over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

YOU got no legs dude

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I just have to mention this. I have about four guys in my gym that really have well developed upper bodies. You guys know who I'm talking about. Most gyms are filled with folks that are going to look the same way they walked in the door year after year. Then you have these "gym rats" that kick it up a few notches and build muscle hammering gear, most are mermabulkers.
Then you have a small group of guys that really look good from the waste up. They literally do ZERO work on there legs...…..none...…...zippo. What do you think they see looking in a mirror? Some of these guys are in there five nights a week. What are they thinking? They always give me a big wave as they walk by as if they're "getting the job do" just like me I guess? I smile back but just can't get by the huge flaw in they're shape that they created. Being in NJ it brings truth to the Jersey boy joke about them never having legs.

OK, I'm done with my rant...…..

What about the ones that do work their legs and still have no legs? I can think of 3 pros that work their legs hard and still have no legs! Reason why they don't place good...

Leg training sucks. It's super painful if done hard, taxes your system and burns your lungs to a crisp.

Most guys sit on a bell curve, they don't build muscle easily. Building half your lower body thus requires both more work/intensity and less ROI in terms of attention from others...

No wonder most guys don't do it or half ass it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You guys are forgetting the most obvious reason: it makes your upper body look even bigger than it is. Bodybuilding is all about illusion. Can't blame those guys for not training legs. (even though I think it looks silly to have chicken legs under a buff upper body)

I like training legs... id like it a whole hell of a lot more if my knees didn't kill me on free squats and I was more flexible

my half-a-calves are holding me back tho lmao :eek:

I like training legs... id like it a whole hell of a lot more if my knees didn't kill me on free squats and I was more flexible

How tall are you? Because over a certain height, I don't care what anyone says ('you can always learn how to squat correctly' etc...), squats are just not ideal leg builders. If you're short and stocky, by all means squat away and let it be the best leg exercise there is. If you're taller, go leg press imo.

The (heavy) vertical loading when squatting and deadlifting is also not ideal for long term spine health.

Not the most hardcore opinion but in BB'ing, hardcore is often synonymous with stupid.

How tall are you? Because over a certain height, I don't care what anyone says ('you can always learn how to squat correctly' etc...), squats are just not ideal leg builders. If you're short and stocky, by all means squat away and let it be the best leg exercise there is. If you're taller, go leg press imo.

The (heavy) vertical loading when squatting and deadlifting is also not ideal for long term spine health.

Not the most hardcore opinion but in BB'ing, hardcore is often synonymous with stupid.

5'9.5

and very chubby :eek:

6’1 I hit my legs hard, squats, lunges, leg press and all the bs ones too, also dead’s on back day.

Still don’t have any legs...

Unless you compete, most people aren't gonna see your legs so why work them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6’1 I hit my legs hard, squats, lunges, leg press and all the bs ones too, also dead’s on back day.

Still don’t have any legs...

6ft 2 and I abuse them and it does frustrate me the lack of progress compared to the effort. They are getting better though and are fairly big but because they are so long it makes them look smaller than they are. In some pics they don't even look like I train them :eek::D I recently went through a period of calming down my training thinking I may get better results as I trained them too hard. I honestly has never come across anyone who trains them harder. Well Tom Platz did and went crazy and his vids used to give me motivation to want pain/burn when training. I used to push myself until I couldn't stand and would be shaking on the floor. I haven't done that as much in recent months but still train them very hard.

I enjoy training legs in isolation but the big movements do take it out of me so I would be lieing if I stated I enjoy or look forward to them. I can't free bar squat due to my lower back which is messed up. I have hack squatted 10 plates a side for about 10 reps though but it's not like it made ym legs blow up :eek: Now I don't bother going too heavy as all it done was fuck up my knees over time. On leg press I max out with about 7 plates a side but just make the reps as hard as possible and do lot's of them. Things are definitely improving but my legs will never look amazing. I know 100% if I was 5ft 6 I would big and thick legs.

Although I get this thread and I always see these guys. They don't bother me because everyone can do what they want. Plus it just means when I train legs I have the equipment to myself. I train legs twice per week or if I split up my training (quads and hams on separate days) then it could be 4 times per week.

I see some people who have never trained legs in years in the gym. Some aren't even bothered and wear shorts with tiny legs and trained upper bodies. I would be embarassed walking around like that. When I train at night I see thsi one guy who has trained back it must be 100 times now. I have never seen him train anything else apart from a few arm movements. Again though he can do what he wants and who am I to say otherwise I just find it weird to train like that.

Last edited:

When I saw a pic of your calves even I felt good about myself :eek::D

I smile every time I see guys hitting legs ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, anyone who wants to bodybuild competitively is going to have to be proportionate (according to day's standards), so it would make zero sense for an aspiring bodybuilder to half-ass (or skip) leg training.

On the other hand, most of the guys we see in gyms aren't competitive bodybuilders, nor do they have the desire to be. Today, the goals people set through weight training are more diverse than ever...and many have zero ambition to build a physique according to modern bodybuilding standards/proportions.

Personally, I prefer the proportions of the 70's and 80's over those of today...by a long shot, yet those proportions (which were considered the competitive ideal at that point in time) would attract harsh criticism in today's line-up.

Today, there are a lot of non-competitive "bodybuilders" (i.e. people who use weights to build muscle in ways that appeal to them/ are in line with their personal goals, and I don't think this is something we should criticize. Yes, I personally think it looks odd to see someone with extreme upper-body development and zero leg development (that doesn't happen to often), but keep in mind that what might be considered ""ideal" proportions will vary according to the individual.

For example, Big Ramy had proportions which were good enough to earn him 3rd place in the toughest bodybuilding show on the planet, yet the average person will look at his upper-legs (relative to his calves and even in comparison to his upper-body) and think his proportions are horribly distorted. Even according to bodybuilding standards in the 70's and 80's, his lower body would be considered horribly unbalanced, yet he placed 3rd in the world in 2017.

Today, Arnold and Haney would be considered disproportionate (their legs in particular), yet in their day they were considered the best proportioned (or among the best proportioned) competitors in all of bodybuilding.

Competitive bodybuilding aside, many guys have completely different goals altogether, so we can't really penalize them if they don't care about building big legs...or if their legs are under-developed according to bodybuilding standards. Today my primary ambition is armwrestling, which requires me to train many upper-body muscle hard, but not legs...and I am OK with that. To each their own.

I smile every time I see guys hitting legs ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don't train them at all? Don't you compete? Even if it's in physique I would think you would be hammering your calves. I know they judge on the upper body but someone with well developed calves definitely stands out on stage even in long shorts. Or are you lucky in the sense you have good calves anyway?

I see guys in the gym like this ALL the time! One guy I can think of has an exceptional upper body and legs that look untrained. I absolutely LOVE training day so it's never been an issue with me, other than my legs getting too big to match my upper torso.

So you don't train them at all? Don't you compete? Even if it's in physique I would think you would be hammering your calves. I know they judge on the upper body but someone with well developed calves definitely stands out on stage even in long shorts. Or are you lucky in the sense you have good calves anyway?

he's FM lmao his pic is at the top of the page

he's FM lmao his pic is at the top of the page

I know he is. He just posted he laughs when he see's people train legs. I know he competes. I recall reading about his contest prep recently. That's why I asked if he trains legs. I know he trains upper body... he looks great. I was asking about legs and not in general. Lot's of physique guys don't train their legs much.

EDIT- Ok haha :eek::D I couldn't see the pic on my phone but just checked it on my computer. Ok so he meant he laughs because they basically train like pussies. My bad. Legs look good.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc