over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hctz raising blood pressure?

Brickshthouse79

Registered
After a failed trial of nebivolol, I am on to hctz to help manage my hypertension. I took 25mg of hctz and felt a little off (maybe slightly dizzy), checked my bp about 90 mins later and it jumped from 141/82 to 150/90 (the highest reading ive ever had). Im inclined to throw the rest of it away, but im curious if anyone else had had that reaction to it. Also, I am on clen now so perhaps there was an interaction bt the drugs. Any insight is welcome.
Thanks
-Brick

I haven't heard of that side effect before. However, I also wouldn't have high expectations of a mild dose diuretic doing much to lower your BP while using clen and possibly AAS.

You have to stay pretty hydrated on HCTZ. If you're not and you get dehydrated, it will work against you and cause your BP to rise.

I haven't heard of that side effect before. However, I also wouldn't have high expectations of a mild dose diuretic doing much to lower your BP while using clen and possibly AAS.

Fair point, but I was only looking for a drop of 10pts in systolic. Im on trt, clen (80mcg), primo and a low dose of var.

Fair point, but I was only looking for a drop of 10pts in systolic. Im on trt, clen (80mcg), primo and a low dose of var.

I would NEVER take clenbuterol if I had high blood pressure.

I would NEVER take clenbuterol if I had high blood pressure.

x2 for this.

Not to sounds like your mother, but what did you think was going to happen to your BP when taking clen? No wonder youre not able to notice an effect from HCTZ

Clen probably one of the worst substances in our BBing arsenal for raising bp and heart rate from even just the first dose, and its only going to get worse at higher dosages.

Now enough of the lecture.
Be sure that your electrolyte intake is sound. Potassium and sodium specifically.

Dante posts some great information on his IG about blood pressure and supplements to assist in kidney health.

Look at Stan Efferdings video on high blood pressure, there's some pearls of wisdom in that video that we could probably all benefit from too.

x2 for this.

Not to sounds like your mother, but what did you think was going to happen to your BP when taking clen? No wonder youre not able to notice an effect from HCTZ

Clen probably one of the worst substances in our BBing arsenal for raising bp and heart rate from even just the first dose, and its only going to get worse at higher dosages.

Now enough of the lecture.
Be sure that your electrolyte intake is sound. Potassium and sodium specifically.

Dante posts some great information on his IG about blood pressure and supplements to assist in kidney health.

Look at Stan Efferdings video on high blood pressure, there's some pearls of wisdom in that video that we could probably all benefit from too.

Good post. Yes, I follow Dante on IG. Also, supplement with potassium, electrolytes and taurine and only run the clen at 80mcg daily. My bp is fine not on clen and is elevated while on it. Today i added metoprolol and cardiatone and discontinued the clen. It should he back to normal soon.

First choice would be lisinopril if it doesn’t give you a cough. Second choice would be amlodopine. Also avoid clen it’s terrible for the heart especially if you have underlying issues such as HTN. HCTZ 12.5 once a day with 20 of lisinopril perhaps. Beta blocker is never a first choice for blood pressure control. See a cardiologist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First choice would be lisinopril if it doesn’t give you a cough. Second choice would be amlodopine. Also avoid clen it’s terrible for the heart especially if you have underlying issues such as HTN. HCTZ 12.5 once a day with 20 of lisinopril perhaps. Beta blocker is never a first choice for blood pressure control. See a cardiologist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive used telmistarten, but not lisinopril. Metoprolol wasnt my first choice for htn, but I have used it in the past successfully. For some reason telmisartan makes me really tired, which is why I moved away from ace inhibitors. Ive never used a calcium channel blocker, but I will look into amlodopime, thanks for the post.

Last edited:
Ive used telmistarten, but not lisinopril. Metoprolol wasnt my first choice for htn, but I have used it in the past successfully. For some reason telmisartan makes me really tired, which is why I moved away from ace inhibitors. Ive never used a calcium channel blocker, but I will look into amlodopime, thanks for the post.

In the prior post I incorrectly stated that telmistarten is an ace inhibitor, it is an arb.

Lisinipril is available with HTCZ in one tab.
I chose the one without the dieuretic...I want to stay full and healthy water balance is important to that.

Lisinipril is available with HTCZ in one tab.
I chose the one without the dieuretic...I want to stay full and healthy water balance is important to that.

Per Bigraf's rec Im going to try the lisinipril. Hctz doesnt agree with me. I sweat a lot naturally and feel off (dehydrated and tired) using diuretics.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws