over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blackeads/large pores?

sam salters

Registered
I have had bad blackheads on my nose and on my face under my eyes since I was like 17 (still fairly young, 26), I have tried the blackhead strips and scrubbing hard and everything else and no luck, I'll try something new for a month or so, get no result and quit it.

My pores are also very large, they are actually visible if you are up close to my face.

Has anyone with bad blackheads/large pores had any success getting rid of them? If so what have you used.

Thanks,
Sam

I used accutane for my pimples. It work wonders!! I know it shrinks pores and that's how it works. So if you have tried scrubs and stripes try accutane. It is serious medication so do your homework on it, but it works like nothing else!!!!

I used accutane for my pimples. It work wonders!! I know it shrinks pores and that's how it works. So if you have tried scrubs and stripes try accutane. It is serious medication so do your homework on it, but it works like nothing else!!!!

Truth! Just stay out of the sun/tanning booths and dont run orals with it. Also wouldn't help to look out for your liver whilst on it. (TUDCA, NAC, ALA, lemon juice and warm water, etc)

Oh...and you only need 20mg a day for 6 months or so. Try not to drink alcohol either.

Thanks guys but I'd rather have blackheads than deal with accutane :banghead:, way too many horror stories with it for it to be worth the benefits in my opinion.

If I had awful acne I would consider it but for blackheads/large pores it seems the side effects would outweigh the benefits

any other suggestions?

Thanks guys but I'd rather have blackheads than deal with accutane :banghead:, way too many horror stories with it for it to be worth the benefits in my opinion.

If I had awful acne I would consider it but for blackheads/large pores it seems the side effects would outweigh the benefits

any other suggestions?

A handful of horror stories vs the millions of people and teens it has cured and made their lives and self confidence better..
Just consider that...and remember doctors were prescribing crazy amounts like 80-160mg a day when 20mg a day for 6mos will do wonders. That equates to far less sides and good looking skin!

I do agree that simple stuff like large pores and blackheads may not be a reason to use it for some.

Accutane. Research it. I'm using now. 40mg day for about 6 weeks. Just dropped to 20mg. I had blood work and my liver vavalues and ldl/hdl were both fine. I take 1800mg NAC (600MG 3Xday). For me it has not shown bad sides and good results.

While lower doses may not be bad I'ts just not worth the risk to me, I know 2 friends personally that developed Chron's disease from accutane and one girl that is 23 and looks 30 because of the wrinkles she got from how much accutane dried out her skin causing her to prematurely age.

I am acne free so it's not like I have any red bumps or anything major to worry about.

On a side note, I think I may have found a cure:
The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin!

I used 1/3 castrol oil + 2/3 grapeseed oil and scrubbed like a madman for 10 minutes, steamed/cleaned as described

Then used Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask for 15 minutes then showered

Then a thin dabbing of Dickerson's witch hazel and gave it a minute to dry then lotioned up well using some Neutrogena face lotion

(Found this whole scenario laid out on a forum for professional models thanks to Google, the link I provided just describes the OCM (first part) in more detail)

AND...

My blackheads and pores are noticeably smaller and clearer after just one treatment. As in the most improvement I have seen in years of trying various OTC products, Rx: Retin A, various pads and face scrubs, etc.

Gonna keep up with it and will let ya'll know how it continues to work

-Sam-

Washing with warm or hot water opens pores. Wash with cold water and you should see an improvement.

I use a rough scrub pad twice daily on my face and it keeps pores clean. Try gel based washed with an anti bacterial agent rather than anything oil based.

Also try to avoid washing throughout the day. This will increase oil production. Just a light rinse with cool water is sufficient.

accutane is not going to clear out blackheads or shrink pores. So many knuckleheads say, anything to do with a skin problem... ACCUTANE! Here`s the truth, that shit needs to come out! Those are clogged pores, like a white head except it is open to the air and oxidizes, turning black. They need to be extracted. Do research and schedule yourself a men`s facial and a place that does lots of them and is not afraid to go at it or hurt you, it all needs to come out. Once the blackhead is out the pore will start to shrink on its own, but chemical peels will also help with shrinking the pore. Scrubbing/exfoliating is not going to fix your problem either.

I use a rough scrub pad twice daily on my face and it keeps pores clean. Try gel based washed with an anti bacterial agent rather than anything oil based.

I have never ever seen an oil based washed

Also try to avoid washing throughout the day. This will increase oil production. Just a light rinse with cool water is sufficient.

Half true, if you over wash AND don`t use a moisturizer you can increase oil production making the acne/skin worse. Not all moisturizers are the same either.

accutane is not going to clear out blackheads or shrink pores. So many knuckleheads say, anything to do with a skin problem... ACCUTANE! Here`s the truth, that shit needs to come out! Those are clogged pores, like a white head except it is open to the air and oxidizes, turning black. They need to be extracted. Do research and schedule yourself a men`s facial and a place that does lots of them and is not afraid to go at it or hurt you, it all needs to come out. Once the blackhead is out the pore will start to shrink on its own, but chemical peels will also help with shrinking the pore. Scrubbing/exfoliating is not going to fix your problem either.

Accutane excretes all the oil out of your pores. It pretty much forces it all out which is why it gets worse at first. AND your pores shrink. Have you ever even used accutane bro?

Accutane excretes all the oil out of your pores. It pretty much forces it all out which is why it gets worse at first. AND your pores shrink. Have you ever even used accutane bro?

Yes I used it for 2-3 weeks a long time ago. Irregardless, I know how it works. It basically shuts off your sebaceous glands, stops them from producing oil and dries out your skin. It does NOT force anything out of your pores. If there is dried, oxidized build up (black heads) which are stretching the pore, stopping oil production by using accutane is not doing anything for the build up in place except, to stop more from building up.

It does not force blackheads out...but it does make your pores excrete and oil and bring things out to a head when you first start. You would have to get the black and white heads yourself..

Again, your pores absolutely shrink in size when using it for a few months.

So much bad answers ITT.

High dose vitamin B5

Nuff said.

Yeah, Do you even 'tane, bro? :p

Truth! Just stay out of the sun/tanning booths and dont run orals with it. Also wouldn't help to look out for your liver whilst on it. (TUDCA, NAC, ALA, lemon juice and warm water, etc)

Oh...and you only need 20mg a day for 6 months or so. Try not to drink alcohol either.

I think that last point should be stressed. My acne flares up BIG TIME whenever I drink more than just occasionally.

Wash with Acne Annihilator by board sponsor Platinum Labz. Its prefect for this.

Lol... I have been trying but their customer service sucks... Not to mention they're very hard to get ahold of. I was supposed to get a bottle 4 to 6 weeks ago.... Still waiting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

i took high dose accutane for 6 months in high school and ever since then I hardly break out. i dont know if it gave me any longterm side effects though...its a very powerful medication:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear