over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Snake Oil?

dewyd

Registered
I asked this question in another thread related to such services, but got no responses, so I will start with a new thread.
The question is relevant to sites that offer services to hide your IP address such as TOR, Hide-the-IP-Address.com, etc.

1] I want to know if anyone has experienced any conflicts with using these services with Internet Security programs already installed on your computer, such as Kaspersky Internet Security?
2] How much these services slow down your computer?
3] And whether these services/sites would/should be considered snake oil, as one person associated with Kaspersky commented?

Any replies appreciated, Thanks.

1. I never had any problems.
2. If your computer is good, not much, if any. But your Internet connection will be slower, but that's normal b/c you're using a proxy.
3. They're free, tor is anyway, so I dont think it'd be snake oil.

FYI, if someone really wants to track your IP address, they can, even if you have some programs like tor.

1. I never had any problems.
2. If your computer is good, not much, if any. But your Internet connection will be slower, but that's normal b/c you're using a proxy.
3. They're free, tor is anyway, so I dont think it'd be snake oil.

FYI, if someone really wants to track your IP address, they can, even if you have some programs like tor.

If as you say if someone really wants to track your IP address they can, even if you have a program such as TOR, Hide-the-IP-Address, etc.
I am confused with that?, as these programs are designed just for that purpose. Can you elaborate how they can do so? I'm not talking Gov. agencies, but just any website or forum.

Example being you visit a web site forum, some Admin who has access to your IP address can identify who you are every time you post. If this Admin has a personal issue with you for whatever personal reason, he/she can if he/she chooses to, interfere with your posts and cause problems for you while he/she is posting unregistered.

I would think a programs such as the ones mentioned above should keep your IP address anonymous...no?

If as you say if someone really wants to track your IP address they can, even if you have a program such as TOR, Hide-the-IP-Address, etc.
I am confused with that?, as these programs are designed just for that purpose. Can you elaborate how they can do so? I'm not talking Gov. agencies, but just any website or forum.

Example being you visit a web site forum, some Admin who has access to your IP address can identify who you are every time you post. If this Admin has a personal issue with you for whatever personal reason, he/she can if he/she chooses to, interfere with your posts and cause problems for you while he/she is posting unregistered.

I would think a programs such as the ones mentioned above should keep your IP address anonymous...no?

maybe Kaiser can explain it better, but here I go.

I was told this a while ago by my boss; there are 5 or something major lines in the US that the internet is distributed threw. So if you do something super illegal they can track you.
I know of a forum where the admin can find your IP even if you use a proxy etc, I don't know how he does it, but he sure can.

I don't know either if other forums can do it like the one I know of can. Maybe Kaiser can chime in

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws