over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you cook your potatoes

boomersooner

Newbies
I've been doing either baked or boiled and mashed with no butter for a while. Switched to baked sweet potatoes recently. What are some good ways that you guys cook up your potatoes?

micro wave (for time savings) add green onion and spray butter (i cant believe it not butter) let green oinion cook for a few min's.

Two meals a day of mine are sweet potatoes. You simply cut and clean them, I always weigh mine out around 8 ounces. I then stab a bunch of holes in it to let the steam out when cooking. Put it in the microwave for 5 minutes for an 8 ounce potato. when it is done i take it out and I can mash it with my fork it just crumbles and melts. Very easy and tasty.

I just nuke them and then put a little pepper, olive oil, and vinegar on top.

Dice them up and cook them in a cast iron skillet with EVOO salt and pepper until tender then add in garlic depending on the amount the last 30 seconds then remove from heat, the garlic will taste bitter if you cook any longer than 30 seconds.

I've done them any way imaginable! My favorite is to cut them into cubes and lay them out on a baking sheet with foil on it to avoid having to wash the pan. Then lightly spray them with some canola oil or cooking spray just to give the seasoning something to stick to. You can season them with whatever you'd like after you spray them. I've done this with red potatoes and sweet potatoes. I also sometimes boil my red potatoes and then mash them up and season them. Lately I've just been getting lazy and putting them in the microwave. Go to the popcorn section at the grocery store and get some of the kernels seasonings. They taste amazing on potatoes! OP where are you from? I saw boomer sooner under your name and I'm from OKC and went to OU for my undergrad!

-cube them up and pan fry them with olive oil and garlic salt
(Really enjoy this when chicken is cut in pieces as well throw some ketchup and shredded cheese and your good)
-nuke em(only done sweet potatoes)
-bake them(I like doing this with the baby reds because it's easier to portion)

-cube them up and pan fry them with olive oil and garlic salt

(Really enjoy this when chicken is cut in pieces as well throw some ketchup and shredded cheese and your good)

-nuke em(only done sweet potatoes)

-bake them(I like doing this with the baby reds because it's easier to portion)

I do something similar and add scrambled egg on top...

I do something similar and add scrambled egg on top...

Good call on the scrambled egg.

I nuke sweet potatoes and add some butter and brown sugar when not dieting when dieting nuke em and eat them plain.

My boring ass just usually just nukes them. Now, after reading the way some of you prepare them, Im on a mission. Going to try the baking sheet with evoo & the cubing idea with the egg. Love my sweet potatoes!

My wife cooks everyday for me. She makes potatoes mostly every meal. I swear she comes up with some ingenious ways to cook them. I will share to of my favorite ways.

The first way is she will put ground beef, parsley, garlic, olive oil, eggs, potatoes and cook like a casserole in the oven. She sprinkles cheese on the end for that extra taste. This is one of my favorite meals.

The other way is she take brocolli and potatoes together. Add olive oil and some garlic and cook like above.

Put a paper towel around it, wet it, and pop in microwave. Oh yeah pop holes in it with a fork first.

Poke holes in the potato. Then place it in a small ziplock bag. The nuke it with the bag left open

Put a paper towel around it, wet it, and pop in microwave. Oh yeah pop holes in it with a fork first.

Ah ha, just like me..the lazy ass method.:D

either simmer or bake them. Usually bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Then pass through a food mill or tammie or ricer. Gives the best consistency. Then add some milk and roasted garlic. sOOOO Good! Make sure to not overmix them too or they will have the consistency of paste or glue and won't have a proper melt in your mouth, mouth feel. Nothing worse than pasty/gluey potatoes.

for a sweet potato mash, add some milk or even cream, allspice, nutmeg, and brown sugar for some awesomeness! light on the allspice and nutmeg though, just want to be able to know its there, not blast your tastebuds to the moon lol! The brown sugar is also optional. And if you really want to go the extra mile, put some toasted pecans on top of that!! Oh yea:headbang:

Microwave. I work 12 hour overnight shifts but can still get a solid 4 meals in while at work. Washing and bringing a sweet potatoe or two to work to microwave at meal time is just convenient for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131