over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A little out of my element

swolls

Registered
A friend of mine is getting ready for her first show. She has gone all the way from 190 down to about 130. This has been about a 3 year time frame. So she is now 10 weeks out and is having a real hard time progressing. She is doing about 20 minutes of cardio a day fasted at 5am. Eating 3-4 meals mixed in with shakes. Sometimes muscle milk or whatever she can pick up on the go.

Meals are usually
Breakfast: cup of oatmeal and a protein shake.

Everything else:chicken and broccoli with some cauliflower.

Shakes:in between meals and after training.

Also she is natural. Now I have competed in the past, but sadly my knowledge on women's bodybuilding and contest prep is very very limited. I do know she needs to add more carbs this far out and cut them weekly but im not sure exactly where to start. She is doing it all on her own now so any advice from you lady vets would be amazing. Thanks so much!

quick stats:
5' 6"
31 years old.

What class is she competing in?

You might want to post pics so members can see what she looks like and how far she has to go.:)

Do you know exactly what her macro nutrient break down is? If she is relying on muscle milk for most of those shakes, she should toss that out and opt for something leaner such as whey isolate. MM is loaded with junk calories such maltodextrin, vegetable oil with trace amts of mct oil.

Also cardio can easy be increase with sticking points. Increase it 5-10 mins each session and see if she starts progressing again.

I'll see if I can snap some pics when I see her later.

I think the problem is, nothing is weight to a T so giving you exact Macros is tough. Also she gets MM or Monster milk when she needs to eat and doesnt have food. I appreciate the feedback but I think i'm going to tell her to just hire someone.

The obvious things I would tell her to do is get a low or no carb protein like ISOpure or the like and weigh out the meat to 5oz. maybe a low GI carb like brown rice with it after training meals and from then on no carbs other then veggies. (broccoli or asparagus)

I'm no guru by any means, so is there a person women on the site hire for contest prep? I just figure it would be better to point her in the right direction then give her shitty advice. Thanks again

I'll see if I can snap some pics when I see her later.

I think the problem is, nothing is weight to a T so giving you exact Macros is tough. Also she gets MM or Monster milk when she needs to eat and doesnt have food. I appreciate the feedback but I think i'm going to tell her to just hire someone.

The obvious things I would tell her to do is get a low or no carb protein like ISOpure or the like and weigh out the meat to 5oz. maybe a low GI carb like brown rice with it after training meals and from then on no carbs other then veggies. (broccoli or asparagus)

I'm no guru by any means, so is there a person women on the site hire for contest prep? I just figure it would be better to point her in the right direction then give her shitty advice. Thanks again

No women trainers here, but some really good trainers who train all types of athletes including women. Of the guys here, IFBB Pro Shelby Starnes is the way to go. He works with lots of female clients, quite a few of them are Nat'l level and a couple are IFBB pro. He has some pictures of them on here in the member photo section if your interested in taking a peek.

His banner is at the bottom of this forum page.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'll see what a consult would run and start there. Much appreciated. From what I have seen Shelby is worth every penny

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws