over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strange messages in e-mail

B

babyface4life

When I open hotmail I see 15- 20 messages in the inbox that say " delivery status notification failure and I never sent these out . The e-mail address is a strange one I'm not familiar with , and does this sound like spam ? no one else uses my computer .

I get those from time to time. They are bogus. No one is really using your account. Usually they are nothing more then phishing expeditions for open email accounts. (kaiser can explain it better) But they are bogus. Don't open them, just delete them.

It means that your emails are not getting sent out. I get them from time to time, so maybe one person is having problems /w their email server.

Got one in hushmail from hushmail administrator saying they were cancelling my account due to misuse (forget the wording used). I've never misused the account so I contacted them. Turns out it was a scam and the email wasn't sent from hushmail.

When I open hotmail I see 15- 20 messages in the inbox that say " delivery status notification failure and I never sent these out . The e-mail address is a strange one I'm not familiar with , and does this sound like spam ? no one else uses my computer .
You may have a virus or malware infecting your computer that sends a copy of itself via e-mail to random e-mail addresses...Something to consider.

If you are using a mail program on your computer, like Thunderbird or Outlook (as opposed to using the web interface to get to your email), DaRooster's statement is the most correct. Change the password for your email using Hotmail's website, then run a virus scan on your computer.

Changing the password (and not providing it to your mail client) will prevent the virus from sending emails with your account while you address the infection.

Changing password

If you are using a mail program on your computer, like Thunderbird or Outlook (as opposed to using the web interface to get to your email), DaRooster's statement is the most correct. Change the password for your email using Hotmail's website, then run a virus scan on your computer.

Changing the password (and not providing it to your mail client) will prevent the virus from sending emails with your account while you address the infection.

I changed my password a week ago and the messages stopped. The only problem now is the computer running slow at times or my disc space seems to decrease even when not adding files to it .

Malware

It's malware or spyware that some how got a hold of your e-mail password. Usually from signing in from internet cafes etc. Someone could have installed a 'keylogger' and now is using a program to mass mail (spam) your contact list with junk. As already said change your password and then do some scans to clean up anything left behind.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws