YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The benefits of Chia Seeds in your cooking!

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ch-ch-ch choose chia

1. Chia is gluten free
2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
4. It boasts 20% protein
5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids
6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
7. Chia contains five times more calcium than a glass of milk
8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
9. It contains three times more iron than spinach
10. It contains twice the potassium content of banana
11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
12. It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.

Not sure what to do with them….try these little tips

soak them over night and put fruit, almond milk, and some cinnamon in them..Voila! breakfast cereal!

3 tbsp chia seeds into 3/4 cup of almond milk, 1/8 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp agave. Let it sit for 30 minutes in the fridge and it’s like a yummy chia pudding!

Add one tablespoon to your morning smoothie

To substitute for an egg: Use 1 tablespoon finely ground chia seeds (grind them dry in a blender, food processor or coffee grinder) and 3 tablespoons of water per egg in a baked recipe (does not work in place of eggs for omelets though…

For a healthy energy gel, add a couple tablespoons of chia seeds to a cup of coconut water. Let sit for about ten minutes and you’ll have an incredible energy gel! Beats the socks off of Gatorade for hydration and energy and you get to avoid the fake colours, fake flavours and GMO

i've just started using these because my guts have been giving me a bit of grief lately, could be a bit of IBS....

i just throw a tablespoon full in my mouth and then wash them down with a glass of water....

Bump!

Bought more chia seeds for protein shake and breakfast.. will make some recipes.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376906834120.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906834120.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 226
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376906847635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906847635.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 213
The Nutritional Profile..more info on Chia!!!

Like most so-called superfoods, chia has been the victim of over-marketing and over-promising. Don't put too much stock in the "more omega-3s than salmon," "30 percent more antioxidants than blueberries," or "more potassium than a banana" shtick that populates Websites and seed bags, because it's usually based on unrealistic serving sizes and selective definitions.

That being said, chia's nutritional profile is undeniably broad and impressive. A standard 2 tbsp (24 g) serving of chia seeds contains:
◾Calories: 117
◾Protein: 4 grams
◾Fat: 7.4 grams
◾Fiber: 8.3 grams

It contains all eight essential amino acids and a host of trace minerals and micronutrients. To put it in easy comparative terms, each 2 tbsp serving of chia offers:
◾Five times the omega-3 content of a 1/4-cup serving of walnuts
◾Twice the iron and magnesium of a cup of spinach
◾As much calcium as a half-cup of milk
◾As much potassium as a third of a banana
◾More than twice the fiber of a cup of oatmeal

This mysterious seed has been prescribed for everything from speeding up weight loss to boosting energy levels. Although few studies on chia seeds have been done with humans, there are a few properties that make them a food worth incorporating into your diet.

A member of the mint family, chia seeds are rich in fiber and antioxidants, as well as essential minerals like calcium and iron. They are the richest plant source of omega-3s, although mostly in the form of alpha- linolenic acid—the type that takes your body a while to convert to the preferred DHA or EPA that comes from fish—so we still recommend eating fish at least twice a week.

The seeds are 20% protein, which exceeds the protein content of most other grains and seeds. “The high-quality protein in chia seeds provides all the essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source,” says Vandana Sheth, R.D. M&F recommends you consume 1–1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight if you’re training to build muscle, so dumping a few tablespoons of chia into your protein shake can give you an edge in the weight room.

Chia seeds are also thought to help keep your waistline trim, by sucking up 10–12 times their weight, forming a gel in your stomach that can curb your calorie intake by making you feel full longer. They also slow the digestive process that breaks down carbs and converts them to sugar, which means fewer carbs feeding the fat cells around your midsection.

How to use it
  1. Smoothies
  2. Oatmeal
  3. Yogurt
  4. Flour Substitute
  5. Dips
  6. Energy Bars

This is what I have made today -

Healthy Chia Seed Protein Shake Recipe: Chocolate Cherry

1.1 frozen banana
2.1/2 C frozen dark cherries
3.1-2 scoop SynthePURE Protein Powder
4.1/3 C UNSWEETENED almond milk
5.1TBSP chia seeds
6.1TBSP cocoa powder
7.Dash of cinnamon
1.Put all ingredients in the blender.
2.Let ingredients sit for 5 minutes. This is crucial to allow the chia seeds to gel and thicken your shake.
3.Blend until you reach an ice-cream consistency.

i love chia seeds. theyre the only fiber supplement that i can use without causing me serious gastric distress

inlike to let them sit in water till they swell then drink them. Hydrates you from the inside. Good stuff, just expensive. Peice has shot up in the last few years:(

i love chia seeds. theyre the only fiber supplement that i can use without causing me serious gastric distress

I have noticed the same. Chia seeds have become a staple for me. I can't do cruciferous veggies or green veggies without having extreme gas and bloat. However Chia seeds give me no issues and I become regular even during a Caloric restriction. 2-3 servings per day is all the fiber you need while in a contest prep.

These are still pretty hard to find locally. Are there good sources online?

Any new updates on guys using these.
I wish it wasn't so high in fiber. I'd use a lot more if it wasn't

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351