over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you have 4G LTE service?

saps

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just wondering who has this great benefit in their life? Sadly I don't and probably won't till next year some time. But I live between two towns that do and my God in Heaven it blazes. Its basically home internet speeds in your hand anywhere you go. In fact my lady's new Rezound is about as fast down [25mb or so] but even faster [up 3 vs 10] as our cable internet at home. I don't know how they get this kind speed over the air. Kinda makes me think the cable company is holding back the bandwidth which Im sure they are; but hey we live outside city limits so no fiber for us:(
I mean sure wifi can be as fast if you're near it. I suppose as usual I just have small town envy.
But if you got it go ahead and gloat about it :rolleyes:

The new 4g LTE services (Verizon, ATT) are great but they do meter usage. Unlike cable modems where you can download as much as you want the new wireless services give you about 5gb for $50-60 then charge $10 each 1gb after.

Got LTE (Verizon) the day it became available...

Since I had unlimited data prior to any caps, I'm grandfathered and have unlimited LTE!

(Had to throw that part in!)

:headbang:

PS... I pay $20/month for data.

Last edited:
Got LTE (Verizon) the day it became available...

Since I had unlimited data prior to any caps, I'm grandfathered and have unlimited LTE!

(Had to throw that part in!)

:headbang:

PS... I pay $20/month for data.

If you can tether that...It can be shared with the entire house via a bridge lol

Verizon and ATT don't offer "truly" unlimited. Those grandfathered plans often get speed capped. Now, I'm not sure how Verizon is handling that issue with their LTE, but I do know they and ATT will severely speed punish an unlimited 3G account for going over a certain amount of data. ATT just adjusted their speed cap policy to be anything over 3gb.

Last edited:
Verizon and ATT don't offer "truly" unlimited. Those grandfathered plans often get speed capped. Now, I'm not sure how Verizon is handling that issue with their LTE, but I do know they and ATT will severely speed punish an unlimited 3G account for going over a certain amount of data. ATT just adjusted their speed cap policy to be anything over 3gb.

I'm grandfathered, so the below doesn't apply for me. Even if it did, I've never been over 10 gigs, and usually fall between 3-5/month... Doubt I'm in the top 5%.

I have wifi both at home and work, so more often than not I'm not on their data network.

**broken link removed**

Verizon announced some substantial changes to its data plans today, implementing speed throttling for heavy users. According to its statement, the throttling will only take effect if you subscribe to a data plan or feature February 3, 2011 or later. Existing users will be grandfathered into the current policy until making a change to their account. Only the top 5% of data users will be affected by the throttling addition, the majority of users will remain unaffected.

Verizon also discusses a transparent content-remastering feature which will automatically scale images, video, and other data-heavy media to use less bandwidth when being transmitted to your device. This includes such techniques as transcoding video on the fly, which will result in "blockier" video and more JPEG compression artifacts in images.

The optimization technique works via a transparent proxy on port 80. This means the majority of web traffic (intended for viewing on a mobile device or not) will be "optimized". One work-around to avoid this compression would be to host a website on an alternate port such as 8080, which won't be affected.

Additional bandwidth saving techniques will affect the buffering of video, no longer will you be able to load an entire video before playing it; Verizon's optimization system will cache the video on their servers and stream with a small buffer.

AT&T has a similar practice when utilizing their proxy. The key difference being that you can disable AT&T's proxy by simply not using it, while Verizon's implementation is transparent and not controllable by the user.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws