over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unusual Testosterone Issue

DJPaige

Newbies
Hi all-
First post here. I was scrolling through these pages the other night trying to figure out my testosterone issue, but decided just to post and see if anyone else could figure it out.

As most things in life are, this is complicated. I'll post the basics and then fill in any details. I've been lifting a long time, always 100% natural. I had "female problems" for years though, so my hormones have been external control for 10+ years (I'm early 30s now). Basically I did Lupron followed by Depo Provera and that worked the best for those issues, so I didn't want to mess that up by trying to add anything in on my own. But as you may be aware, those basically take all your endogenous hormones to 0, test included. I asked my doc to add some back in because of my family history of osteoporosis and hey, if it gave me back my libido or had any other positive effects, that's all good too.

Anywho, my PCP apparently screwed up. I say this because when I told the pharmacist here (I moved) what my dose was, he refused to refill my script, and then called my OB, who also refuses to write it. I was on a 1% compounded test gel, 1 gram, 3x a week, so 10mg 3x a week = 30mg. I thought his head was going to explode! I hadn't paid that close attention, so it didn't occur to me that it was so high, because...

I had no effects. Zero. Zilch. None. No changes in skin, hair, sex drive, workouts. Nothing. I'm legitimately trying to figure out if the pharmacist at the last place compounded it wrong or if it's physically possible for me to have no effects from 30mg of test a week.

It's about 3 weeks to my next appointment with a different provider who apparently has a lot of expertise in hormone stuff (although she's a PCP? So who knows) but I thought I should try to figure out what to do to be prepared for whatever she proposes.

Thanks!

blood work...???

:confused:

Unfortunately, no bloodwork. I had a baseline before she started me on the gel, which like I said before, was low, although not as low as in the past when it was literally 0 because it was below range. But because I was moving, she didn't bother to order follow-up bloodwork and neither did my OB here, he just referred me to this PCP. So I got nothing, and since I'm about out of the 90 days of gel originally written, I'll probably be back to my original baseline by my next appointment.

if no blood work to show.....you are fucked and this new doc
WILL NOT give you the same protocol....

so be prepared for ENDLESS doc visits...endless insurance issues...
endless ups and downs with hormones....

moral of the story is.....ALWAYS have bloods done and on file...

:cool:

I have been using a 200 mg/ml topical and applying somewhere less than a tenth of a ml per day which,if I do the math right, equates 70 to 140 mg a week. I did adjust downward because my blood work was high but I don't think 30 mg a week is that out of line. The fact that you haven't seen results could be dependent on a number of things besides the concentration of the compounded medication. When it comes to a compounded topicals, there are several factors that come in to play, such as how it's compounded and where its applied.

Most importantly blood work is the most important tool in determining whats going on. Make sure you ask for copies and understand what they are analyzing for. Many doctors don't understand what blood work they need to run. Most men that get into TRT get on the forum here and gain a lot of information. That might be helpful to you as well.

Not sure where you live but if it's in the northeast at all you might want to consider visiting Dr. Eugene Shipman.

Good luck!!

OK, thanks for the feedback. What I'm hearing is that generally gels may be considered inferior due to product variability. I'll see if I can get an injectible this time considering that I don't want to keep throwing money away on some fancy stuff if it's not actually doing anything. I genuinely need to improve my bone density and the other stuff is window dressing, but if it's not working for one I'm sure it's not doing much for the other either. Will also ask about follow up labs and timing those and see what happens.

Bloodwork results came in today! I was still getting some sputtering pumps out of the 30 mg/week gel protocol. I was at 8ng/dl when I started that, now I'm at 13 ng/dl...so yes, I think there is an absorption issue with that gel.

My new doc wrote me a script for 14 mg/week with a compounding pharmacy where they actually know what they're doing, so the plan is to start there and likely re-draw for levels when I see her again in 3 months.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws