YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those of you with average genetics that stay lean year round - how do you do it?

20sam91

Registered
I see so many guys that do little to no (intense) cardio that stay at 10-12% year round. How do you do it if it's not loading up the turkey baster full of tren / gh / other re-comping drugs? I was skinny fat before I started lifting or eating extremely clean so maybe I just don't have it in me genetically but if you guys have any tips and tricks I'm all ears!

I see so many guys that do little to no (intense) cardio that stay at 10-12% year round. How do you do it if it's not loading up the turkey baster full of tren / gh / other re-comping drugs? I was skinny fat before I started lifting or eating extremely clean so maybe I just don't have it in me genetically but if you guys have any tips and tricks I'm all ears!

its all diet man. the hardest thing is doing this as a hobby and havjng a life once you make money from it you can devote more time if its just a hobby you have to treat it like that.

I can tell you what has helped me but am first to admit I am not an expert on anything and still have gotten over 12% but only after a long lay off. First thing you have to understand is if you have gotten over 12% bf its most likely because you have a issue with food already. Beyond that you have to find a balance or some type of system that works for you and keeps you happy.

allex can say its all carbs because he probably already eats a set amount of protein and fat and adjusts his carbs based on goals. and thats his template

For me, it was(just started bulking again after a few years of staying lean) a matter of always being in a semi diet mode. I would NEVER eat if I wasn't hungry, and I would always allow some degree of hunger before every meal. Also, if you drink alcohol, never ever have any fat with it.

I am almost 40 now but when I was late 20's to mid 30's to me "offseason" was eating clean mon thru Friday but eating whatever I wanted on weekends. I think that simple rule of eating clean weekdays really helped.
-F2S

allex can say its all carbs because he probably already eats a set amount of protein and fat and adjusts his carbs based on goals. and thats his template

I see that you believe that calories are what actually dictates fat accumulation. I don't find this to be true, actually.

Calories are not created equally. If I keep carbs very low, I can go pretty high in calories without getting fat. But if carbs are high, a small surplus will be stored in my belly and love handles.

It's more a matter of glycemic index, insulin spikes and overall metabolism than calories by themselves.

At least that's my experience.

What I do...

Watch the carbs, keep them low/moderate and cycle them. Focus them predominantly peri workout. Read up on mountain dog carbless breakfast.

GH and at times LOW dose T3/T4 combo (Armour thyroid tablets). Optimal levels, not high. Do not just jump on a bunch of T3, you'll just hinder gains or worse, gradually lose muscle. I'd say that's a last resort.

IF from like 8:00pm to 12 noon the next day. I don't do this in gaining phases.

Fasted morning cardio (LISS). I usually lay off this a couple months in the winter and enjoy lean bulking a little.

Last edited:
eat 6 clean meals a day to keep the metabolism up, have 1 to 2 cheat meals a week and really just up the fats a bit on those. enjoy cardio, do it three or more times a week for that sweat , lift three or four times a week and maintain a decent pace, no 10 min breaks in between sets. keep the test levels at optimum, nothing crazy, 120 mg a week . do what arnold says , look at the things you're about to put in your mouth, ask yourself does this move me forward or backwards. don't eat shit that moves you backwards

Don't over eat and only eat when your hungry. When u do this u can have a mix of both clean n not so clean

I eat clean year round. Minus holidays im always on a strict eating schedule. For gaining or dieting. Keep a moderate amount of cardio in at all times. If I feel myself getting too soft I back off the food a bit or employ a small blast/mini diet

5-6 small meals with 500 calories each. I'm
Finding 40/30/30 seems to lean me out quickest. 2,500-3,000 calories wirh my crazy fast metabolism melts fats off. If I don't cheat on my diet I get leaner everyday. For AAS I use low doses of several compounds which causes no noticeable side effects.
8 injects totaling 1,050mg/wk. This is a baby dose for me considering I did 4.5 grams a week year round for many years.
I take GH peptides 2-3 times a day and occasionally HGH.
I load on BCAA's and L-Glutamine.
What I have found is you have to torture yourself to get down to 5% the first time. Once you've attained that level of body fat you will stay lean the rest of your life as long as you eat semi-clean and train consistently.

currently eating super clean, getting divorced, 6th month oh HGH

Mostly diet, and I can't bring myself to train less than 5-6x/wk...often every day which isn't optimal

I eat clean year round. Minus holidays im always on a strict eating schedule. For gaining or dieting. Keep a moderate amount of cardio in at all times. If I feel myself getting too soft I back off the food a bit or employ a small blast/mini diet

I'm with you 100%.... calories will be elevated at times but practically always clean calories.. just my preference... cheats if I cant get the scale to move forward but feel shitty doing so....sprinkle GH in the mix and you'll NEVER lose sight of dem abs

nice thread. G.I have you ever posted a pic on here. I am curious to see how lean you are..

I am curious to see what ALLEX looks like as well.

I see that you believe that calories are what actually dictates fat accumulation. I don't find this to be true, actually.

Calories are not created equally. If I keep carbs very low, I can go pretty high in calories without getting fat. But if carbs are high, a small surplus will be stored in my belly and love handles.

It's more a matter of glycemic index, insulin spikes and overall metabolism than calories by themselves.

i dont know i can say fat is not accumolated over night i think its a longer process. Maybe thats because your fat stores are in those area and hold water on more carbs in that area. But before i continue is low to you below 100carbs?

I think carbs are needed in every diet just like fat and protein the math just makes sense and keeps your body happy so fat is trickled off easier. Any formula will show this unless someone has a sluggish metabolism or is trying to get from 7/8bf% down into show condition .

200lb 12%bf 5'9
burn 300 cal from cardio
burn 200-400cal from weights
say tdee 2400 + 500cal burned =
total 2900
eat 2700 cals
200 deficit

200lb at 12% is 176lbm. 24lb fat mass
max protein is 1.2x lbm - 1.5 x lbm = 211(844kcal)-264(1056kcal)
1856kcal - 1644kcal left
25% fat x 200 = 50 (450kcal)
1406kcal - 1194kcal

thats 350-300 carbs thats alot you could raise fat to 30% but again carbs should be over 100

i see what you mean by gaining but bloat and water are decieving not saying you are not sensitive to carbs at all but for gaining i agree losing i dont

Regardless of genetics (unless you have a medical condition) it's not hard to stay lean all year. Now looking good is a different matter and that's were genetics mainly come into things. It's all about the diet. Sure if you are incapable of eating well most of the week then you will have an issue. Most guys who complain about not being able to get lean are usually just eating the wrong foods and/or quantities. Then comes training and if you train hard you should be burning lots of calories. The key is eating smaller meals throughout the day of nutritious food. Macros is an individual thing but carbs and fat are probably best restricted to an extent but a well balanced diet will usually be best for most.

x2

in the macros game getting away with high carbs/super carbs comes down to super insulin sensitivity.

An individual can be super insulin sensitive just be genetics , just naturally ( eg Strydom) or become with the help from all sorts of ergogenic aids. combination of these two is the gods who diet on super high carbs

but even aceto is on record that even he has to pull carbs really down on his clients to get super sliced and he said if someone is eating high carbs and still cutting it the chemistry doing the job not the body . Now this is public knowledge Aceto doesn't pick average guys as clients so they are the top cream.

I do not believe for average joe they can get away with higher carbs year around and stay lean.

ONLY carbs trigger insulin release > insulin (transporter/storage hormone) > shuttles nutrients as muscle & liver glycogen> leftover goes in storage as adipose tissue.

NOW ONE WOULD BE A JACKPOT WINNER IF THEY STORED EVERY SINGLE CALORIE AS LIVER AND THEN MUSCLE GLYCOGEN !!!

Its bound to go to abs, love handles like Allex said or visceral fat in my case.

Therefore a subject need to keep insulin "Quit" to keep bf down & not on full blast all day long while stuffing their face with high carbs jacking insulin on full blast. Simple.

Last edited:
For me, my problem isn't eating clean, it's restricting calories. That's always been the hardest part of bodybuilding for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws