during the study. None of the subjects experienced skin rash or signs of local irritation. This results suggests that topical spironolactone may be effective in the treatment of acne patients with high SSR."

Zinc

It did the trick for me

Research Psychologist, Department of Clinical Psychology, Gaskell House, Swinton Grove, Manchester, M13, UK.

BACKGROUND: Nutritional complications following surgery for morbid obesity include both vitamin and mineral deficiency. Severe cases of zinc deficiency can lead to alopecia, diarrhea, emotional disorders, weight loss, intercurrent infection, bullous-pustular dermatitis and hypogonadism in males. Hair loss may occur after vertical gastroplasty (VG). METHODS: Diffuse hair loss occurred in 47 out of 130 patients who underwent VG. All patients had been routinely advised to take a multivitamin supplement, but 47 developed hair loss despite taking the supplement. These patients were then prescribed Zinc Sulphate 200 mg three times a day. There was no alteration in the vitamin supplementation. RESULTS: Arrest of hair loss and regrowth occurred in all patients. However, five patients reported recurrence of hair loss after stopping zinc. This loss was reversed within 6 months of recommencing zinc 600 mg daily. Ten control patients had no hair loss after gastrointestinal surgery. CONCLUSION: Significant hair loss occurred in about one-third of patients after VG, and was reversed by zinc supplementation.

PMID: 10731253 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher

i have only used finasteride. it definitely gets the job done. dutasteride is stronger so im guessing it will be more effective for hairloss??

nizoral works a bit but minoxidil never did anything for me.

I've had great results with 1mg of finasteride every other day. After about 4 months, I noticed my hair getting thicker where it was once receeding.

I have a full, thick head of hair. I just want to keep it that way.

Also, on my dose, no noticible sides whatsoever.

Hahaha your poll is missing a lot of options...Spiranalactone, Nizoral, Minoxidil etc. Plus these options should all be exercised before going the Rx route.

Unsurpassed online meeting you have ever played!

Backgammon is at one of the oldest surface games looking for two players in which the playing pieces are moved according to the roll of dice. Players collect by removing all of their pieces from the board. There are myriad variants of backgammon, most of which apportion ordinary traits. Backgammon is a member of the tables derivation, one of the oldest classes of gaming-table games in the world.

Although serendipity plays an substantial task, there is a burly scope after strategy. With each echo of the dice players must choose from numerous options pro emotional their checkers and forestall feasible counter-moves around the opponent. Players may increase the stakes during the game. There is an established repertoire of general tactics and occurrences.

Confirm more to save backgammon : **broken link removed**

Like chess, backgammon has been planned with serious interest nearby computer scientists. Owing to this explore, backgammon software has been developed capable of beating world-class woman players.

Backgammon playing pieces are known variously as checkers, stones, men, counters, pawns, or chips.

<a href=htp://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk>backgammon bonus</a> and <a href=http://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk/artykul/2>backgammon rules</A> and <a href=http://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk/szukaj/solo-backgammon-free-download>backgammon free</a> and <a href=http://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk/artykul/17>backgammon game</a> and <a href=http://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk/szukaj/play-backgammon-net>play backgammon</a> and <a href=http://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk/szukaj/backgammon-online-real-money>backgammon online</a>

The unbigoted is to execute (harbour touched in the head) all of a woman's own checkers from the feed prior to whole's foe can do the same. The checkers are scattered at in front and may be blocked or batter by means of the opponent. As the playing term looking for each individual position is precluding, it is regularly played in matches, where victory is awarded to the earliest player to reach a infallible covey of points.

**broken link removed** and backgammon rules and backgammon free and backgammon game and and [url=http://www.back-gammon4u.co.uk/szukaj/backgammon-online-real-money]backgammon online

haha is this John's monthly hair loss thread? ;)

Nizoral 2% works wonders for me. EOD......Also dries up my acne :D

Nizoral 2% works wonders for me. EOD......Also dries up my acne :D

yup...can use for acne also.:)

Anyways I would also look for a minoxidil solution with a Corticosteroid since hair loss can be inflammatory/ immune response.

Last edited:
Nizoral 2%

My first injectable was primo and started shedding like a dog. I did almost everything including finasteride, minoxidil but Nizoral 2% that I ordered from Canada did wonders. My hair even got thicker. Now I am on 900mg of test and 400 primo and dont have any itching on my scalp. Nothing even when I did 2g's of anabolics. I've been using Nizoral 2% for 2 years now.

My latest concoction is Apple Cider Vinegar with spironolactone suspended in.

not sure if its placebo or not but could swear my hairs a bit thicker. Well definitely not shed anything and am on test prop, tren ace and winny. I suffered on test prop and masteron

im gonna have to try some of the ideas being thrown around on here.

I'm relatively young (23 yrs old) and have no MPB in my family, nothing on my mom or dads side, yet still have androgenic alopecia. i have been using Nizoral for about 6 months, it works ok for me. I also recently bought some Dutasteride from RUI which is working alright. Definitely notice less shedding in the shower but its expensive (around $65 for like a months worth and im not even using it on cycle right now).

I've just come to the realization that im going to have to shave my head soon if i want to keep running cycles and continue bodybuilding. (i look like an ex-con with my head shaved though, have a nasty 11 inch long scar that is like an X across the top of my head from a bad car accident). :eek:

get the consultation from dr lee and get his re growth shampoo works great i notice less shedding.

SB

shave it or wear a bandanna fancy boy

Finasteride blocks only Type II 5 alpha reductase which is mostly in the prostate.

Durasturide blocks Type I and II. Type I is on the head.

Durasteride works better.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity