over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mikebackers Transformation Log

Mikebacker

Registered
Hey bros
Here is my official transformation log. I've never done a log before, never done a contest like this before, and never competed before so this should be fun.

Will be competing in my first show in 10 weeks.

I'm not new to ProM, spent most my time in the shadows. Never really had a reason to post, seems every question I had, had already been asked and I found my answer.

Being that I'm "new" to posting I will give a quick background and stats.
Always loved lifting and training but my job the past few years kept me from being serious about bodybuilding. I would spend my winters training hard and would lose all my gains during the summer. Changed up my life and have decided to make a push at training and competing. Hired the best coach in the area and will compete in two shows this summer. I feel I have a solid base and hope with some consistency I can make a few ripples in the pond in the years to come. I'm still fairly young and can dream right?

27yrs old
Currently cutting for comp. Weight is at 225 as of this morning.
6 feet tall.
BF%.... is on the decline :cool:

Current cycle
750mg test
5iu GH (PM)

Will be adding Tren E and EQ this week (10 weeks out)

Currently eating 400g protien and 200g carb
45 min fasted cardio AM with 30min post training cardio (not on leg day)

I lift heavy, hard, fast, and to failure. Much along the lines of Dorians routine, with the exception of a few more sets here and there as I feel fit.

I will update this log at least weekly and give some of feedback on my first comp experience.

The pics aren't the best and the lighting is kind of shitty and I'm new to posing. I also burned the hell out of myself in the tanning bed today haha. I'm in the shitty stage of prep as I feel small, fat, flat, and watery all at the same time.

BIG changes to come. Good luck to everyone

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 733
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 609
  • back relaxed.jpg
    back relaxed.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 593
  • Side Tri.jpg
    Side Tri.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 621
  • Rear lat.jpg
    Rear lat.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 617
Few more pics...

Attachments

• Side Chest.jpg
    Side Chest.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 514
  • ab quad.jpg
    ab quad.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 502
  • Rear dbl bi.jpg
    Rear dbl bi.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 538
your tris have GREAT shape....

:cool:

Thanks Tenny.
If I could only add a little more size to my Bi's then I'd be happy. They have always lagged behind my Tri's

Hit Legs today, knees were hurting more than usual so backed off the squats early and hit heavy leg press as deep as possible. Legs are starting to separate more and more each day. I feel they might be my strongest body part come competition time. I will post another pic of my quad in better lighting.

Little over two months out from my warm-up show, cardio and diet still 100% will make more adjustments this weekend when I meet with my trainer.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 277
Just a quick update. Been busy with work but diet and training have been 100. Weight is continuing to decrease and BF is dropping noticeable, seeing almost daily changes.

Cardio is still the same as well as diet, I see no need to modify either.

I'm contemplating whether or not I want to post a progress pic or keep the body under wraps for more shock appeal haha. I will try and post something in the days to come if I can get a night off.

Hope the rest of yall are gettin after it.

Thanks Lil Slice.
First time in a damn tanning bed, left some sweet white lines down my back. Started MT2 to help quicken the base tan.

Here is some quick update pics from a few days ago. I've been really busy at work and will try to post up a few more in the same spot as I did my first few pics.

Diet and training is still the same. I will add Mast tonight and run it at 600mg/wk. Looking forward to it kicking in.

I've never competed before and I'm just under 7 weeks out from my first show so I hope I'm on track.

Attachments

• abs2.jpg
    abs2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 273
  • morning.jpg
    morning.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 198
  • legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 202
Thanks Lil Slice.
First time in a damn tanning bed, left some sweet white lines down my back. Started MT2 to help quicken the base tan.

Here is some quick update pics from a few days ago. I've been really busy at work and will try to post up a few more in the same spot as I did my first few pics.

Diet and training is still the same. I will add Mast tonight and run it at 600mg/wk. Looking forward to it kicking in.

I've never competed before and I'm just under 7 weeks out from my first show so I hope I'm on track.

I was asking to see an updated picture. Now that I see it, you seem to be right where you need to be.

Thanks Pesty. I updated both threads with pics. Any thoughts about when I should be adding clen and when is the best time to cut it off before comp? I don't wanna struggle to fill back out.

Thanks Pesty. I updated both threads with pics. Any thoughts about when I should be adding clen and when is the best time to cut it off before comp? I don't wanna struggle to fill back out.

you could always ask Bboy, Lenny, John, The Mass, etc.. in their threads in 'talk to the pros'

that's what I would do :)

Haven't been updating as much as I would like. I have been crazy busy with work and studying and not to mention all the cardio and training I have been doing.

Progressing nicely though, just slipped down to 7% BF and the abs are really popping. Weight is around 218 in the morning, I imagine I will be about 205 on stage.

I will try and post up pics when I get the time to take some. I have some good feathering coming through my quads and my tris. Still carrying a little fat in my lower back and side chest and need to thin my skin overall.

Cardio has stayed the same as well as my protein intake, but we dropped my carbs by 20g. The karbolyn pre/intra has helped keep my energy levels up for my lifts and my strength really hasn't dropped that much. Post workout cardio helps to burn off any extra karbolyn I didn't utilize during lifting.

Really starting to feel depleted and I'm hungry all the time but the process in itself is fun. I love seeing the changes.

180g carbs a day and 45min fasted AM cardio and another 30min pwo, that's no shit. How are you spacing those carbs? Evenly at meals or all around training? How long after that AM cardio are you waiting to eat your first meal, if any wait? Do you do carbs post AM cardio?

You look good, keep at it.

I've been doing 30min fasted AM cardio and not touching a thing but coffee until noon. Insulin is kept dead quiet, just fat burning on gh and low dose clen in that entire window of time. Max possible lipolysis and FFA utilization. Fast from 9pm to Noon the next day. Easiest way to diet for me. The science does not support the whole "you go catabolic" and lose all your muscle broscience dogma if you don't eat immediately. I firmly believe spiking insulin early AM with food or even BCAA (yes BCAA are highly insulinogenic) before or after cardio just kills a really killer fat burning window. I then train PM after work with majority of carbs peri-workout. Thoughts? Some people cannot break free of the idea they would have to get protein/food in upon waking or post AM cardio to not lose muscle.

Pesty, your thoughts too?

Last edited:
Cardio has been rough but its working. Last 10 days or so the fasted cardio has been a grind as I have been very depleted. Takes about 15 minutes just to get the motor warmed up to where I can get going. I hold off on eating post cardio as long as I can, which the last few days has been only 30 minutes or so then I need to eat so I have some energy for work. On my days off I drag it out as long as possible.

I also take a thermo and hit 5iu GH before fasted cardio. I noticed better fat loss when I switched gh shot from PM to AM.

As far as carb spacing I have my biggest carb meal at breakfast after fasted cardio. This includes 1 cup of oats. My next meal after that includes 1/4 cup brown rice (measured uncooked, about 3/4 cup cooked). Pre-workout meal is protein and brocolli.

I hammer about 25g karbolyn immediately pre workout and sip on another 25g peri. This is what saves my workouts, about 10-20 minutes in I feel the carbs kick and I'm full of energy. Probably the best I feel all day. Post workout I hit cardio hard and fast until I feel myself go hypo then I slow it down and finish off my 30 minutes. I can usually burn up most of the Karbolyn in about 18-20 minutes and then hate life for the last 10 haha.

Post workout shake with 40g protein followed by my last carb meal of the day which is another 1/4 cup brown rice. I have done some expirimenting with no carbs post workout and I feel I lose fat faster but I'm losing well enough that I haven't had to resort to doing that daily.

I will add clen in this coming Monday and look to make a big push down into the 5% range and get primed to hit the stage.

I agree with you though, I don't think you lose any muscle by not eating first thing AM or post fasted cardio. I used to be under the thought that you woke up catabolic and needed to push the food asap, but not anymore. I have also read that fasted cardio shows no benefit to fat loss, yet I have experienced first hand better fat loss on fasted cardio. I'm interested in thoughts on these subjects as well.

Cardio has been rough but its working. Last 10 days or so the fasted cardio has been a grind as I have been very depleted. Takes about 15 minutes just to get the motor warmed up to where I can get going. I hold off on eating post cardio as long as I can, which the last few days has been only 30 minutes or so then I need to eat so I have some energy for work. On my days off I drag it out as long as possible.

I also take a thermo and hit 5iu GH before fasted cardio. I noticed better fat loss when I switched gh shot from PM to AM.

As far as carb spacing I have my biggest carb meal at breakfast after fasted cardio. This includes 1 cup of oats. My next meal after that includes 1/4 cup brown rice (measured uncooked, about 3/4 cup cooked). Pre-workout meal is protein and brocolli.

I hammer about 25g karbolyn immediately pre workout and sip on another 25g peri. This is what saves my workouts, about 10-20 minutes in I feel the carbs kick and I'm full of energy. Probably the best I feel all day. Post workout I hit cardio hard and fast until I feel myself go hypo then I slow it down and finish off my 30 minutes. I can usually burn up most of the Karbolyn in about 18-20 minutes and then hate life for the last 10 haha.

Post workout shake with 40g protein followed by my last carb meal of the day which is another 1/4 cup brown rice. I have done some expirimenting with no carbs post workout and I feel I lose fat faster but I'm losing well enough that I haven't had to resort to doing that daily.

I will add clen in this coming Monday and look to make a big push down into the 5% range and get primed to hit the stage.

I agree with you though, I don't think you lose any muscle by not eating first thing AM or post fasted cardio. I used to be under the thought that you woke up catabolic and needed to push the food asap, but not anymore. I have also read that fasted cardio shows no benefit to fat loss, yet I have experienced first hand better fat loss on fasted cardio. I'm interested in thoughts on these subjects as well.

I agree, despite some good recent studies that seem to demonstrate doing Fasted cardio doesnt have as much impact, as long as the cardio gets done at some point in that 24 hour window, I still think fasted AM cardio is superior. You will definitely see most vets and coaches advise this also. I have actually posted on this a lot here at PM.

You have one recent good study here by Schoenfeld et al. a lot of people were waiting on which basically says time of day (and fasted) doesnt have as much impact as hoped: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...fasted-cardio-debunked-superior-fat-loss.html

New "Fasted Cardio"-Study Falsifies the Myth of Superior Long-Term (4 Week) Fat Loss on a Moderate Energy Deficit - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

Then you have a study from BEFORE the one above which shows 50% increase in total fat oxidation (over 24h) when performing morning cardio before breakfast.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...ardio-=-50%-increase-total-fat-oxidation.html

**broken link removed**

So there is definitely debate. But again, almost all coaches will advise to do fasted AM cardio and I personally feel those results are best.

Also, I would split your GH up both AM and PM instead of the larger bolus does AM. There is a study that indicates split dose is more effective than a single Bolus dose in getting IGF-1 levels up (the basic goal of GH). Metabolic effects of growth hormone administered subcutaneously once or twice daily to growth hormone deficient adults. - PubMed - NCBI Particularly with a larger dose like 5iu, your body can only use so much GH at a time. You will get more time under the curve (active GH) by splitting it up and 2.5iu per dose 2x a day is certainly adequate for fat loss assistance.

Food for thought...

Last edited:
Good job brother. Don't let lil slice trick you - that is one crafty mofo !!

Dude thanks for the articles I'm gonna read them tonight. I love actual research and not bro-science. My trainer recommends fasted cardio and I can honestly say I think, for myself at least, it is more effective. I will compare both articles and see the methods.

I will also start dividing my HGH dosage up, that's an interesting concept but it definitely makes sense. I like the thought that HGH is most beneficial at night as that's when we do the majority of our growth and repair.

Quick question, I got the day off work tomorrow and I'm gonna run get a serum test done on my HGH. This will be my first serum test I have ever dont and I plan on doing the HGH serum test only, not the IGF as the current batch of growth I am on is legit. The new batch I just got in could potentially be bunk. The source is solid and mistakes happen just want to cover my bases.

Does this protocol sound right?
10iu shot IM in delt 3 hours prior to test.
Also is there any need to fast for this test?
I will wait until after the test to do my cardio as well.

Dude thanks for the articles I'm gonna read them tonight. I love actual research and not bro-science. My trainer recommends fasted cardio and I can honestly say I think, for myself at least, it is more effective. I will compare both articles and see the methods.

I will also start dividing my HGH dosage up, that's an interesting concept but it definitely makes sense. I like the thought that HGH is most beneficial at night as that's when we do the majority of our growth and repair.

Quick question, I got the day off work tomorrow and I'm gonna run get a serum test done on my HGH. This will be my first serum test I have ever dont and I plan on doing the HGH serum test only, not the IGF as the current batch of growth I am on is legit. The new batch I just got in could potentially be bunk. The source is solid and mistakes happen just want to cover my bases.

Does this protocol sound right?
10iu shot IM in delt 3 hours prior to test.
Also is there any need to fast for this test?
I will wait until after the test to do my cardio as well.
Yes, that is the universal gh serum procedure. Fasting is not required but I have read others talk/speculate that carbs can increase the serum level some and could account for variances between tests/samples. I personally think an IGF test is a more accurate way to determine the quality of the gh you have. May I ask what brand/source?

Yeah I agree with the IGF test being the best to determine quality of the GH. The problem is the current batch I am running is legit (I haven't tested this batch but others have and I have noticeable effects) but the batch that I just got in could potentially be bunk as a few serum tests have been done by other members.

Apparently my order shipped out right at the time when it could have been the old batch, or the new bad batch.

I will PM you the source, I don't wanna tread on any toes and make any accusations until I have the serum results.

As for the serum test I will follow the protocol I laid out and I will fast before the test.

Thanks Mich I appreciate it.

It's been fun, hunger has been kicking my ass the past week. Mind games are really starting to hit hard to, some days I swear I'm on track and looking big and full. Others, like today, I feel flat and shitty and it makes me irritable. All part of the process or so I'm told haha.

The serum test was surprisingly easy. I wasn't sure what to expect but they literally took my paperwork and drew my blood. In and out in less than 10 minutes. I will definitely be getting more serum tests done there in the future, and labs in general. Really easy process.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear