over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Refeed/ high carb day

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I get how this works, but do you guys add fats to help with insulin spike and triglycerides if your already eating minimal fats?

If so, I'm not really sure how many grams of fat to add to each meal.

I`m not sure what your other days look like, but for me a refeed day is meant to replenish glycogen stores that have been depleted all week long. Fat will not do that. Fat does NOT impact insulin at all. The whole week (or days leading up to refeed) will be low carbs (under 50g/day), so obviously the rest of calories is protein and fat. How could a person be low carb AND low fat all week? or Why? In no way am I deficient in fats by time its refeed day. So it is not really needed to add extra fats on "high CARB day". In general keep the fats to a minimum with high carb meals on this day so that process and absorb quickly.

The most recent opinions of 'experts' are a daily refeed is no use. 2 days above maintenance is needed at a minimum to undo some of the negative affects of dieting. Ideally you may need 1 to 4 weeks above maintenance or a diet break.

The most recent opinions of 'experts' are a daily refeed is no use. 2 days above maintenance is needed at a minimum to undo some of the negative affects of dieting. Ideally you may need 1 to 4 weeks above maintenance or a diet break.

The purpose of a one day refeed is much more psychological than physiological. We've seen that with a 24 hour refeed, leptin levels DO spike, but then they drop right back down. So, they're more or less useless for any metabolic spike or any type of hormonal reset. But hey, they're fun and they keep some people sane. And yes, they'll still refill glycogen stores.

If you're maintaining a significant calorie deficit over an extended period of time, periodic diet breaks or refeeds above maintenance for at least a couple days are far more beneficial.

Yes^^^ such as a PSMF (protein sparring modified fast)

What is that exactly???
That’s the first time I’ve heard of that , sounds interesting

When I’m on zero carbs I have one day that my meals will be 25g protein, 75g carbs all day for 7 meals , my daily calories are about the same but lower protein and oly trace fats. Most all carbs are from sweet potatoes and white rice with jelly

I tried this several times this year and liked it better than one or two big cheat meals , gave me zero gastric distress and made me very hungry for the next several days

What is that exactly???
That’s the first time I’ve heard of that , sounds interesting

A good example would be Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss protocol. It's basically protein at maintenance levels (about 1g/lb lbm), with fat and carbs kept to a minimum; generally about 20g or less of each. The diet is generally sustained for about four to six weeks at a time with periodic free meals, refeeds and periods of eating at maintenance calories depending on how lean and active the individual is at any given time.

That's just one example but most follow fairly similar guidelines.

A good example would be Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss protocol. It's basically protein at maintenance levels (about 1g/lb lbm), with fat and carbs kept to a minimum; generally about 20g or less of each. The diet is generally sustained for about four to six weeks at a time with periodic free meals, refeeds and periods of eating at maintenance calories depending on how lean and active the individual is at any given time.

That's just one example but most follow fairly similar guidelines.
Protein is much higher, for instance for me 220lbs it 385 grams of protein. Fats and carbs at 20 grams max each

Protein is much higher, for instance for me 220lbs it 385 grams of protein. Fats and carbs at 20 grams max each

Are low calorie veggies allow with something like this??
Like green beans , spinach , broccoli?

A good example would be Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss protocol. It's basically protein at maintenance levels (about 1g/lb lbm), with fat and carbs kept to a minimum; generally about 20g or less of each.

Good example. Lets give perspective on McDonald, he also recommends stimulants like clen, eca, then use BETA BLOCKERS to control your heart rate while doing PSMF. Maybe that`s to much stims?? Not for me, I value life and my health to much. Some fats, are known as "essential" for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are low calorie veggies allow with something like this??
Like green beans , spinach , broccoli?
Yes I eat veggies on a PSMF just not a lot.

I remember Matt saying that in order to reverse the deceleration of the metabolism in a cutting diet, you should be on a reverse diet, less cardio and without stims, for 2 or 3 weeks. In short, it is an nonsense strategy.

Now, if you need to fill your glycogen to feel better, physically, aesthetically, in training and physiologically, well, that's another story.

Good example. Lets give perspective on McDonald, he also recommends stimulants like clen, eca, then use BETA BLOCKERS to control your heart rate while doing PSMF. Maybe that`s to much stims?? Not for me, I value life and my health to much. Some fats, are known as "essential" for a reason.

He discusses EFAs if you read it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner