over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin

I saw this yesterday. I know people will brush off the study because of their bias but I find this pretty significant, especially since an earlier study showed essentially the same thing.

And I was previously a huge Metformin advocate. I just don't know if taking it is worth it when someone is already so active. The prevention of LVH was a significant positive study, however. I'm really on the fence about it.

How many people here are either making serious money, as in greater than 25% of their income, off bodybuilding or competing at the level of final call-outs at the pro level? Not many.

Metformin has tons of positive benefits and unless someone seriously stands to gain from incremental amounts of muscle mass then the potential lengthing of life span and other benefits significantly outweigh what probably wouldn’t even add up to be a couple pounds of muscle...priorities

How many people here are either making serious money, as in greater than 25% of their income, off bodybuilding or competing at the level of final call-outs at the pro level? Not many.

Metformin has tons of positive benefits and unless someone seriously stands to gain from incremental amounts of muscle mass then the potential lengthing of life span and other benefits significantly outweigh what probably wouldn’t even add up to be a couple pounds of muscle...priorities

You may be disappointed to know metformin also blunts the positive health benefits of exercise. I wish it weren’t the case.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/acel.12880

interesting article, I have been using it regularly but if this is the case I will lower the dose I use

Good article. However, i do have some thoughts. Im using metfor for about 8 weeks now and im only on trt. For some reason im hitting pb’s every 2-3 wks. So i guess its not the metforn which is in my way. Catch my drift?

You may be disappointed to know metformin also blunts the positive health benefits of exercise. I wish it weren’t the case.

That is one of the things that seems to make less sense. It blunts the positive effects of exercise, yet still seems to aid in having longer life span. I guess that could be due to less chance of cancer and a few other diseases.

interesting article, I have been using it regularly but if this is the case I will lower the dose I use

I was wondering about the dosage as soon as I read the article.

I wish someone just come out and say it don’t matter if ur using grams of gear.. I’m on 2k metformin a day.. I think it helps me feel less lethargic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t though...I didn’t read the entire thing but from what I did ready, all that study says is that metformin negates increases in insulin sensitivity and VO2 max due to exercise but didn’t impact improvements in decreased fat mass, HbA1c, fasting plasma insulin, 24‐hr ambulant mean glucose, and glycemic variability.

This is also done in 60+ year old adults not using anabolics, likely naive to exercise, and with elevated risk factors meaning they probably didn’t lead the healthiest lifestyles.

I’d be hard pressed to apply those results directly to the population present on this board.

I'm not expert on Metformin but I think the inhibition of mTOR and muscle building may be a bit overstated when the effects of anabolic, GH, high protein intake, and high level hypertrophy training is involved.

I saw this yesterday. I know people will brush off the study because of their bias but I find this pretty significant, especially since an earlier study showed essentially the same thing.

And I was previously a huge Metformin advocate. I just don't know if taking it is worth it when someone is already so active. The prevention of LVH was a significant positive study, however. I'm really on the fence about it.

I'm with you man. Was a big advocate for a long time but if you logically think about why it's so positive for anti-aging/longevity, it makes sense to not be great for muscle building.

If it improves insulin sensitivity and lowers IGF levels (the biggest reason why medical researchers praise it for longevity), it's going to detriment your ability to grow muscle because IGF is so crucial for muscle building.

It's not like you take exogenous hormones and you're going to cancel out the ability of metformin to lower IGF so you can build muscle, while still getting the insulin sensitivity improvements from it.

It doesn’t though...I didn’t read the entire thing but from what I did ready, all that study says is that metformin negates increases in insulin sensitivity and VO2 max due to exercise but didn’t impact improvements in decreased fat mass, HbA1c, fasting plasma insulin, 24‐hr ambulant mean glucose, and glycemic variability.

This is also done in 60+ year old adults not using anabolics, likely naive to exercise, and with elevated risk factors meaning they probably didn’t lead the healthiest lifestyles.

I’d be hard pressed to apply those results directly to the population present on this board.

But what causes those improvements? Metformin improving insulin sensitivity. Those improvements from the insulin sensitivity

I wish someone just come out and say it don’t matter if ur using grams of gear.. I’m on 2k metformin a day.. I think it helps me feel less lethargic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably if you would use much less the a gram you would not fill lethargic.

The prevention of LVH trumps anything else in my opinion, thus I will continue to use metformin for the rest of my life!

The prevention of LVH trumps anything else in my opinion, thus I will continue to use metformin for the rest of my life!

What's your dosage B-boy? Do you use the extended release or regular version. Any GI issues?

500 twice per day is plenty for me. Anymore and I have to take a nap.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

That's probably the biggest plus from Metformin for me too. I just wonder if other things do the same thing without the anti hormetic effect.

So we have dudes like Luke Sandoe and I'm are other pros that use Metformin. Yes I know genetics, gear, blah blah. But if it really is causing that much of a negative impact on bodybuilding, why would pros use it?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws