over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

carbing up and down

balplayer

Banned
can somone elaborate on this process during the last days of contest preperation? ive got the diuretics down but i need to get this concept down as well, thanks guys

This is totally individual just like diuretics.
Wyldone is best for answering this as he trains so many chamions and pros he can tell you in general how to do it and then tailor it to your individual needs.

sounds good. from what little ive gathered already i think maybe you deplete yourself for a couple of days and then carb up to look real full the days right before contest? and would these carbs be in the form of pasta?

i was told by a national level guy not to delplete and carb load. he said you can carb load but if you deplete first you either look perfect 5% of the time or off 95% of the time. i am not sure what i am doing for my first show yet. considering it is in 5 weeks.

balplayer get with me after jr.'s!

I'll walk you thrue carb depleation and carb loading as it is a science to custom tailor it to fit everyone's individual needs but the process is basic as you want to deplete the mon,tuesday and wensday before the show to depelate the glycogen from your body then you slowly carb load with low-glycemic complex carbs(ie yams,sweet potatoes,yellow gold finnish,baby red potatoes,oatmeal,ect....) as you start depleating your water as this will keep you full and dry without the possibility of spilling over. nothing but dry carbs the night before and you add in high-maldextrose carbs along with simple sugars the morning of pre-judge. in a nutshell that is it in its simplest form!LOL best wishes wyldeone.

some will tell you to carb deplete for up to seven days, ( I prefer about five) and some may tell you to load for four (I prefer about 2 and a half). Your bodies response to carbs is best known by you alone, do you get a good pump after a high carb meal, and how many carbs do you need to achieve the good pump.
The best thing is to trial a couple of times when you are well out from contest time, so it doesn't adversly affect your diet. When loading a good rule is to sip water with carbs on the last day when you may be cutting water from your intake.
I once carbed up only 24 hours and had no response and felt flat, tired, and weak onstage, it had no adverse effect on my details but had no positive effect either.

If you can track down a book called "shredded" by Negrita Jade and Bill Dobbins it is very good for pre contest. It is about ten years old so some supplement info is out of date but the pre contest info for the final week is priceless.

Good luck

Re: balplayer get with me after jr.'s!

wyldeone said:
. . . nothing but dry carbs the night before and you add in high-maldextrose carbs along with simple sugars the morning of pre-judge.
I don't mean to sound ignorant (as maybe I am), but what do you classify as "dry" carbs???

xcelbeyond

yes in some other terms please. yeah im not to sharp

unclean

I have the book "sliced" by those same two authors. Is the book you're talking about a newer edition or and older one? Maybe the same book?

im going to look for that book tomorrow

Can someone help here?

wyldeone said:
nothing but dry carbs the night before and you add in high-maldextrose carbs along with simple sugars the morning of pre-judge. in a nutshell that is it in its simplest form!LOL best wishes wyldeone.
What are "dry carbs" that wyldeone is referring to?

xcel

Re: Can someone help here?

xcelbeyond said:

What are "dry carbs" that wyldeone is referring to?

xcel

Dry carbs are the ones that generally don't hold much water - yams, boiled rice, etc. Wet carbs are the ones that hold a lot of water like pasta.

Thanks for comin' through again bro! Would oats be considered dry?

xcel

xcelbeyond said:
Thanks for comin' through again bro! Would oats be considered dry?

xcel

Generally yes. But I don't because they make me hold water.

I hit ZERO carbohydrates on sunday, mon, tues, wed, thursday and during the day friday. Start carbing up friday night (5pm). By carbing up, I mean CARBING UP and eating so much you think you're gonna puke or your jaw will cramp. Satuday morning is nothing but apple pie filling, doughnuts and wine.

I would usually do Thursday, Friday sat morn carb load but sometimes will include wednesday night. I am usually just listening to my body , as couple others have said have sample run out of competition and see how your body reacts gauge it from there

kiwi

I plan on doing this before I take my pics - well you may end up critiqueing a "flat" xcel :D

xcel

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner