over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Battling back from Cancer

Getnbiggger

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Hello to my PM family. It's been a while since I have posted or even checked the boards. I think I last posted that in October is was diagnosed with a Pulmonary Embolism. After 5 weeks I had scans which showed that the "embolism" wasn't going away and was actually increasing in size. I was was told I needed emergency open heart surgery to remove the "embolism" .I immediately flew down to San Diego and three days later I was having open heart surgery to remove the "Embolism" and while they were in there they they discovered my coronary artery was 70 % blocked so they did a bypass as well. Sadly the embolism turned out to be a sarcoma of the pulmonary Artery. This is a super rare and very deadly cancer. I was advised that I might have 12 months to live. I immediately began searching out the best expects in the field who have dealt with this type of sarcoma. Sadly there are very few since therehave only been around 300 reported cases of this. Thankfully I found a great oncologist at MD Anderson who advised me that I needed to start chemo asap. And so in May I started the chemo which was calledAIM and required 5days 24/7 in hospital infusions. I had 2rounds of this chemo and it was brutal. Doing competitions and the prep is nothing compared to having to do this chemo. Thankfully my pet scan after these 2rounds of chemo showed that the cancer not only had not spread but was resolved. There was an area on my pulmonary artery that they still have some concern about which they saw on the CT angiogram but they are not certain if it is scar tissue or inflammation or still some tumor so I am doing two more rounds of chemo . Thankfully they elminated one of the chemo drugs and the chemo now is just a 1hour outpatient infusion. I did the first of these two rounds last Friday and will do the last on July 26. Hopefully these two rounds will fully resolve the area of concern. Through this journey I have lost 40lbs but while I do not want and will not get back to the size I was, I will put back on some muscle and have that beach body that I will be happy to live with. I am so thankful to be alive and can and will live with my new body reality.

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, but so glad to hear things are looking up and by July 26th, you should be 100% healthy.

I bet this was very scary and draining, but in the end, you are going to be all recovered. The beach body sounds good, and it's ok if you will never be the same size again. Life has a lot more to offer than just muscles. You can set up new physique goals, stay healthy and enjoy other things as well.

Glad you are at the end of this nightmare. Stay strong.

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, but so glad to hear things are looking up and by July 26th, you should be 100% healthy.

I bet this was very scary and draining, but in the end, you are going to be all recovered. The beach body sounds good, and it's ok if you will never be the same size again. Life has a lot more to offer than just muscles. You can set up new physique goals, stay healthy and enjoy other things as well.

Glad you are at the end of this nightmare. Stay strong.

Thanks for the kind words and positivity. You are so right. It was and still is the most frightening thing and changes ones reality in a big way. I am looking forward to setting new goals naturally and smashing them!

Wow, I'm blown away. Hopefully it's just some scar tissue or inflammation in the scan and you have a good life ahead of you! I'm sure they'll be watching you closely for at least 5 years and with something as rare and aggressive as that, most likely the rest of your life.

Hang in there man! Enjoy the people around you, the sun on your face and the fact that you're still above ground!!

You have a very tough as nails attitude going through something so serious.

Hope everything turns out good with the next round of imaging!

Thanks for sharing; it’s easy to forget that an anonymous avatar on a forum is a person that might be going through some tough times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there brother, and many prayers your way. Everything sounds promising in the right direction at tis time, keep us updated on all this.

Just for clarification...the coronary artery that was 70% clogged, was it from plaque?

so good to hear from you friend! please keep us updated! you will still be bigger and in better shape than most. good to hear from you!!

Wow, what a terrible surprise. Im glad that they found the blocked coronary artery too. Sounds like you are out of trouble now. Glad you are ok and your spirits sound damn high after going through what you have.

It is really scary facing death like that. I hope you don't need any more surgeries. So they shrank down that tumor on your pulmonary artery and don't need do do anything about it now? Im wondering if they would ever go in and try to remove it and patch up that area of the artery, doing that though sounds dangerous.

Which coronary artery was it that was blocked up?

Man I'm sorry to hear this brother. But you still hanging in there man. Keep up the good spirit. I know it's hard at times. But enjoy the beauty of nature the sun, beach, trees, even the smallest critters. And thank God every single day. Remember a bad day above ground is always better than a day below ground.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hello to my PM family. It's been a while since I have posted or even checked the boards. I think I last posted that in October is was diagnosed with a Pulmonary Embolism. After 5 weeks I had scans which showed that the "embolism" wasn't going away and was actually increasing in size. I was was told I needed emergency open heart surgery to remove the "embolism" .I immediately flew down to San Diego and three days later I was having open heart surgery to remove the "Embolism" and while they were in there they they discovered my coronary artery was 70 % blocked so they did a bypass as well. Sadly the embolism turned out to be a sarcoma of the pulmonary Artery. This is a super rare and very deadly cancer. I was advised that I might have 12 months to live. I immediately began searching out the best expects in the field who have dealt with this type of sarcoma. Sadly there are very few since therehave only been around 300 reported cases of this. Thankfully I found a great oncologist at MD Anderson who advised me that I needed to start chemo asap. And so in May I started the chemo which was calledAIM and required 5days 24/7 in hospital infusions. I had 2rounds of this chemo and it was brutal. Doing competitions and the prep is nothing compared to having to do this chemo. Thankfully my pet scan after these 2rounds of chemo showed that the cancer not only had not spread but was resolved. There was an area on my pulmonary artery that they still have some concern about which they saw on the CT angiogram but they are not certain if it is scar tissue or inflammation or still some tumor so I am doing two more rounds of chemo . Thankfully they elminated one of the chemo drugs and the chemo now is just a 1hour outpatient infusion. I did the first of these two rounds last Friday and will do the last on July 26. Hopefully these two rounds will fully resolve the area of concern. Through this journey I have lost 40lbs but while I do not want and will not get back to the size I was, I will put back on some muscle and have that beach body that I will be happy to live with. I am so thankful to be alive and can and will live with my new body reality.

^^^incredible ..i applaud your resolve brother n' wish you the best

..stay positive and believe (as a man thinketh..) ..you will the be the amazing unexplained statistic that beat the odds ..godspeed brother!!

wow bro!
im really happy to hear you are ok!
i was wondering where you had been.
scary shit... great you caught things all fast and had the ability to deal with it.

i wish you all the best bro!
stay strong

The fact you only lost 40lbs from chemo is a testament to your development, honestly it should come back no problem

Thoughts and prayers for you, my brother. I am inspired by your positivity, and it seems like you have an amazing sense of clarity and focus. Not sure if that was brought on by this traumatic event or something you've always had, but if so, it shows that all things can be used for good. Please keep us posted on your recovery!

Wow! What a story. You are one tough man. Tougher than me that is for sure.

And I am thankful you are alive too.

Stay positive and be well,
alfresco

“We study health, and we deliberate upon our meats, and drink, and air, and
exercises, and we hew and we polish every stone that goes to that building;
and so our health is a long and a regular work: but in a minute a cannon
batters all, overthrows all, demolishes all; a sickness unprevented for all our
diligence, unsuspected for all our curiosity; nay, undeserved, if we consider
only disorder, summons us, seizes us, possesses us . . .”

Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions, by John Donne

Glad to see you back brother....

good luck to ya bro!!