over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Game Changers Netflix movie

TheOtherOne55

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Has anyone seen this new movie on Netflix—basically the newest anti-meat eating documentary in pop culture right now.

I honestly wanted to give it a watch just because I value changed MY OWN mind sometimes and I really wanted the movie to point out the grey area in meat eating. Unfortunately, they don't. Heavily cherry-picked arguments and studies....way too much misinformation and tons of mixing of topics to keep the watcher on their toes.

There will never be a mixed argument docu because who the fuck would pay for it haha.

Just wanted to see some reactions though. Netflix has been hyping it for awhile because Arnold is in it and a couple other celebrities.

What about the fact the Arnold is producing it. That didn't surprise you and the things he spoke of? I am not going to freak out but I am going to eat one to two meals a day plant-based. After that show and my recent blood work, I need to do something. My Dr. wants to put me on statins.

My GF and I are on 2nd week of Plant-Based diet. We watched Game Changer a few weeks ago and got talking about making the leap? We decided not to jump in head first but instead we are going to try Monday(Breakfast) - Friday(Lunch) just to test the waters for a few weeks and see how it goes. If we see good results I’d like to go full 24/7 Plant-Based for a a month or so? We’re thinking of not totally changing to Full Plant-Based for ever but instead use it as a diet(if we see good results) a couple times a year. So far I feel great, sleeping better, waking feeling rested, good energy throughout the day and workouts. Only time will tell but I will say this past weekend I had 4 meat and dairy based meals and this morning I didn’t have the same pep I had all last week... Could just be in my head?

None of the people in it are game changers [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layne Norton absolutely annihilated it on his Instagram page. It's quite comical how much BS they can fit into one documentary.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LEO-tJaTm/

you mean the gladiator and Conor/nate part? or did he go into it further?

if its just those 2 parts, I dont really see them as being the major points to take away. Did he discuss the health benefits that were shown, the blood part i thought was pretty fascinating.

Kai Greene is giving plant bases a go, will be interesting to see what he says about it

Layne Norton absolutely annihilated it on his Instagram page. It's quite comical how much BS they can fit into one documentary.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LEO-tJaTm/

The problem with so many people is they start a plant based diet but/so start eating consistently and obviously loads of fruit and vegetables (greens). Then they seem amazed that their blood work improves and start telling people it is because they gave up meat. But if they ate the same thing with some meat in there it would be exactly the same.

The problem with so many people is they start a plant based diet but/so start eating consistently and obviously loads of fruit and vegetables (greens). Then they seem amazed that their blood work improves and start telling people it is because they gave up meat. But if they ate the same thing with some meat in there it would be exactly the same.

^^^^^^ EXACTLY, I get so fucking sick of having to tell dumbfucks at my gym the exact fucking thing.

Humans were meant to eat meat and plants to absorb as much vitamins minerals and amino's as possible. We are not vegetarians and we are not carnivores, we are the best of both worlds...omnivores. :)

Absolutely right. What makes the average person's diet so unhealthy is not the presence of meat, but rather the absence of sufficient amounts of (minimally-processed) plants.

If you take a vegan with a very clean diet and make them replace some of their calories with meats, it will have, if anything, a positive effect on their health.

Vegans are the ones who hate animal products.

Carnivores also love vegetables.

James Cameron, Arnold, Lebron James and everyone else are investing in the plants business. It’s just a too long commercial.

I watched it also after some sheep said he was going plant based and I had to watch it.

1)Diaz choked out mcgregor in round 2, Conor was not gassed out because he ate meat. He got beat by jiu-jitsu.
2) the blood spinning crap after burritto`s. Meaningless! Do blood labs on those guys after a week of eating clean meat and greens vs vegetarian. A visual is subjective guess to why is it cloudy. I eat lots of meat and green veg, cholesterol is good. If I eat a shit ton of carbs, sugar, booze, it goes way up.
3) the NFL guy went plant based and felt better. Well what was he eating before? Lots of those guys eat complete garbage and make it on genetics and raw talent, NOT because they know anything about nutrition. Clean plant based vs fried chicken, sure he will feel better.
4) The film makers knee healed faster. A little bit subjective but just as with all these people what is the BEFORE diet. OK it contained meat, but also how much plant based? I`ll bet it was insufficient for all those people. PLUS they ate inflammatory foods (long list of possible).
5) the extreme marathon guy looked diseased and sick. The power lifter was a big fat ass (like many), the "natural" guy was def, on gear.
6) We all know "vegetarian" is usually code word for carb-ivore. The first sign of to many carbs is VLDL >20, then also elevated triglycerides. Blood sugar is more important for the body to regulate so that will lag and be elevated secondarily. The body is always running glycolysis which blocks carnitine, which blocks cells from picking up fatty acids in the blood, they are not burned as fuel and boom, higher TG. THEN high BG.

I tried to watch it so I could feel ok about ripping on it as I’ve seen a few people I know posting about how it has them intrigued. I got maybe 30 minutes into it and the examples they were using were so poor it just totally lost my interest. Trying to draw a correlation between Nate Diaz beating McGregor because one is Plant Based and the other eat steaks was so stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Cameron, Arnold, Lebron James and everyone else are investing in the plants business. It’s just a too long commercial.

AND THERE YOU GO!!! Marketing 101. So many people just got played out and they dont even realize it.

You had a bunch of people make huge investments and then the public got ULTRA bamboozled and marketed to back up that investment

https://www.plantbasednews.org/news/james-camerons-140-million-drive-create-vegan-protein

Last edited:

^^^^^^ EXACTLY, I get so fucking sick of having to tell dumbfucks at my gym the exact fucking thing.

Humans were meant to eat meat and plants to absorb as much vitamins minerals and amino's as possible. We are not vegetarians and we are not carnivores, we are the best of both worlds...omnivores. :)

Absolutely right. What makes the average person's diet so unhealthy is not the presence of meat, but rather the absence of sufficient amounts of (minimally-processed) plants.

If you take a vegan with a very clean diet and make them replace some of their calories with meats, it will have, if anything, a positive effect on their health.

:yeahthat:

AND THERE YOU GO!!! Marketing 101. So many people just got played out and they dont even realize it.

You had a bunch of people make huge investments and then the public got ULTRA bamboozled and marketed to back up that investment

https://www.plantbasednews.org/news/james-camerons-140-million-drive-create-vegan-protein

:yeahthat:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised to see a battle of the 'meat is healthy vs meat is unhealthy' studies produced since it is targeted in political debates. Readers will need to know how to really understand research design protocols, or else I fear we will get a lot of junk studies posted for 'evidence' and not used in the correct context. That said, I'm hoping the peer reviewers do their jobs:(

My GF and I are on 2nd week of Plant-Based diet. We watched Game Changer a few weeks ago and got talking about making the leap? We decided not to jump in head first but instead we are going to try Monday(Breakfast) - Friday(Lunch) just to test the waters for a few weeks and see how it goes. If we see good results I’d like to go full 24/7 Plant-Based for a month or so? We’re thinking of not totally changing to Full Plant-Based for ever but instead use it as a diet(if we see good results) a couple times a year. So far I feel great, sleeping better, waking feeling rested, good energy throughout the day and workouts. Only time will tell but I will say this past weekend I had 4 meat and dairy based meals and this morning I didn’t have the same pep I had all last week... Could just be in my head?

Im not sure but I wouldnt think changing two meals a week would show any results and I think a lot of the results from this type of diet
you won't see until maybe blood work is done.

Has any here ever raised and butchered thier animals ?

Well, I have and I can tell you..

Hormone free and natural fed animals are great for the body...

Now you run to any store and buy the ground beef or even the chicken breast that weighs 4lbs..

Your getting hormones.. steroids... antibiotics... preservatives etc etc ..

I wonder how many sheep will join the eating disorder of vegan diets? Meat for me. I love my meat, dairy, gluten and feel amazing on all of it. Pork is my new favorite:)

Take this for what its worth

I am now vegan, prior to going vegan I was on a diet I got from a 'prep guy' on these forums you all know, probably one of the top 5 most popular. The meats he had me eat were - salmon, chicken breast and eye fillet. After dropping those meats and any other animal product in my diet my LDL dropped by 50%, blood pressure went from 120/80 to 116/66.

Whats interesting to note, when i was eating meat I weight trained 3 x week, and did cardio 4 x week. When I went vegan i weight trained 2 x week and did cardio 2 x week (going vegan coincided with my wife returning to work after being on maternity leave so I did not have the time to train as much as I wanted)

So no animal products and less exercise resulted in my health improving by a remarkable amount by simply a diet change.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear