over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Police-IP address-search warrant-no computer QUESTION

Charlie Wax

Banned
Ok
Lets just go with the normal here and say 'my friend'
had his IP address tracked back to him by the police.
There trying to nab him with identity theft because they claim
He made a fake facebook of someone. This gave them the shit needed for a search warrant. Well my friend had neen tipped off ahead of time and knew they where coming.
By the time the search warrant was executed my had his internet account turned off a month prior to the search. Also, after 4 hours of the local and SBI pricks searching his home and an additional hour of threats of
jail and having his child taken away from him (which he laughed at them the entire time because he knew better) the pigs left with no computer because they couldnt find it. My friend told them he sold it and even showed a receipt of the computer being sold 2 months before the search.
Needless to say they had no evidence.
The only thing taken was a universal power cord, an empty delivered priority mail box that had a fake internet company return address on it.
They wanted 2 things...BAD! The laptop and his android phone that is in someone elses name. They didnt find them.
My question is...can they convict someone just using there IP addy and nothing else?
He also had an open, unsecure wifi account at the time the 'identity theft' occured.
All this shit over a silly ass prank using facebook.
Has anyone ever been convicted on those charges alone?
Btw.....to all of those who say hushmail isnt secure...well i beg to differ.
They asked the feds to trace back a hushmail email and they told them it was not possible unless the canadian supreme court judge made hushmail release that info.
Any thoughts? Just think....while 2 local detectives and 2 SBI agents blew 5 hours of OUR tax money looking for a computer over a silly facebook account....there where 15 dealers living within eyes view doing business as usual.
God i hate cops.

The IP thing is questionable. If someone has a wireless router and they dont password protect it, then someone else can use the signal and the IP addy. There would have to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Now remember that cops dont really need a warrant. I dont care what people say, cops do what they want with or without the right.

FYI. If you were actually stealing indenities, I hope you fucking rot in jail. I had mine stolen years ago, and it took me a year to clear it all up.:mad:

No, they cant do anything with what you told me. His getaway car is the unsecure wireless router itself. Him getting rid of everything instead of just scrubbing it, doesnt make him look to good though.

FYI. If you were actually stealing indenities, I hope you fucking rot in jail. I had mine stolen years ago, and it took me a year to clear it all up.:mad:

No bro,
no one stole anyones identity. The cops are trying to charge him
with identity theft just because someone made a fake facebook site
of the person who publically made fun of his 4 yr old child.
This person posted some very bad things you just dont say about children.
No one stold her SS# or anything like that.
I agree, actually stealing someones id is wrong, but using there photo
and telling the truth about the things they have done is payback not identity theft.

No bro,
no one stole anyones identity. The cops are trying to charge him
with identity theft just because someone made a fake facebook site
of the person who publically made fun of his 4 yr old child.

This person posted some very bad things you just dont say about children.
No one stold her SS# or anything like that.
I agree, actually stealing someones id is wrong, but using there photo
and telling the truth about the things they have done is payback not identity theft.

So someone made a "troll" account, unsure if people can face time with that.

Edit: Unless there was threats of violence/harm/endangerment.

Last edited:
No, they cant do anything with what you told me. His getaway car is the unsecure wireless router itself. Him getting rid of everything instead of just scrubbing it, doesnt make him look to good though.

Well to be quiet honest, he did scrub them...then decided to
get rid of them for one simple reason......he didnt want the police
Taking his $500.00 phone, and $1100.00 laptop for God knows how long and
then go through the hell they put you through to get it back.
Who would want a bunch of asshole power hungry pigs looking at
all there personal pics,videos, documents over something this petty?

Also, even if the computer was scrubbed, all computers have there own
Digital'fingerprint' so wouldnt that be what they actually need? If so scrubbing
wont change that would it?

so it is a fact that its identity theft for making a fake myspace, or facebook account? or was there just more to the story it sounds? seems slightly harsh

so it is a fact that its identity theft for making a fake myspace, or facebook account? or was there just more to the story it sounds? seems slightly harsh

No shit, right? I know a bro who makes fake myspace accounts to mess with girls.

Something else must have happen. I have a degree in cyber security currently in the US Army. You can make tons of fake accounts on FB and MS. However when you make one and use someones picture you know and you might "TELL THE TRUTH" about them. Its slander and nothing else. Cops would never show up except to take a statement and hit you with a court date. Which in other words means he is suing you they had other priorities when they came.

How in the world did you find out about a search warrant that wasnt executed for two months afterward?

Just sounds unlikely to me .
They were looking for something else and using that as a way in.
I'd be willing to bet there is a lot more to this story than we/you have been told.

I don't see that the feds would even care about that.Local law enforcement would only bother you if communicated threats toward her.BS charge I know,But that's the world we live in now.I'd put my money on the fact that she told them your doing illegal activities over the net i.e. selling gear etc.Not saying you are,but that would grab the feds attn.That's why they wanted to access your hushmail acct.Your comp has a digital fingerprint.Is it registered in your name?If you were in fact doing any drug activity over the net worth there trouble the most they can get you with is conspiracy which carries usually 5 years fed time if convicted.My advice to you is don't talk on any phones about anything illegal,totally destory your hard drive microwave it and throw it in the lake.lol.

I know kinda serious for my first post.I just joined here.I had an acct here back in 04-05 couldn't remember the password.lol.Anyway, i've been out of the loop for a while.Been a member on outlaw since it began in 04 and meso back when they still had open source forums.

Ok I can't help myself. I'm not sure if the laws in Canada are different than the u.s but this is crap. You are leaving things out. If it's identity theft then he created an account using the name of someone he knew and presented it in a way to cause harm to that person. Harm can mean a lot of things. If that's the case then good. Po po create fake myspace accounts all the time to find out where local parties and drug sales happen so it's not because of a simple Facebook using a fake name or picture. Besides everything you do on a computer can be found if someone wants to find it. Your phone company keeps records of almost anything you do including Internet for a certain amount of time. Check the policy. The ip address is almost enough proof of crime because it's linked to the owner but they have to prove the owner is the user and it's easy to do because we are all creatures of habit but I'm betting there is a lot more to the story than some innocent guy and a fake Facebook account. Po po has better things to do then find that even in small towns.

The IP thing is questionable. If someone has a wireless router and they dont password protect it, then someone else can use the signal and the IP addy. There would have to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. This is really very important.

It's really weird.
They told me that after USA Patriot Act they killed freedom, but this is really sick.
All this mess for a fake profile on facebook? It's really creepy (considering how many fake profiles exist on fb).

I agree with Hotrocks it seems there's far more beyond the surface (I mean maybe cops looked for something else).

Guys, this story may very well be true. I know of an individul who emailed their ex, asking for something that they wanted back. The other party took this seven or eight emails and went to the magistrate to ask about how to get a restraining order. The magistrate wrote chargers for cyber stalking and put out a warrant. I know all of what I wrote to be fact. I went to court many times with the accused party and read through much paper work. As I drove this person to their attorneys' office a few times also, I was able to sit in on discussions over the case. The attorney toldus that in our state, three unwanted emails constitutes cyber stalking. The accuser never even has to tell you to stop emailing or contacting them.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws