over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cooking juicy sirloin and chicken breast

Slowmoe

Registered
Any tips on how to cook sirloin and chicken breast to make it juicy and reduce the need for condiments? I'm not the best cook and mine always seems to come out dry...

I notice that if I tenderize the meat with a mechanical meat tenderizer and marinate it for a day or so that it comes out much better. If you don't have the time to do that I found that simply putting marinade on it while on the grill helps some but it still isn't as good.

This is like what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Tenderizer-S...prefix=meat+tender,aps,145&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

All of those little holes helps the liquid seep into the meat and get absorbed, increase surface area for absorption as well as break up some of the tough fibers and make it more tender and easier to chew.

Another thing is don't cook it over too hot of a temperature, slow and easy works best I think.

Last edited:
I cook my chicken like steak, at a very high temp on the grill. You have to constantly flip it over so it doesnt burn or over cook, and cooks evenly through. but comes out very juicy. Thats the best way ive found, or smoking it comes out great as well

Cook chicken at 375 until internal temp hits 165 and pull
Steak cook at 225 until internal temp 105 - pull- crank too 600-700 and sear for 1-2 mins a side and pull

Enjoy

https://imgur.com/gallery/xYKc5RX

Cook it low and slow.
Low temp will make juicy chicken. Same thing for your steak. Good luck.

Cook chicken at 375 until internal temp hits 165 and pull
Steak cook at 225 until internal temp 105 - pull- crank too 600-700 and sear for 1-2 mins a side and pull

Enjoy

https://imgur.com/gallery/xYKc5RX

Damn I don't think my oven goes up to 6-700 lol. Can this be substituted with pan searing? How long does it typically take a steak to get to 105?

Cook it low and slow.
Low temp will make juicy chicken. Same thing for your steak. Good luck.

totally the opposite
chicken is high heat..
its why its best to cut a whole bird flat, gets more surface area that way.
beef, ive seen folks vacuum seal and stick it in 150 degree water. cooks a perfecr steak that way. then sear with a blowtorch

why not spend a few hrs and learn to cook propperly?
it will be a skill you use for life.

you can cook things fast or you can cook things slow and end up with good results differnet meat and different heat sources get different treatments.

if you learn how to propperly sear a piece of meat and learn how meat feels to the touch at different points you solved most of the issues.

and dear lord dont put steak in an oven!:eek:
broiler and oven are not the same.

Damn I don't think my oven goes up to 6-700 lol. Can this be substituted with pan searing? How long does it typically take a steak to get to 105?

Yes pan searing will work also
To get to 105 depends on the thickness

why not spend a few hrs and learn to cook propperly?
it will be a skill you use for life.

you can cook things fast or you can cook things slow and end up with good results differnet meat and different heat sources get different treatments.

if you learn how to propperly sear a piece of meat and learn how meat feels to the touch at different points you solved most of the issues.

and dear lord dont put steak in an oven!:eek:
broiler and oven are not the same.

I grill all chicken and steaks on a Big Green Egg

Air fryer for chicken. 100% serious!!! It's delicious. Air fryers are not some gimmicky gadget that you use for a month and then put in the basement (or trash). We started using one years ago one summer when we wanted to try something that would cook a couple pieces of chicken without heating up our house (like what happened with our stove). We fell in love with it and began using it year round.

totally the opposite
chicken is high heat..
beef, ive seen folks vacuum seal and stick it in 150 degree water. cooks a perfecr steak that way. then sear with a blowtorch

I cook chicken at 280 and sometimes lower for about 30-40 minutes in the oven and it turns out juicy and great. Cooking it on high makes it tough.

I used to be a cook for 4 years at restaurant so I’m familiar with all types of cooking methods. My in laws bought us an air fryer which is basically just a miniature convection oven. It cooks really hot and blows the air around for a crispy outside but cooks so fast it keeps the juices on the inside.

Now granted it’s best fresh I’ve never reheated my air fried chicken but it’s definelty worth the 40-80 bucks.

You can pressure cook meat. You can also buy you an oven roaster. Those things are pretty awesome too.

Those are some methods here lately I’ve been doing because I’m just burnt on everything else.

Throw it directly on the flame for a few minutes then flip it and do the same. Next, put it off to the side to slow cook. Sear both sides to lock in the juices.

I used to be a cook for 4 years at restaurant so I’m familiar with all types of cooking methods. My in laws bought us an air fryer which is basically just a miniature convection oven. It cooks really hot and blows the air around for a crispy outside but cooks so fast it keeps the juices on the inside.

Now granted it’s best fresh I’ve never reheated my air fried chicken but it’s definelty worth the 40-80 bucks.

You can pressure cook meat. You can also buy you an oven roaster. Those things are pretty awesome too.

Those are some methods here lately I’ve been doing because I’m just burnt on everything else.

That sounds pretty cool! How long does an air fryer take to cook a few chicken breasts?

That sounds pretty cool! How long does an air fryer take to cook a few chicken breasts?

Air fryers are a hidden gem to bodybuilders. Around 12-18 minutes depending on temp. I like to just pop my food in the air fryer then go do something else. Scoop me a couple cups of rice from the cooker then pull my protein out of the air fryer and it’s perfect.

Also air fryers are good for potatoes, onions, squash, any kind of proteins. Be creative. I absolutely love it

Steak

1. Leave the steak out at room temperate for 30-40 mins.

2. Take a plate and rinse it under the tap. Put it in the microwave for 12 minutes.

3. Apply a dry rub of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a cast iron skillet pour peanut oil and turn the stove on high. When the pan starts smoking place the steak down.

4. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook one side for 40 seconds, flip, cook the other side for 40 seconds.

5. Tilt the pan so all the oil runs to one side of the pan. Turn the steak on its side and let the oil sear the fat. Do the same on the side with no fat.

6. Throw in one tbsp of butter and cook each side of the steak for one minute.

7. Repeat the process of tilting the pan to further sear each side of the steak.

8. Take the plate out of the microwave. It will be well before the 12 minutes are up.

9. Place the steak on the hot plate and put the plate in the oven. The oven is not turned on, it's just to keep the heat it. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.

10. Eat

Chicken

1. Wash chicken thoroughly.

2. Set oven to 400.

3. Apply a dry rub of any seasoning you prefer. I like to use an array of things like salt, pepper, garlic powder, dillweed, roasted red pepper, oregano etc.

4. In a cast iron skillet throw in two tbsp of coconut oil and turn the stove on high. When the pan starts smoking turn the heat down to medium-low.

5. Cook each side of the chicken breast for 2 minutes.

6. Place chicken breasts in the oven on a baking sheet or casserole dish for 15 minutes.

7. Take chicken out of the oven.

8. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then eat.

Last edited:
Last Fathers Day my wife got me and infrared Grill. The thing is amazing. Not only does it cook the food fast, but it is so juicy and full of flavor. You need to get one for sure. :headbang:

totally the opposite
chicken is high heat..

:eek: fack! gettin serious with the steak
-F

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner