over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil, OTH, Oldfella, anyone etc....

rotty

Registered
ever heard of this product? I was looking around online and stumbled upon it. It's called nanogreens 10...here's a link to the site

www.mybiopharmacy.com/sng/sng_default.asp

They aren't a sponsor here but I don't think any of our sponsors carry anything like it so I was wondering if anyone has tried it or heard anything about it. It sounds pretty good and I'm thinking about giving it a try

Never heard of it.........

but it sounds like it could be benificial to those who have trouble eating there veggies. I would be curious as to the absorbtion rate though. If you take a scoop of it how much is being digested and utilized??? Just a thought......

ever heard of this product? I was looking around online and stumbled upon it. It's called nanogreens 10...here's a link to the site

www.mybiopharmacy.com/sng/sng_default.asp

They aren't a sponsor here but I don't think any of our sponsors carry anything like it so I was wondering if anyone has tried it or heard anything about it. It sounds pretty good and I'm thinking about giving it a try
I think we're on the cusp of a whole wave of products like this. They all use sciences that people can barely grasp and the products are so new that nobody has any real-world experience with them. They all have studies and ratings and are 'scientifically proven' to do just about everything for you except wipe your behind. Which, I suspect, is where many of these products will be after you've eaten them. We went from 'milk protein' to 'blended hydrolyzed microfiltered ion-exchange whey protein caseinate isolate'. Not that there isn't merit to some of the newer products like whey protein isolate but you see what happened? Most people understand 'milk protein'. But the rest? Your average person doesn't.

Add to that there are few or no believable studies on the products nor are the products evaluated by any governing body to contain what they say they contain at all!

Rotty, like I said in a previous thread about studies. They can make a product with studies to back it up and everything as easy as 1-2-3. When you decide to try something new, you are taking a risk that your money will be wasted. My opinion, and some may completely disagree, is to stick with the things that have proven themselves to work over time. You really have to ask yourself if your investment is going to give you any notable returns. Well if it prevents you from getting cancer or helps you to fight off the latest pathogen, then sure! It's worth it. But if the effects are marginal or not noticeable at all then it's quite possible your dollars are being flushed down the toilet. And I mean that literally.

I don't know this product or anyone who has used it. Aside from that, it sure SOUNDS great. If you try it, let us know what it does for you!

I don't know about you?

But I enjoy my fruits and veggies..............To have to drink them, yuk!:eek:

But I enjoy my fruits and veggies..............To have to drink them, yuk!:eek:
Tell me about it. It's the only sugar I get. How pathetic is it when broccoli tastes sweet? I've found that putting some green peas in with rice makes it much more palatable. But those peas, hmm... They sure seem to be pretty sweet. Hope it's not too much sugar.

Anyone know offhand what the sugar rating is on frozen peas?

Tell me about it. It's the only sugar I get. How pathetic is it when broccoli tastes sweet? I've found that putting some green peas in with rice makes it much more palatable. But those peas, hmm... They sure seem to be pretty sweet. Hope it's not too much sugar.

I don't know but I do the same thing as you but use corn....3/4 of a cup of corn is 20gr of carbs give or take.....a mere speed bump at best on my bodies metabolic highway if you will.....lol....:D

I don't know but I do the same thing as you but use corn....3/4 of a cup of corn is 20gr of carbs give or take.....a mere speed bump at best on my bodies metabolic highway if you will.....lol....:D
I just looked it up. Peas have one of the lowest GI's of all because of the fiber. only 10% usable carbs and plenty of good fiber 5g's/100gs of peas. Corn is probably similiar (high fiber also)

And quite 'insoluble' I might add... LOL

I just looked it up. Peas have one of the lowest GI's of all because of the fiber. only 10% usable carbs and plenty of good fiber 5g's/100gs of peas. Corn is probably similiar (high fiber also)

And quite 'insoluble' I might add... LOL

Everyday like clockwork I am reminded how insoubule corn is.....LOL...:p

I have a different view on this.

I didn't go through all the claims they have, but, this product is for someone that takes a multivitamin everyday. It is not meant to replace your daily veggies/fruits, it's in addition to. It is also targeted at people on the run, where they might not get their FDA recommended fruit/veggie servings per day and typical american diets lacking proper macros.

These are in essence food based vitamins/minerals and I would venture to say that they are much better than your off the mill vitamin/mineral products that use synthesized versions or substandard ingredients. Of course there a premium associated with such a product. If money were no object, it would be a mute point to me as I would pick food based supplement over any other.

My Gf makes a stew of just beef and peas with a little olive oil, (she is from Italy) and being on low sodium/low sugar, the peas taste both very sweet and the beef very salty to me. Can't help it though, it sounds very simple but is a very appealing dish. I think the damn peas can actually through me out of ketosis pretty easily but I am eating them with a lot of protein and some fat from the olive oil so hopefully it mutes the insulin spike a bit.

Oh yeah sugar is 5g per 80g serving or so. (Half Cup). They say that half the sugar turns into starch within six hours of picking so flash freezing prolly keeps a higher sugar content.

Last edited:
An apple will always be better for you than apple juice... ;)

Phidias makes a point. Frt and veg IMO is always going to be better for you than juices or concentrates, because with the whole food you get the added benefit of fibre, this gets thrown away with many juices and liquids. Also many useful nutrients in the skins of some of the fruits and veg we eat.

In my opinion no pill or powder can replace fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. They have living enzymes, oxygen, and life in them that cannot survive cooking, freezing, or processing. They are the oldest food on the planet and still the best.

I make my own apple juice with a juicer. Love the stuff. Most the apple juice in stores is crap.
I do the same thing but instead of a juicer, I use my iron FIST.

I do the same thing but instead of a juicer, I use my iron FIST.

man.... i sprayed my keyboard when i read that for some reason...

I'd rather eat whole foods myself personally.. I don't even enjoy protein shakes..

but then again.. I can happily live on beef, fish, venison and BEER!

I know fruits and veggies are much better but I run into timing issues with classes all day. Most of my professors don't let us eat during class but I can bring in a protein shake. I was looking at it as a supplement to help when I can't eat whole foods. I eat brocolli everyday. I love it. I was just looking for something better than a MRP or sugar carb to throw in with some protein for a meal during class

I know fruits and veggies are much better but I run into timing issues with classes all day. Most of my professors don't let us eat during class but I can bring in a protein shake. I was looking at it as a supplement to help when I can't eat whole foods. I eat brocolli everyday. I love it. I was just looking for something better than a MRP or sugar carb to throw in with some protein for a meal during class
Well then this would suit your requirements, yes for convienience it is good. As long as you don't rely on it for your real nutrition.

Well then this would suit your requirements, yes for convienience it is good. As long as you don't rely on it for your real nutrition.

No....definitely not as a substitute. My diet/nutrition has been less than I would like since I've gone back to school full time. It's tough to sneak in whole food meals during the day, so I've had to do more protein shakes during the day than I would like but I have to do what I have to do. I would rather get something in than nothing at all. School is the number one priority in my life right now but that doesn't mean I want to kick bodybuilding and health to the curb. If it came down to it, I would sacrifice eating and diet for class but I would rather try and keep it as good as I can while in school and not completely abandon it. I was hoping something like this could help me out while in class

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131