over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question about female supplements

rotty

Registered
Hey...My sister wants to start working out and living a healthier lifestyle. I told her I would help her with her training but I don't really know much about female supplements. What do women take that is different than men. Just so there is no confusion, I'm talking OTC supplements. Are there any specific multivitamins that are better? I'm not really sure where to start here and any input, especially from the ladies, would be great. Also, she isn't going to be going crazy with this, she just wants to be healthier and in a little better shape. I already had her buy some fish oil.

There really isn't a difference for woman. She should be at least taking a good multi-vitamin. The only thing I would say that she should take different is a good calcium supplements and that's only because woman tend to get osteoporosis more often than men. That's not saying that men can't get it, but once menopause hits that increases a women's chance of getting osteoporosis.

Other supps that are good to add (both males and females) are vitamin C, B-complex, and it never hurts to add something with the good oils/fats in it like Omeg-3/Flaxseed, etc.

It can just depend on her body's needs. I use vitamin E & Eve of Prime Rose Oil for my skin and nails. As I've gotten older, I've added a "Joint Soother" supplement for my joints.

There really isn't a difference for woman. She should be at least taking a good multi-vitamin. The only thing I would say that she should take different is a good calcium supplements and that's only because woman tend to get osteoporosis more often than men. That's not saying that men can't get it, but once menopause hits that increases a women's chance of getting osteoporosis.

Other supps that are good to add (both males and females) are vitamin C, B-complex, and it never hurts to add something with the good oils/fats in it like Omeg-3/Flaxseed, etc.

It can just depend on her body's needs. I use vitamin E & Eve of Prime Rose Oil for my skin and nails. As I've gotten older, I've added a "Joint Soother" supplement for my joints.

Ditto, I take a calcium supplement as my mom got pretty brittle in her old age.

thank you ladies. I told her to buy a multi, I just wasn't sure if there was any multi or supplements made specifically for women. Thanks again

ive read that the multivitamin with iron is good for women because of them losing blood from their periods

i guess most of us take the multi without iron, because we already get a lot in our diet

rotty

This is the multi my girl takes (made specially for women with extra Calcium) and she says it makes her feel great/lots of energy. It is a food based multi so the nutrients are absorbed better. My opinion is just to stay away from the cheap multis like centrum and 1-a-day, they are nutritionally inferior.

**broken link removed**

I try to give my wife a good multi with iron, calcium, coq10 and omega oils

LOL.... I'm just picturing fourthgen TRYING to give his wife a multi. Telling her to sit and open wide like it's a doggie treat... "Hon, it's good for you". :p

I'm not trying to get into a debate over which brand of vitamins are better. Just to let you know... I asked someone who majored in nutrition about which vitamins are better "synthetic" or so called "natural", and she told me it doesn't make a difference. You body doesn't know the difference between the two.. it processes them the same.

Now what I've found when you check the labels let's say, Centrum or 1-a-day vs generic store brand, the generic doesn't contain near the amount of vitamins as the brand name. Sometime the serving size isn't the same as the brand name. It pays to read the label and make sure your getting everything you want in the brand you select.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131