over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Virus security

DEADn

Registered
I am wonder about security for computers and if there is a 'best' one to use.

Currently I pay $6.95 a month for Verizon Security suite. It is a love/hate relationship. What I have noticed is it doesn't seem to catch the viruses. I never get any notice that it has quarrantined anything yet when something happened and a virus did something terrible I have been able to call Verzion and then have gone into my computer, played with a few things behind the scenes and everything was good again. Beats taking it to a computer place.

What has proven good for me against viruses is malwarebytes. I run it once a week. IF I do get a virus alert while online I immediately go to the malware program to fish it out. I have yet to see Verizon Security suite alert me to anything.

I also have Ccleaner which I use on ocasion.

A friend told me to get avg it is free and the best out there.

I am wondering if I should save my $7 a month and download avg instead as another back up to viruses.

Anybody have an opinion or any facts on this?

Get KASPERSKY, cheap and you will never have another problem.

Zone Alarm

Get Zone Alarm Pro. it is a great antivirus, anti spyware, firewall, ip changer , it is all in one...

I like Kaspersky. They have one of the fastest turn around times from the time a new virus is posted to the time it's entered into their virus ID library and made available to your computer. But nothing can guarantee you'll be "virus free".

One of the problems is that you have at least four entry points for viruses. Email, web surfing, downloading files and mounting removable drives. And I don't know of any program that guards against infection from all sources with same level of effectiveness. Some programs handle one source better than another and flip over with a different source.

But if you were only dealing with email then I would say Postini is by far the best. And I believe they're $25/year per account.

Last edited:

+1.

And I would invest in the "real time" version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.

I like free stuff and AVG Free | Antivirus Download | Free Virus Protection is the best. Just a tip, you should never run two different anti-virus programs on the same pc. Remove the old one completely before installing the new one.

I agree.
I see people running like 3 antivirus programs at once along with a few antispyware and an additional firewall program.
Its nonsense.
Stick with AVG or Avast.
Nice, fast, free and they dont use up tons of resources so they dont slow down your computer like some other big name antivirus programs.
Like Norton, mcafee etc...

ive got many years in the field. AVG works great and is a light weight app. I worked for a well known security app company as a penetration tester and AVG seemed to be just as good as the rest...again CCLEANr is good but i would always do this:

boot up in safe mode (should tap f8 or so during bios load)
load windows with networking off.
run CCLEANER in safe mode.
run AV in safe mode
run spybot (works well) but only really effective in safe mode.

If you guys know about process injection and rootkits, this is how this crap gets by and attached itself.. otherwise safemode will get all the processes to detach and you have a good scan interface..

let me know if this helps, otherwise everone elses tips should help.

Best Antivirus/Antimalware package HANDS DOWN is Microsoft Security Essentials and its FREE. If anyone says otherwise they either A) Never tried it or B) Are inexperienced in real IT. :yeahthat:

Hi, you can use AVG Anti virus and it is free Virus Protection, before install a new anti virus, remove the old anti virus go to Control panel before installing the new.

Thanks

John

you cant go wrong with avg, if you know how to download using torrents you can find the most updated "security business edition"

using multi anti virus pgms

why do so many posters suggest removing the old antivirus pgms before installing new? is it bcuz too many antivirus pgms slow down computer?

thks

why do so many posters suggest removing the old antivirus pgms before installing new? is it bcuz too many antivirus pgms slow down computer?

thks

No it's because that they absolutely will cause conflicts on your computer, especially firewall issues. You can run one anti-virus with multiple anti-malware programs, such as Microsoft Security Essentials with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware all together.

yes, malware removal is good but when you talk about Trojan's than it is use less.
I am using Mcafee internet security as it provide real time protection, so i don't need to manually perform the scan.

McAfee is one of the most bloated shit programs there is. It misses tons of malware, trojans, and virii. MalwareBytes' (which tackles all 3 isses) real-time protection coupled with a good free anti-virus, is your best line of defense.

Avast by far. Its a all around virus/security program. Ive never had anything happen since ive had it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131