over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

(Off Topic) - Flat Screen TV's

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Need some knowledge from the flat screen TV gurus. I was never a fan of Plasma (I have LCD's), looking into LED's now but this tv here is being touted as the best tv Samsung ever made and the last Plasma they will ever make. Should I even bother with plasma or go with LED?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCPGOD4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1R9DCBR078HWB&coliid=I3856WLBU674XU&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Samsung PN51F8500 51-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31071k6XjnL.@@AMEPARAM@@31071k6XjnL[/ame]

I am inclined to pass on the plasma as its soon going to be a thing of the past. I am looking into LED and now I don't know if I should go with a 4k LED or regular LED. The prices are so damn low its silly.

I am considering this one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55F9000-55-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00DV51DTS"]Amazon.com: Samsung UN55F9000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV (2013 Model): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WtxDyrRqL.@@AMEPARAM@@41WtxDyrRqL[/ame] I can get it for $1,359 on another site, new, no tax, free shipping. The 65 inch is just to damn big, my dad has a 65 inch and I find it annoying when I go to his house. The room I am putting the tv in already has a 55 inch and its not a huge room probably 20x15. I don't think I am more than 8-9 feet away from the tv so I think the 55inch suits me right for the room size.

Any thoughts?

LED
Screw 3d
240 refresh rate > 120

I'm not a genius but this is what I know.

Yeah I would agree, 3D tv will be cool at first but will lose it's shine quickly

As far as refresh rate goes, 120 and 240 will be almost identical to 60Hz.

No need to spend extra for a "better" refresh rate.

I have a 3d tv ... Barely use the 3d, only got it bc it was on sale for same price as one without it, that said I also have led and plasma. Plasma looks great it the basement (dark room) but when it was upstairs , reflection was bad. Led is now upstairs and is awesome for a room with a lot of natursl outside ligt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id look into the new vizios they seem pretty B.A.!! Cost affordable and 4k,led....

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

I love my LED. There's not enough 3D content out there to make getting one worth it imho. I think they need a few more years to perfect the tech, too. Anyways, who the hell wants to wear those funky glasses at home to watch it? :cool:

I love my LED. There's not enough 3D content out there to make getting one worth it imho. I think they need a few more years to perfect the tech, too. Anyways, who the hell wants to wear those funky glasses at home to watch it? :cool:

3D is one of those things that never took off like they expected...so I think they are cheaper and not as widely produced as planned. I think it's silly as well to wear glasses at home etc.

Just picked up the Sharp Oquios 80"...Awesome TV
AS an engine that upgrades standard to 4k and 4k to nearly 12,000,000 megapixels....Fits just right in my 25 x 44' room..
Just upgraded my avr and a set of Legacy signature 3 and Phantom surrounds
Rock the House!.

Just picked up the Sharp Oquios 80"...Awesome TV
AS an engine that upgrades standard to 4k and 4k to nearly 12,000,000 megapixels....Fits just right in my 25 x 44' room..
Just upgraded my avr and a set of Legacy signature 3 and Phantom surrounds
Rock the House!.

How much did that cost you

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

There is not enough content out there to warrant getting a 3d tv. I do not see enough content out there to warrant 4k yet either. I would however make sure what ever tv you get Is a smart tv though. Being able to put the network apps on your tv is pretty nice. Hbo go, fox now and the fx apps are great for streaming tv shows

Thanks guys. I see there is a significant savings when one drops the 3d and 4k and just goes with a good 240hz smart LED. Prices kook great even the 60inch.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

How much did that cost you

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

$4000, its 240hz, smart, 3d and 4k without being 4k.
Not bad considering my old 55" projection was $3500.
Now the speakers ! $$$ but with a 10yr warrenty, should be the last ones I ever need to buy!,
Damn winter hobbies.
Glad I stocked the Primo 1st.(gotta have priorities)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I see there is a significant savings when one drops the 3d and 4k and just goes with a good 240hz smart LED. Prices kook great even the 60inch.

Most content won't catch up with 4k for a few years anyway. Wait and buy the 4k when there is more content, cheaper and more refined.

I have decided to go with this beauty:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60F8000-60-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415809605&sr=8-1&keywords=UN60F8000BFXZA"]Amazon.com: Samsung UN60F8000 60-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV (2013 Model): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yF23%2BiD5L.@@AMEPARAM@@51yF23%2BiD5L[/ame]

I want the 3D but can wait on the 4k when its really out there in a few years.

I can get it for $1,365 with no tax and free shipping, IMHO that is dirt cheap. These TV's really have come down in price over the years.

while we are off topic here if you have not heard about sonos check it out. i've grown my audio system over the past few years and absolutely love the sound, quality, and its sexy! i have the sub and sound bar in my living room and the neighbor comes knocking on my door at least once every 2 weeks or so asking me to turn down the bass because it shakes his house. :D

while we are off topic here if you have not heard about sonos check it out. i've grown my audio system over the past few years and absolutely love the sound, quality, and its sexy! i have the sub and sound bar in my living room and the neighbor comes knocking on my door at least once every 2 weeks or so asking me to turn down the bass because it shakes his house. :D

I don't know details of that system but bababooey from Howard Stern show loves it ...I may look into it...my buddy has this amazing Bose system. It sits by the TV and it's not big but it makes it sound like the sound is behind you. It's wicked.

Years ago my wife bought me a dvd player with subwoofer and 4 speakers but I'm looking to take it to the next level with regards to sound.

I don't know details of that system but bababooey from Howard Stern show loves it ...I may look into it...my buddy has this amazing Bose system. It sits by the TV and it's not big but it makes it sound like the sound is behind you. It's wicked.

Years ago my wife bought me a dvd player with subwoofer and 4 speakers but I'm looking to take it to the next level with regards to sound.

definitely check it out. its wireless (minus power cable) which makes it nice and super easy to setup and expand. i have about 6 zones throughout my house all controlled through my tablet or phone. i even have our alarm clock (which is built-in) setup and scares the living piss out of me every morning still. :D

Yo NY go with the Samsung 4k I have it... It's mind blowing!!!

Yeah my buddy says its sick but honestly I doubt I will find many 4k shows/movies. I also watch a ton of blue ray ripped torrents from my phone that I plug into the tv, don't think I will find many of those in 4k.

This is what I bought: **broken link removed**

That site has sick prices, total was only. $1,364.11

Once 4k because the normal I will move this beast to the living room upstairs and get a 4k in the basement. Truth be told I have not bought a new tv in like 6 years. I have 1080p LCD's allover and they suit me well but really wanted a sick tv like the LED samsung.

Dude black friday is right around the corner. There were insane deals on 60" and 70" last year.

Dude black friday is right around the corner. There were insane deals on 60" and 70" last year.

Yeah I know but I never go in person and even the online deals are so so but no tax and shipping will never be found on the big Web sites with all the deals. ie best buy, Walmart etc. So it's probably a wash. I also get all the black Friday ads weeks ahead of time and I haven't seen anything yet unless I want to wait in line for 10 hours for the 1 and only TV in stock...not gonna happen lol

Also anything bigger than 60 inch is way too big for my needs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner