over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pwo Burger Meal

LW123

Registered
Need to recover after a workout? Eat a cheeseburger. - The Washington Post

This sounds awesome! Just this morning during my workout, I actually craved for some Fatburger, but of course ate my usual brown rice and ground turkey meal post-workout.

Anyone tried this pwo burger meal and not felt any different than from eating a clean pwo meal?

One more thing, the article just mentioned performance level rather than physique building, but still wondering if anyone had anything good to say about eating a non-clean pwo meal?

Last edited:
Interesting read for sure. Just kept thinking about how every nba game I see, I always see at least one guy walking in with a bag of McDonald's for their pre game meal.

Can't imagine a fast food burger being too much different than some of the protein bars/shakes I see on the shelves at stores so makes sense.

Couldn't it myself. Fast food makes me too lethargic and I workout in the mornings so need to eat something that'll allow me to stay productive afterwards.

When I was just focusing on strength growth for powerlifting in the offseason, I would quite often try different things. I did try hamburgers for a few months, but it was more because I was trying to eat through 20lbs of frozen hamburger that my dad had left in his freezer. Obviously, I didn't do McDonalds, I just grilled them at home. I was being a little fat ass, so usually it would consist of 2 1/2 lb burgers (on one bun), and occasionally bacon.

I didn't notice any difference in weight or fat gain during the 3 months, and my strength kept increasing about in line with what my regular diet would of had me at. The only negative I would describe is felling down after a meal like that. Post workout I'm usually always on a high for about 3-4 hours, but with the burger meal I got brought down much faster. On days I went in for two workouts on the same day, I wouldn't eat a hamburger after the first workout, because it made me feel so sedentary.

Yeah, l do get lethargic also when I would occasionally indulge in fast food after working out. But it's good to hear there was no additional fat gain despite eating like this over a period of time. I guess just as long as you are not eating a great surplus of daily calories, then you're fine. I suppose. And definitely you probably shouldn't eat like this when trying to lean out.

Interesting read for sure. Just kept thinking about how every nba game I see, I always see at least one guy walking in with a bag of McDonald's for their pre game meal.

Can't imagine a fast food burger being too much different than some of the protein bars/shakes I see on the shelves at stores so makes sense.

Couldn't it myself. Fast food makes me too lethargic and I workout in the mornings so need to eat something that'll allow me to stay productive afterwards.

lol, NBA players are the worst athletes to follow for diet tips. These guys are such genetic freaks and burn so many calories playing ball and training every day, it borderline doesn't matter what they eat.

The inner city and midwest kids that the NBA is mostly comprised of typically come from lower class homes, between that and the culture, they couldn't even afford protein shakes, nor do most of them have any idea about nutrition. Hell, a lot of them are lucky and happy with a bologna sandwich.

LenDale White (former USC RB) one a sports talk show once said Reggie Bush used to just stuff his face with twinkies and other bull shit at USC. Bush is like 4% bf and probably stronger in the weight room than some heavyweight bber's.

Even Kobe Bryant had been seen often just dogging some McD's or other garbage.

I have been reading "The Herbivores Dilemma" and it speaks in depth (ad nausea) about what is in fast food. Its barely food. like 60% of a cheeseburger from McDonalds is made from genetically modified Corn. The beef "flavor" is injected... Basically post workout your body is in the "anabolic window" and is ready to absorb NUTRIENTS. I wouldn't think preservatives, genetically modified organisms, chemicals, etc would be the best thing to have your body store after a workout.
F2S

That's funny you say that, in the pharm var thread a member said it's worth it to pay the absurd amounts more because of the harmful contaminents in Chinese powder...

...exactly what I said was that there is probably just as much or more harmful things in the foods we eat in America.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJAwL30rb0"]Why You Should NOT EAT McDonalds - YouTube[/ame]

lol, NBA players are the worst athletes to follow for diet tips. These guys are such genetic freaks and burn so many calories playing ball and training every day, it borderline doesn't matter what they eat.

The inner city and midwest kids that the NBA is mostly comprised of typically come from lower class homes, between that and the culture, they couldn't even afford protein shakes, nor do most of them have any idea about nutrition. Hell, a lot of them are lucky and happy with a bologna sandwich.

LenDale White (former USC RB) one a sports talk show once said Reggie Bush used to just stuff his face with twinkies and other bull shit at USC. Bush is like 4% bf and probably stronger in the weight room than some heavyweight bber's.

Even Kobe Bryant had been seen often just dogging some McD's or other garbage.

Lol Oh yea definitely wasn't implying that nba players eat well by any means just meant the article made me think of seeing that since the studies compared athletes.

I fully believe these guys are so lean and muscular in spite of their diets because of their elite genetics and crazy workload (couldn't imagine myself having the muscle lebron or dwight howard have running as much as they do for 82+ games a year, no matter how much gear or food I consumed).

One of my close friends is in the nfl currently and he went from 175lbs to 210lbs graduating high school going into his freshman year. He's Hawaiian and eats a diet that is similar to how a lot of Hawaiians eat. In an article in our local news paper when asked about how he gained the weight, he replied, "Honestly the key to gaining this muscle was mayo. Lots of mayo on everything and keeping spam sandwiches in my backpack all the time."

Granted that was when he first jumped on gear, but he really did eat like that all the time lol.

I have been reading "The Herbivores Dilemma" and it speaks in depth (ad nausea) about what is in fast food. Its barely food. like 60% of a cheeseburger from McDonalds is made from genetically modified Corn. The beef "flavor" is injected... Basically post workout your body is in the "anabolic window" and is ready to absorb NUTRIENTS. I wouldn't think preservatives, genetically modified organisms, chemicals, etc would be the best thing to have your body store after a workout.
F2S

That's not true at all. McDonald's is 100% beef. Shitty fatty beef but beef nonetheless.

Lol Oh yea definitely wasn't implying that nba players eat well by any means just meant the article made me think of seeing that since the studies compared athletes.

I fully believe these guys are so lean and muscular in spite of their diets because of their elite genetics and crazy workload (couldn't imagine myself having the muscle lebron or dwight howard have running as much as they do for 82+ games a year, no matter how much gear or food I consumed).

One of my close friends is in the nfl currently and he went from 175lbs to 210lbs graduating high school going into his freshman year. He's Hawaiian and eats a diet that is similar to how a lot of Hawaiians eat. In an article in our local news paper when asked about how he gained the weight, he replied, "Honestly the key to gaining this muscle was mayo. Lots of mayo on everything and keeping spam sandwiches in my backpack all the time."

Granted that was when he first jumped on gear, but he really did eat like that all the time lol.

Is he a well known player? What does he say in regards to how he beats the drug tests? Just curious.

I eat tons of all beef burgers from the grill during the summer and look and feel pretty good I think.

6-8oz of grassfed beef burger(s) on a bun or in lettuce with a little mayo and or ketchup is a great meal any time of day...even post workout! This is truly one of my favorite meals that I often prepare.

These "studies" are silly...and OF COURSE glycogen stores are refueled just as efficiently with simple sugars of buns, fries, hash browns etc. The quality of protein and garbage fat and fillers is a whole other story.

Last edited:
6-8oz of grassfed beef burger(s) on a bun or in lettuce with a little mayo and or ketchup is a great meal any time of day...even post workout! This is truly one of my favorite meals that I often prepare.

These "studies" are silly...and OF COURSE glycogen stores are refueled just as efficiently with simple sugars of buns, fries, hash browns etc. The quality of protein and garbage fat and fillers is a whole other story.

yep... ground sirloin is my goto meat... loveeee burgers

I eat 12oz grass fed beef daily. Way healthier than ground beef or fast food burgers.

for the slow kids....

post work out your body is primed and ready to shuttle correct nutrients where they need to be.

if one was going to eat a "bad" meal post work out would be a great time to do it, post work out muscle is more insulin sensitive, fat is less, your body will try and shuttle protein and carbs and is less likely to store the fat.

I know if I eat something like that post work out im running to the bathroom right after, anything not easily digested and used is gotten rid of asap, fats and fiber go right out.

post or post post work out is a great time for cheat meals.

although it may fuck up your eating after...

I like to keep cheats to the last meal of the day for that reason.

In what ways do you prepare it?

I usually just use a George Foreman grill or sometimes a pan on the stove. I add seasoning and either hot sauce or steak sauce and it tastes excellent.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws