over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coming back after 30 month lay off

JW87

Registered
Hi guys,

Been frequenting the PM forums for a number of years mainly just reading and learning rather than contributing with my limited knowledge outside of what is already here.

Long story short I spent the best part of 6 years training, first part naturally and then working with a coach using AAS and a number of other things.
My stats at my biggest prior to crashing off everything - I'll explain shortly, were, 6ft 1" 245lbs with a little fluff around the edges but still lean (not contest condition).

So skip forwards, my partner and I wanted a child - we have a 3 year old boy now. So I decided to come off gear.. cold turkey and at the same time lost interest in pretty much everything, so my 7 solid meals a day and 3 shakes, pre, intra and post went down to about 1 meal at best and just generally eating crap but not a lot of it - it was nice just not to eat for a change. I also stopped training completely. This was around 3 years ago, my weight over time dropped from 245lbs to 190lbs. My testestorone never recovered, it fluctuated between 2nmol and 9nmol (UK units), but my fertility did. I do have varicocele's which are being fixed later this month which may increase natural output possibly. But considering when I started lifting weights aged 18 I was 126lbs soaking wet I imagine that testosterone was probably always a bit crap!

Anyway the point of my post is to ask any guys that have decided to get back into bodybuilding after a lay off, how I could expect to respond? I know everyone is different but I have just started back on cycle around 2 weeks ago, test and deca to start with to keep it simple. I did used to run insulin and GH when working with my coach but am unsure whether to add this at this stage or not. My diet is back to what it was previously with the overall caloric intake adjusted to suit my current weight.

Regarding muscle memory and getting back to my old weight, how long would some of the more knowledegable guys expect this to take, assuming diet and training is on point obviously? I was hoping that 6 months or so wasn't too overly ambitous.

Thanks and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Was in a similar situation a few months ago. I spent a good 8 months or more natural, getting back to a good spot. You might need a trt dose, or try and pct first and see what happens.. there's guys here that will have much better ideas and "how to" here on that front. I know your on Deca , but maybe just see what happens with trt only.

The gh will only help..I'd stay away from the sling, no need to play all your cards at once. Be waistful for a rebound, same really for the nandrolone.

After I felt I was in a good spot I began a cycle, and I was able to get bigger than I ever was able to before. Turns out a least half my stuff was fake too.

Don't hurt yourself, train hard and smart.

Good luck

Was in a similar situation a few months ago. I spent a good 8 months or more natural, getting back to a good spot. You might need a trt dose, or try and pct first and see what happens.. there's guys here that will have much better ideas and "how to" here on that front. I know your on Deca , but maybe just see what happens with trt only.

The gh will only help..I'd stay away from the sling, no need to play all your cards at once. Be waistful for a rebound, same really for the nandrolone.

After I felt I was in a good spot I began a cycle, and I was able to get bigger than I ever was able to before. Turns out a least half my stuff was fake too.

Don't hurt yourself, train hard and smart.

Good luck

Thanks dude, forgot to mention I ran power PCT twice during the off period LH and FSH returned to normal levels but test remained low. The only reason I came off in the first place was to concieve, we were planning another baby for around now but both of our work priorities changed so we will be waiting for another few years now hence the 'getting back on cycle'.

I did think about TRT but seeing as I want to get back to where I was I figured if I am going to be shut down, then I may as well maximise the time on as I will no doubtly cruise and blast for the next 18 months before we have another baby.

Well for the baby making portion, have you thought about HMB? Also you might be surprised how many folks have had kids while on. I really would advocate just the trt dose. Your not leaving yourself enough "space." Where are you going to go from test and Deca? Higher doses? More compounds?If your set on the deca, plenty of folks do a trt with both test & Npp for joints. You have the muscle memory, especially if you sat at a weight for a while, let your body rebound then give it a nudge

no need for a cycle at all, prob gas out faster by adding aas too soon.

100-200mg test week will take you super far just that with a better diet and going to the gym should have you looking like a different person in 2 months.

just keep things in a constant state of progression. start with no wieghts and add wieght slowly so you dont get hurt. adding aas too ealry will also increase risk of injury.

to keep moving forward for a year solid just make small changes... 200mgs test.. slowly up it to 300, then lower it by 100mgs or so and add a compound like mast at 100mgs or so wk... ride that out up it to 200... ride that out... lower one part and add in something like npp at 100mgs or so. over the course of a year do that with test, mast, npp and gh or peptides and if you previously put the work in it should show in a profound way without ever going over 600mgs aas/wk:lightbulb:

:welcome:

I just got back into the gym after 8 months off due to a health issue. I am 5 months back in now and just doing 5 mg cyp every other day, basically trt, and still progressing. I'm not quite back to where I was but getting close. You'll be surprised what muscle memory can do. Then you'll have more room as someone else posted, to add more. You can probably wind up better than ever with less drugs.

I just got back into the gym after 8 months off due to a health issue. I am 5 months back in now and just doing 5 mg cyp every other day, basically trt, and still progressing. I'm not quite back to where I was but getting close. You'll be surprised what muscle memory can do. Then you'll have more room as someone else posted, to add more. You can probably wind up better than ever with less drugs.

I agree. I was off for a while. Got the bug for competing again. The first thing I realized when I know I am competing is that my motivation and intensity are at complete different levels. When I am not competing I simply have no motivation. Muscle memory is also a amazing. After just a few months my muscle fullness began to come back.

I agree. I was off for a while. Got the bug for competing again. The first thing I realized when I know I am competing is that my motivation and intensity are at complete different levels. When I am not competing I simply have no motivation. Muscle memory is also a amazing. After just a few months my muscle fullness began to come back.

if you previously put the time in its crazy how fast things come back, no?

i was out for an easy 8 months and im literally changin by the day. lol :eek::headbang:

just finished my first week back and first time stable/slightly higher trt dose.

voodooo:D

I like the idea of 150 mg-200 mg test a week. After that consistency and eating the right foods will have you looking and feeling like a champ in less than a 2 months. Just stay with it. You can add the Deca later, but like the others have mentioned, you risk injury.

Thanks for all the advice guys, its been around 10 days so far and just from getting back on the diet and training hard I've gained 14lbs.

Embarrassing gym moment the other day with deadlifts, tried to pull a weight that used to be pretty easy for me and got it about 5 inches off the floor and began to shake irratically before putting it back down again. :cool:

Im just getting back after an near 4 yr layoff myself. I guess much of it would depend on how far out of shape you might be. I was in pretty bad shape.. :( Im 4 months back now with still more to go. I made excellent progress during this time (test only). The first 3 months I was seeing inches lost consistently with barely any coming from the scale. I guess ive recovered as much LBM that Im going too on this calorie deficit at this point. Id rather continue gaining LBM but its nice to see the scale consistently decline each week now. Just to point out you lost a lot of overall weight where as I just sort of lost lbm and gained it in fat.

Last edited:
Im just getting back after an near 4 yr layoff myself. I guess much of it would depend on how far out of shape you might be. I was in pretty bad shape.. :( Im 4 months back now with still more to go. I made excellent progress during this time (test only). The first 3 months I was seeing inches lost consistently with barely any coming from the scale. I guess ive recovered as much LBM that Im going too on this calorie deficit at this point. Id rather continue gaining LBM but its nice to see the scale consistently decline each week now. Just to point out you lost a lot of overall weight where as I just sort of lost lbm and gained it in fat.

Thats great dude, keep at it. Personally I started as a hard gainer so when i stopped I just lost weight but if anything I am probably leaner now than I was before - my body doesn't store excess fat all that easily. Its strange as when I train in the gym my body temporarily pumps up and starts to look like it used to - just a bit smaller obviously but within a few hours of leaving it shrinks back down a bit like a deflated balloon lol!

I'll give it six months of consistency and see where we are and then hopefully drop the hammer and go full bore with AAS, growth and insulin possibly.

Ive been in those shoes and have found that focusing on compound movements and diet helps to get back to where you were. Although others may advise against it, I find a little aas motivating to get back into things. Without aas, within 6 months you should be pretty close to your prior condition, thats been my experience at least. Fascia has been stretched...etc.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws