YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fact or Fiction: Does Proviron UPREGULATE the androgen receptors?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Simply stated..
I cannot find something that says one way or another if it does or not. I have been told it does and does so better than masteron. Thoughts? Am I being fed a load of bs?

For the record I have run proviron prob 4 of the last 6 yrs...

This is a rediculous question!! Whenever you take any gear at all you upregulate your receptors. Down regulation is a stupid myth

Simply stated..
I cannot find something that says one way or another if it does or not. I have been told it does and does so better than masteron. Thoughts? Am I being fed a load of bs?

For the record I have run proviron prob 4 of the last 6 yrs...

I think what you MEAN to ask is if it BINDS TO SHBG and therefore increases FREE testosterone to interact with the androgen receptor. ;)

YES, Proviron does this remarkably well.

This is a rediculous question!! Whenever you take any gear at all you upregulate your receptors. Down regulation is a stupid myth

I don't think it's a ridiculous question. He was told something...researched it and couldn't find a pro or con to support it. So, he asked the question. Isn't that what this forum is for? He's obviously not a beginner as he's been taking it for 4+ years. I've read posts that support down regulation and up regulation. Logically, it makes more sense to believe in AAS use causing down regulation as there does appear to be a point of diminishing returns in any cycle. So, what do some people do? Keeping adding more....and more. Does that sound like up regulation?

I do not believe I have found any conclusive definitive literature to prove claims such as up-regulation.

L-carnitine supposedly does this

Estrogen does this

Remember Methandriol Di-Propionate? IT "did this" due to estrogen conversion.

DHEA supposedly does this.....

The point is -- use PROVIRON for the simple fact that dosed high -- the stuff hardens up your muscles and erections, also lowers estrogen.

-FF

**broken link removed**

I guess u r right things aren't completely understood yet...

I think what you MEAN to ask is if it BINDS TO SHBG and therefore increases FREE testosterone to interact with the androgen receptor. ;)

No, Ross. Im fully fucking aware of this which is why I have been using it 4 of the last 6 years. If I meant to ask that I would have asked it.:rolleyes:
Don't talk down to people and if you do, make sure you know more than them.

I do not believe I have found any conclusive definitive literature to prove claims such as up-regulation.

Estrogen does this

The point is -- use PROVIRON for the simple fact that dosed high -- the stuff hardens up your muscles and erections, also lowers estrogen.

-FF

I always run 50mg but see results with as little as 25. What is high? 75? 100? Ive run 75 pre Olympia booth working the event and 100 the last week before a show.

FF, If you were going to run high NPP..moderate to high test...and some blue hearts with some rips and some log, would you choose proviron or masteron. And why? (this is obv. on a bulk)

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

I guess u r right things aren't completely understood yet...

I've seen this article. Brian Haycock also has a good article on this. So, the article tells us one thing but our bodies tell us another. I haven't seen a study that tracks prolonged use. Maybe it has nothing to do with AR Regulation and another mechanism is at play in the form of an antagonist.

No, Ross. Im fully fucking aware of this which is why I have been using it 4 of the last 6 years. If I meant to ask that I would have asked it.:rolleyes:

In that case, go grab some L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate, which has been proven to increase androgen receptors. :lightbulb:

Turns out SHBG is actually an active transport system, so things that bind to it actually are actually MORE active than free testosterone. Higher SHBG has a positive effect on growth...

Lol kaladryn from outta nowhere! Shit! Is that so? Damn now what

Lol kaladryn from outta nowhere! Shit! Is that so? Damn now what

Kaladryn actually right from stuff I have read....

If you can get legit masteron -- I would prefer that over proviron, simply because masteron is actually 'anabolic' and could build some tissue in the process of also hardening you up like a piece of granite.

-FF

Estrogen does this

-FF

Yeah I remember methandriol Dipropionate and Methandriol. I used in cycles
back in the day and noticed it seemed to make a difference in effectiveness
of a cycle. I really like proviron especially on lower test eq cycles.
thanks, T

Kaladryn..if you read this..would you never use something like proviron?
What about mast?

Great info on SHBG

Turns out SHBG is actually an active transport system, so things that bind to it actually are actually MORE active than free testosterone. Higher SHBG has a positive effect on growth...

Please expand on the above...

Kaladryn..if you read this..would you never use something like proviron?
What about mast?

Great info on SHBG

What they discovered was a receptor on the outside of cells for the combination of SHBG with testosterone attached (most hormones are thought to passively cross the membrane into cells). They also discovered that SHBG actually modifies exactly what message that hormone ends up giving to the Androgen Receptor (which is located inside the cell).

From experience, we know that things that bind easily to SHBG have a positive effect (proviron, mast, basically anything DHT like). What we THOUGHT was happening was increased free testosterone having a positive effect, what was probably ACTUALLY happening was the more powerful DHT based hormone (DHT has almost 2x the affinity for the AR as test) was transported into the cell and having a more positive effect than test.

We actually USED to think that the more powerful DHT based steroid was binding to SHBG and freeing up the WEAKER testosterone, it doesn't even make sense that this would lead to more positive result. BUT, what is probably actually happening is that the stronger DHT based steroid is binding to SHBG instead of the weaker testosterone, and thus having a stronger effect once it is transported into the cell.

I'm not suggesting Proviron or Masteron don't work, because they do, I just don't think they operate the way we thought they did. And if you think about it, it doesn't even make sense the way we thought about it, because we know that DHT has a much higher affinity for the AR than testosterone.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws