over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meal timing vs what time you train

bamabuckshot

Registered
This has been on my mind a lot lately and I was wanting to get you guys opinions. I eat my meals every 2-2.5 hours but because of my job I don't get to hit the gym until 7 or 9pm. When hitting the gym that late I only have time to cook one good meal then go straight to sleep. My question is would it be more beneficial to train early in the a.m. Before work that way my meals I'm eating all throughout the day go to aiding/fueling my muscles that I just worked? Curious on everyone's input on this. Thank you!

It doesn't hurt to try. Do it for a few months and see if you benefit.

I will definitely give it a try for a few months. Just going to be hard to adjust to waking up and going to bed a lot earlier

Just make sure you get a high prot meal in after training at night.

How long are your workouts? When I find myself in that situation, I usually workout in the am for an hour, then an hour in the evening. I dont like doing long workouts in the evening mainly because it cuts into meals and family time.

Let us know what works for you.

I do the early AM workout. I used to workout in the evening but I prefer to prioritize my workout first then go to work. I quickly found out that my energy levels peak in the morning making for good workouts.

I don't have time to let a solid food meal digest so I have a 60g whey 20g micellar casein shake of which I will drink 3/4 of it right when I get out of bed and the other 1/4 of it 30 minutes later when I go to the gym. I sip 24oz of gatorade starting on the drive to the gym then the rest as I workout. I do have a couple of cups of black coffee also.

I've found that for me this is not too much in my stomach while I work out to effect my workout in any negative way mostly because it's all liquids. I find this cheap man's version of "peri-workout" nutrition to be quick and easy first thing in the morning. I'm also not hungry enough for solid foods that early in the morning so that helps.

I look at the rest of the day as an opportunity to eat and recover from the day's workout.

After work I get to go home and relax.

Try it out for a few months like you said, you may like it.

Also, I've found the early am crowd at the gym to be much smaller allowing for more freedom around the gym and also people that are there that early are serious about fitness and so the vibe is nice.

I do the early AM workout. I used to workout in the evening but I prefer to prioritize my workout first then go to work. I quickly found out that my energy levels peak in the morning making for good workouts.

I don't have time to let a solid food meal digest so I have a 60g whey 20g micellar casein shake of which I will drink 3/4 of it right when I get out of bed and the other 1/4 of it 30 minutes later when I go to the gym. I sip 24oz of gatorade starting on the drive to the gym then the rest as I workout. I do have a couple of cups of black coffee also.

I've found that for me this is not too much in my stomach while I work out to effect my workout in any negative way mostly because it's all liquids. I find this cheap man's version of "peri-workout" nutrition to be quick and easy first thing in the morning. I'm also not hungry enough for solid foods that early in the morning so that helps.

I look at the rest of the day as an opportunity to eat and recover from the day's workout.

After work I get to go home and relax.

Try it out for a few months like you said, you may like it.

Also, I've found the early am crowd at the gym to be much smaller allowing for more freedom around the gym and also people that are there that early are serious about fitness and so the vibe is nice.

Good advice. I think he needs to read this if hes going to workout in the morning and it not effect his focus while he works.

Thanks for all the advise guys. Got up at 5 this morning. Ate my eggs and oatmeal. Waited a few then took my pre workout. There was hardly anyone in the gym and had plenty of energy for my workout. I felt a lot more energized throughout the day and got all my meals in. Gonna stick with it for a while and report back. Thanks again!

I like to eat an hour before I train. I don't feel I perform as well if I wait a longer duration.

Buckshot, I've literally done the same thing you have (work til 730, train at 8) then eat a good meal, maybe another bit of protein right before bed. It's not bad, but was a bit more tricky when trying to bulk.

By not bad, I meant I've gotten good results in about 4 months of this work/train schedule. Didn't complete my thought in last post, good movie and ADD tends to do this tends to make this happen.

do it the way you feel the best.

i always work out late in the day and the post workout meal is my last meal of the day. its also the biggest meal.

its perfectly fine this way.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity