YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1-AD questions and questions about hair loss. LONG POST.

PoweradeDDS

Newbies
New member here and this is my first post. I used to take 1-AD as a junior in high school, back in 2002. I remember GNC used to sell the product in a yellow tint container with 60 capsules or so. They recommended taking 3 tablets/day to see results. If I recall correctly, I think I only purchased 2 containers and stopped.

Anyways, I graduated high school and started college. I noticed my hair thinning at the temples in 2005 or so. It's 12 years later, since taking 1-AD, and my temples have receded a good amount and there is diffuse thinning through the top of the scalp and crown.

I have a feeling that taking the 1-AD is causing this. I've been doing research, but wanted to clarify and get the proper answer.

+ 1-AD gets converted to 1-Test, which is aka dihydroboldenone via 5a-reductase mechanism. Propecia/Finasteride can work here.
+ 1-Test gets converted to DHT via some unknown pathway, where Propecia/Finasteride won't work.

However, can't P/F be effective for the first statement? I know that steroids have their side effects of acne, gyno, etc etc, but the side effect of male pattern baldness - would it still persist after over a decade of no use?

I'm currently using minoxidil 5% foam, and going to start back up on nizoral 2% shampoo. Was thinking of using a spironolactone cream on the scalp. In addition, using the RU58861 compound, since it seems to be an irreversible competitor for DHT.

seems to me the 1-ad just kick started what would of happened at some point in Ur life anyway. doubt that's why ur still losing hair today. stay away from finasteride man. Really didn't do much to help/stop hair loss and it made me feel like shit.

seems to me the 1-ad just kick started what would of happened at some point in Ur life anyway. doubt that's why ur still losing hair today. stay away from finasteride man. Really didn't do much to help/stop hair loss and it made me feel like shit.

Thanks for posting. I'm just losing my mind. I hate seeing my head shed away little by little. I was talking to this attractive girl yesterday, and I could just see that everytime I was talking to her, she was looking at my hairline or so.

It's really frustrating.

very doubtful

At a few months shy of 48 y/o I have as much hair on my cashew, as my 18 y/o son does :D

I was one of the first to run 1-AD for Patrick Arnold(personal friend of mine) when he first came out with it,I was taking 12-15 caps a day for months on end, I had pretty much an endless supply of all his products.

Though the metabolism of 1-AD >1 Test > too a small fraction of a metabolite of DHT, the significance of hair loss on 300 mg of 1-AD for the short period of time you took it, IMO is unlikely to have any lingering effects 10 years later.

Have you taking any other PH/DS in the last 10 years?

You want a definite answer,head over too PHF and ask Patrick.

At a few months shy of 48 y/o I have as much hair on my cashew, as my 18 y/o son does :D

I was one of the first to run 1-AD for Patrick Arnold(personal friend of mine) when he first came out with it,I was taking 12-15 caps a day for months on end, I had pretty much an endless supply of all his products.

Though the metabolism of 1-AD >1 Test > too a small fraction of a metabolite of DHT, the significance of hair loss on 300 mg of 1-AD for the short period of time you took it, IMO is unlikely to have any lingering effects 10 years later.

Have you taking any other PH/DS in the last 10 years?

You want a definite answer,head over too PHF and ask Patrick.

Thanks for the response. Nope, haven't taken any other prohormones after that time. Only other supplements that I did take during that time was creatine, but only took that for about 6 months. Starting senior year, only took protein powder supplements and till this day still do.

My theory is that, malnutrition could be the cause. I've been taking adderall for the past 2 years while in graduate school. This completely suppresses my appetite to where I only eat once or twice a day, RARELY 3 times. Just want to see how I could potentially find this as the underlying cause.

I own a supplement store, I also work with many medical patients. Hair loss is VERY common with lack of protein intake. Forget the heavy supps, take a few protein shakes a day on top of your food, and take a good multi. Hair loss is obviously in your genetics but you could slow it up.

Androgens can definately kick start your biological hair loss clock. It's sad that a lot of young guys learn that they are destined to go bald after they have bad hairloss from using AAS. Just remember, no one gives a shit that you're balding other than you...

I own a supplement store, I also work with many medical patients. Hair loss is VERY common with lack of protein intake. Forget the heavy supps, take a few protein shakes a day on top of your food, and take a good multi. Hair loss is obviously in your genetics but you could slow it up.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, going to start this tonight. Got myself a tub of ON whey protein

Androgens can definately kick start your biological hair loss clock. It's sad that a lot of young guys learn that they are destined to go bald after they have bad hairloss from using AAS. Just remember, no one gives a shit that you're balding other than you...

You must not be losing hair, otherwise you wouldn't make a statement like that. I'm no Brad Pitt or Jack Black, but after the years of losing/thinning hair it's surely played a role in the amount of women I'm able to attract.

Fortunately, I've lost around 40lbs since I was taking adderall, and that was able to offset the shedding hair, but I'd take weight > hair loss anytime of the day.

Looking for the same answers here as I am concerned about hair loss as well. Looking for pro-hormones that do NOT cause hair loss.

P/F is bad and can cause perm problems. I quit a few months ago.

Azelic Acid is a topical DHT blocker. Started trying it, but not sure if its working.

You think that was a long post? You haven't seen any of mine :D

I use rogain foam, I started using it about 4 months ago and my hair is thicker and it grows like a weed. It thinned somewhat since I was younger, but I've been using AS for over 10 years, now it's thicker than it was and I see and my GF see the difference. It might slow loss down for you, even though they say it doesn't stop a receding hair line. My hairline isn't what it was when I was 18, but the foam has given my scalp new life. Just stick with it, buy the generic version at SAMS club too, it's cheap and works. Its worth a try.

would it still persist after over a decade of no use?

No, it's not contributing to your hairloss today. Whether it kick-started it is anyone's guess

I'm currently using minoxidil 5% foam, and going to start back up on nizoral 2% shampoo. Was thinking of using a spironolactone cream on the scalp. In addition, using the RU58861 compound, since it seems to be an irreversible competitor for DHT.

Those are all good treatments as well as finasteride/dutasteride. Dr. Proctor has some good products as well.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws