over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dangerous Gyms

method2madness

Registered
So we've all trained in gyms that might be less than desirable. Often times we do this out of necessity but sometimes problems may arise in the gym that you just can't overlook. I'm not talking about the cleanliness, lord knows a good workout isn't dependent on how clean or dirty a gym is. This has never been a concern of mine. What does concern me is when a gym becomes physically dangerous. Here are some pics from my gym. Share if you have any of your own. By the way, I'm leaving this gym due to the conditions. By the way, some of the exposed wiring is live.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 200
Tightening the weights before every set of dumbells is just part of the routine at my gym... Extra scary since they have dumbells up to 250

Tightening the weights before every set of dumbells is just part of the routine at my gym... Extra scary since they have dumbells up to 250

THat sounds a bit rough for sure. THe shit me and the members deal with is structural and truly beyond our control which is why I've already closed m account at that place and won't be renewing my membership. Good luck with those loos DB's bro!

My god how they still in business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you can get your pre-workout voltage:eek:
-F2S

At least the dangerous problems in that gym are stationary and you can just avoid them. Come workout in my garage in the summer time, killed 3 eastern brown snakes in there over last summer. Got to have a 12g shotgun next to my intra workout drink. At least checking around for the eastern browns, gives a chance to kill any red back spiders hiding on the equipment.

I once lifted at one that was in a neighborhood that was kinda rough. Was always worried id come out and find my car up on blocks. Every once in awhile there would be some shootings near the gym too.

That bare wire wiring job could get ugly in more ways than one. Huge liability.

^^^definitely NOT up to code ..they could be fined n' shut down

i have worked out in some dungeons for sure ..but i kinda liked them ..they tended to weed out all the "spandex"

Last edited:
In Europe, the time of underground gyms is gone. Such gyms can be found only in very small cities.
There is one plus: in modern gyms no one screams like Tarzan during an exercise. From the Tarzan run away all beautiful girls!:D

lol!! brushing those wires will wake you up for sure! lol

leg press machines scare me. lol
i havent been to a "commercial" gym in years, just shitty little neighborhood places. most of the equipment looks like the stuff my high school threw out 25 years ago! lol:eek:

im too scared that the leg press machines will fall apart too put any real weight on them... imagine that leg sled falling on your or one of the rails breaking! lol idk its my weird gym paranoia...

just kinda looks like your place hasnt finished construction.
but if its been that way for years...:confused: lol

what they lack in creature comforts usually they make up for in atmosphere! lol

I'm pretty sure sure the lady that owns it uses it to launder money for her shady husband and his business. It's probably how they've managed to avoid fines and inspections, ya know, with payoffs and such. It's been "under construction" for the last five years and nothing ever seems to get finished, all the while each new thing they do leaves more problems. I might have stayed if it was a real hardcore place but it really isn't, it's just a shithole and I leave at the end of the month.

I once lifted at one that was in a neighborhood that was kinda rough. Was always worried id come out and find my car up on blocks. Every once in awhile there would be some shootings near the gym too.

Time to lift in cargo pants with a sig p365

Most dangerous gyms are the popular ones after New Years when the wannabes join and do super stupid shit. The worst time is between 9pm and midnight when guys work out alone and “max out” I’ve had to run across the gym and help a guy lift the bar off his chest as it’s rolling to his neck

So we've all trained in gyms that might be less than desirable. Often times we do this out of necessity but sometimes problems may arise in the gym that you just can't overlook. I'm not talking about the cleanliness, lord knows a good workout isn't dependent on how clean or dirty a gym is. This has never been a concern of mine. What does concern me is when a gym becomes physically dangerous. Here are some pics from my gym. Share if you have any of your own. By the way, I'm leaving this gym due to the conditions. By the way, some of the exposed wiring is live.
Wow...do they have employees there? Could you report them to OSHA anonymously? The way it looks I wouldn't be surprised if they had lead painted walls and asbestos.
Take care.
MS

Wow...do they have employees there? Could you report them to OSHA anonymously? The way it looks I wouldn't be surprised if they had lead painted walls and asbestos.
Take care.
MS

They have front desk employees and one or two "trainers" but otherwise its just a cleaning crew and a buddy of mine who keeps the weights orgaized and does kickboxing classes there. It really is a shithole.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws