over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waxy Maize

rotty

Registered
I just bought some WM. I know you take the WM by itself after yoiur WO and then take your protein about 30 minutes later, my question is when you take your protein do you only eat or drink protein or should you drink an MRP or whole meal as opposed to strickly whey or just chicken and no more carbs. Thanks.

You shouldn't need to wait 30min for protein after the WM. In my experiences, my stomach feels to be emptying by 10-15min with the WM. For me at least, it feels like it is getting to the small intestine that quick.
I have a protein shake about 10-15min after the WM.

rotty said:
I just bought some WM. I know you take the WM by itself after yoiur WO and then take your protein about 30 minutes later, my question is when you take your protein do you only eat or drink protein or should you drink an MRP or whole meal as opposed to strickly whey or just chicken and no more carbs. Thanks.
Why can't you put the WM inside of a protein shake?

I just had me 10lbs of custom postworkout formula made, with this

Waxy maize
Dextroze
Whey isolate
Hydrolized whey isolate
BCAA's
Taurine

What's wrong with my formula?

Thanks

How much did that run you Grunt? I like your sig, that's funny.

Grunt76 said:

Waxy maize
Dextroze
Whey isolate
Hydrolized whey isolate
BCAA's
Taurine

Thanks

You can put protein in the WM, many people do that.
The theory behind it is that the benefit of the WM is its osmolality. The high molecular weight creates a very low osmolality, which creates a "pull" through the stomach into the small intestine. Some people worry that adding too many ingredients with a lower molecular weight, and subsequent higher osmolality can affect the total osmolality of the "mixture" enough to slow down its pass through the stomach.

I doubt you'll find any quantitative analysis of this, but in my own experience, I notice a definite decrease in stomach clearance rate when the WM falls below a level of about 67% of the gram total of the solution.

trop,

i know this probably goes into the world of micro-managing. but....

when using waxy maize will it make a difference if I take my supplements (taurine, creatine, etc.) in capsule form vs. disolved in the liquid itself?

troponin said:
You shouldn't need to wait 30min for protein after the WM. In my experiences, my stomach feels to be emptying by 10-15min with the WM. For me at least, it feels like it is getting to the small intestine that quick.
I have a protein shake about 10-15min after the WM.

Just starting to read about waxy maize and considering trying it. What do you mean by "stomach feels emptying"? Forgive my ignorance, but do you start to feel like your hungry like you've got nothing in your stomach, or do you feel like you've got to take a shit?????

I've heard about it not so much what it is or what exactly it does so i have to ask WTF is waxy maize? and what benifit does it serve

ya waxy is good stuff,

like trop said its weight is higher which creates a pull into the sm intestine where it can be quickly absorbed and digested, basicaly its benifit would be faster clearance through the stomach. I use it myself and have experiemented with taking it by itself and with protein. I do not notice much of a benifit of taking it alone I usually mix 80g waxy with 50 g pro iso. and all my taurine, nac, alcar,ideb,potassium citrate, creatine,carnosine,(yes it tastes like shit) and a few other sometimes. I notice a much faster clearance through the stomach and much less bloating than with conventional pwo carb drinks. I would reccomend it highly!, got mine from true protien(cheapest I found) they have some more info on the site trueprotein.com.

Grunt76 said:

Waxy maize
Dextroze
Whey isolate
Hydrolized whey isolate
BCAA's
Taurine

Thanks

Damn, that's pretty scientific. I doubt anything would be wrong with it.

I'm still trying to figure out how Steve Reeves, Arnold, Mentzer, Sergio, Paris etc... looked so good without all of this nutrient timing and exotic formulas.

I guess they would've just looked so good, it would not even be comprehendable by us, since 99.9% of guys in the gym that drink these formulas like it's a religious rite, don't look anywhere even close.

$10/pound. I might have to try some and see how much better I will look.

marshall said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Steve Reeves, Arnold, Mentzer, Sergio, Paris etc... looked so good without all of this nutrient timing and exotic formulas.

I guess they would've just looked so good, it would not even be comprehendable by us, since 99.9% of guys in the gym that drink these formulas like it's a religious rite, don't look anywhere even close.

$10/pound. I might have to try some and see how much better I will look.

Inches add up to a mile my friend. They were not as phenominal as you think, they posed a certain way and had nice flowing genetic structure.... notice you never see them standing next to alot of other bodybuilders. I have a feeling you stand some of those guys next to each other it will be a whole nother ballgame. By the way.... Arnold ate dbols like candy i know that definite, lets not go asking me for my sources your not getting them.

TooPowerful4u said:
By the way.... Arnold ate dbols like candy i know that definite, lets not go asking me for my sources your not getting them.
Haha, come on man, you don't really know what he did. I also know an old timer who said Arnold ate D-bol by the handful, "always twice as much as the next guy"... but I still don't know. It's ALL hearsay. :D

ya the dbol must have been arnolds secret weapon:D and not the 4+hrs in the gym everyday and strict diet!

cmon, nobody knows that for sure except arnold himself

I really hope your being sarcastic, are you?

marshall said:

Do you look like any of those people? Obviously you follow Mike Mentzer to the tee, do you look like Mentzer? You just picked out the genetically elite bodybuilders of the pre 80 era as the backbone to your argument--LOL....and that seems to be your stand every time I see you post on this board. I think I should let the dead rest in peace but if I was an ass I could really open up a crapvault of info on your hero Mentzer, from people who trained under him as trainees, from former friends/training partners, from Dan Duchaine, Don Ross etc...etc the guy had substance abuse probs, was a bona-fide nutjob ready for the loony bin many times, and for all his belief in philosophy and obsession with Rand, was weak beyond belief mentally as an individual. (see obsession complusion/rec drug dependancy)....I dont classify a guy drooling on a sidewalk in front of Golds Gym wearing only longjohn underwear and a tshirt as part of the mensa list

I don't follow Mentzer to the tee. What gave you that idea? I use a training system "similar" to Heavy Duty, but only because my joints cannot handle training on back to back days and with my work schedule, having a HD type of lifting schedule works for me. I certainly do not look like Mike Mentzer and I've seen your pics posted before, you certainly do not look like Mike Mentzer either. What's the point of asking me that?

I do take in about 75g of protein, not because Mentzer said that is all that I need, but because there is no difference (FOR ME) if I take in 75, 200, 350 or 500g's. None, nada, zero, nothing. I actually look and feel better taking in 100 or lower. On top of that, I eat whatever I want, every day, not just cheat days and don't count calories and maintain my weight and conditioning perfectly. I've ate chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake every day for I can't even remember how long.

I make my opinion about PWO drinks, because I know from experience that when I've used one, they make absolutely no difference than if I eat some food later in the day. No difference, none, nada, zero, nothing.

You have been on here preaching before that if people are making gains on 500mg of Test, then why on earth are they taking 2g's of 3 different compounds. I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!

I'm on here saying that there is absolutely NO difference in my physique from taking in 100's of grams of protein and no PWO drink. Why are people using all of this uneccesary stuff if it doesn't make a difference? I'm far from a genetic elite and do not utilize nutrients any better than anyone else.

Just like these guys using 2g's that could look the same using 500mg, same for all of this 75grams of protein 6x per day with a timed PWO drink with 8 different ingredients. It's comical really.

I single Mentzer out for 2 reasons:

1) I think he had the prototype physique. It cannot in my opinion get any better than that. It can get bigger, which it has done, but not better. There was a reason he really had the best physique on the planet from 1977-1980 wasn't there? I single out Vander on this board for the same reasons and get alot of shit for that too, OH WELL !

2) I like the way he presents his philosiphies, because he catered to no one and wasn't trying to push a company or product other than his training system, which was hardly a mass marketed multi-million dolllar operation.

I personally don't care what kind of mental issues Mentzer had at any point in his life because I didn't get the opportunity to know him. I only know him through what he's presented to the bodybuilding community and it is pretty damn good to me.

The guys who saw him out in his pajamas drooling on himself can have whatever opinion they would like. It doesn't change what he presented and gave to the hobby.

DOGGCRAPP said:
Do you look like any of those people? Obviously you follow Mike Mentzer to the tee, do you look like Mentzer? You just picked out the genetically elite bodybuilders of the pre 80 era as the backbone to your argument--LOL....and that seems to be your stand every time I see you post on this board. I think I should let the dead rest in peace but if I was an ass I could really open up a crapvault of info on your hero Mentzer, from people who trained under him as trainees, from former friends/training partners, from Dan Duchaine, Don Ross etc...etc the guy had substance abuse probs, was a bona-fide nutjob ready for the loony bin many times, and for all his belief in philosophy and obsession with Rand, was weak beyond belief mentally as an individual. (see obsession complusion/rec drug dependancy)....I dont classify a guy drooling on a sidewalk in front of Golds Gym wearing only longjohn underwear and a tshirt as part of the mensa list

TooPowerful4u said:
Inches add up to a mile my friend. They were not as phenominal as you think, they posed a certain way and had nice flowing genetic structure.... notice you never see them standing next to alot of other bodybuilders. I have a feeling you stand some of those guys next to each other it will be a whole nother ballgame. By the way.... Arnold ate dbols like candy i know that definite, lets not go asking me for my sources your not getting them.

TP, I can usually make sense of your posts. But wtf are you talking about?

Never see them standing next to other bodybuilders? THEY COMPETED ON OLYMPIA STAGES. What are you trying to say?

If you're trying to say that todays guys look better, we've already been down that road and have all agreed to disagree. There's alot of guys on here who prefer the physiques of the 70's and 80's and there's guys that prefer todays physiques. It's a wash, just a personal preference.

I don't think that the guys in the 70's and 80's took any less AAS than the guys of today. They did not take GH (at least synthetic) and Insulin, that we all do know.

I'm saying they all didn't go nuts over some scientific PWO drink. I see these guys around, with their tubs of stuff in their gym bag, running to the water fountain after they train. It's hilarious. I ask them about it, they don't even know if it makes or has made any difference in their physiques, they just do it because they're "suppose to".

Real world trial and error never occurred to most of these people. They NIKE mentality has taken over !

marshall said:
TP, I can usually make sense of your posts. But wtf are you talking about?

Never see them standing next to other bodybuilders? THEY COMPETED ON OLYMPIA STAGES. What are you trying to say?

If you're trying to say that todays guys look better, we've already been down that road and have all agreed to disagree. There's alot of guys on here who prefer the physiques of the 70's and 80's and there's guys that prefer todays physiques. It's a wash, just a personal preference.

I don't think that the guys in the 70's and 80's took any less AAS than the guys of today. They did not take GH (at least synthetic) and Insulin, that we all do know.

I'm saying they all didn't go nuts over some scientific PWO drink. I see these guys around, with their tubs of stuff in their gym bag, running to the water fountain after they train. It's hilarious. I ask them about it, they don't even know if it makes or has made any difference in their physiques, they just do it because they're "suppose to".

Real world trial and error never occurred to most of these people. They NIKE mentality has taken over !

I know I am in the minority here.. but I agree with you 100%. Maybe I am wrong but its just my .02

MrDeflation said:
I know I am in the minority here.. but I agree with you 100%. Maybe I am wrong but its just my .02

Far from wrong, it's just that for the most part, people in general will do what other people who they view to be in an authoritative position tell them to do. Even more so in bodybuidling when the person has bigger muscles. It's very odd.

Reminds of the SpongeBob episode when he bought anchor arms and told everyone he got huge by making farting noises with his armpits. Every other person there started to try making farting noises with their armpits.

Not much different really, only supplements are a multi-billion dollar business.

I absolutely dont get your posts on this board at all, they make no sense. As for this thread being named waxy maize, let me state this up front. I COULD CARE IF ANYONE BUYS WAXY MAIZE...IF YOU DONT WANT TO BUY IT OR USE IT DONT AND DONT LET ANYONE CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU NEED IT BESIDES MAYBE YOUR OWN STUDYING ON THE SUBJECT. IF YOUR HURTING FOR MONEY THERE ARE ALOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BUY LIKE PROTEIN OR CREATINE.....There with that out of the way let me get back to ....I dont get any of your posts at all. They all come out with the hidden undermeaning of "I Marshall have been lifting for a long time and I have absolutely nothing to show for it, noone even notices or asks if I lift and Im pissed off at the world for it"

You cite the top genetically gifted bodybuilders in the world pre 80 as the reason everyone should go back to their methods of eating, well do you still watch a black and white TV, and drive a 72 Ford Pinto too? Do you know how many people tried to train/eat like Arnold and Mentzer and never ended up looking like Arnold or Mentzer? Have you seen anyone with the chest and biceps of Arnold since? I havent seen anyone with his exact build which was incredible scary genetics for biceps and chest and some pretty glaring weaknesses elsewhere.
Outside of Sergio who could most likely have the greatest genetics this sport has ever seen, like it or not the bodybuilders in the modern era blow away old time bodybuilders in the amount of muscle mass they hold on thier physiques. And thats what this sport is about "bodybuilding"....granted there are alot of things being done nowadays that is also ruining physiques (insulin use etc)....But lets bottom line it shall we? Could Arnold or Mentzer stand next to Dillett, Ronnie, Haney, Heath, Levrone and Wheeler and not get embarrassed? Its like the 46 year old quarterback sitting on his couch yearning about the glory days of his high school football past with your posts.

You state on another post on this board that if certain elite guys can use such low dosages why should they use at all then? Huh? You lost the point! They can make incredible gains of muscle mass off of low dosages from being hyperesponders/genetically elite/whatever.....Thats a gift! The point is they CAN use low dosages.

You state in the above post how its foolish to listen to people in this sport that have been there and done that or who have accomplished goals or actually made themselves into some sort of bodybuilder in this sport. Whats the alternative? Listen to someone who has accomplished nothing, yet feels its his duty to tell everyone within earshot of him how its done and what to do? Id rather take in all information from all sides/parties and make a deductive reasoning for myself.
I dont care if one person on this board buys anything from my company....in fact I urge everyone not to just for the point of not looking hypocritical (hows that?).....but Ill be the last one to sit there and long for the glory days of downing whole eggs, drinking shakes of ice cream, peanut butter and whole milk to "bulk up" or contest prep being "16 cans of tuna a day with salads"...For some reason all your posts on this board are "the world according to Marshall, if he doesnt do it, then noone should"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity