over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What’s your favorite muscle building program

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just wanna see what ever likes as a personal preference for building muscle
There are so many different idea and I’m certain different stuff works for different guys.
Fortitude , DoggCrapp , Mountaindog , very high volume like what Milos does

What has worked best for you

For me it’s the old school 4 exercises, 4 sets each per muscle.
8-16 reps. Progressively overload, increase weight each set.
Train each muscle once a week.

giving high volume a shot now, i'll be excited to look back in a few months - for now in the beginning stages i definitely appreciate how much the workouts take out of me. no need for cardio with fortitude style training, i'm dead and covered in sweat.

The best one is probably the one you aren't doing :)

Your body is pretty good at adaptation.

I rotate between various MD programs, and some modified fortitude (which has a lot of elements of DC training).

I will say; John Meadows has such a great training philosophy and style where your joints don't feel trashed, but your muscles do. Everybody should try one of his programs at least once.

There are also times where I just feel like training a specific way that day so I do it; I'm not gunning for the Olympia so what's the point of such crazy rigidity. Just as long as I'm training hard :eek:

I've had my best gains with high frequency push / pull / legs:

S - back thickness / traps / biceps
M - off
T - hamstrings
W - mid-chest / medial delts / triceps
H - back width / rear delts / traps / biceps
F - quads
S - upper chest / front delts / triceps

I do forearms with back and do calves every day, alternating between seated and pressing. Ex. Tuesday seated calf raise ss/ tibia raise, Wednesday calf press, Thursday seated calf raise ss/ tibia raise, etc.

I do the exact programs from Arnold's "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding", which is why I have been chronically overtrained for 30 years now......:p

Fst-7

A consistent one rotating between different training volume/frequency in the year. As thethinker posted the body is pretty good at adaption and it's not like we can just keep lifting more and more every year for the rest of our lifes. But of course progressive resistance is fundamental through parts of the year. The body does respond to change though but it's important to know when to give it that change. Too many swop from routine to routine and lack consistency. I am all about keeping it simple with decent volume and progressive overload but I won't do that all year as I just get burnt out.

Train hard 3-6 days per week... all common sense. Basically what JJ wrote out more with much more frequency at other times. I generally move up in weight per exercise and do 1 working set. Then comes intensity techniques at select times. Right now I needed a break from the crazy stuff so my volume is much higher with lot's of hard sets but less sets to complete failure. I will go back to as more "Dorian Yates style" of training later on. I don't follow exact plans ever and make my own as my body responds differently (plus with a bad lower back everything needs to be adjusted). Every training style works as long as you are executing effectively, training hard and allowing recover.

Last edited:
These days I kind of cycle through various programs from high volume to HIT Mentzer style when I'm pressed for time. I like the DC theory as well as FST-7 but I don't have the time to be in the gym for the time they require.

I just make sure my training is intense! I have always had a sort on instinct training style, when I was younger it was straight powerbuilding where I pyramid up in weighthe down in reps, now I just train but make sure my intensity level is hight to the point that it wears me the fuck out!

Way too many sets. Way too much 'junk volume' as some would call it. But guess what? I'm still making awesome progress and don't have any overtraining issues right now. I still dial it back, then eat at maintenance for about two weeks at a time.

However, I built most of my size the DC and Hit way, even though I know Dante hates those two words being in a sentence... LOL

If it works, do it. If it don't work, don't do it. I think most would be fine on practically eating an isolatoric diet just a little over maintenance, then adopt any training program that isn't outright ludicrous. If you work at anything Consistently, you're going to get good results from anything.

Optimum Training Systems Serious Growth II

This program will always hold a special place in my alternating training regimen for the stripes it put across my pecs and upper thighs from growing so damn fast, pre-AAS.

DC (I have not used it exactly but I have used some ideas from Dante), mountain dog style, Jordan peters style (take a lot of dc philosophie), I did not do a bro-split long ago but at the time I had fun doing the typical routine of 4-5 days a muscle per day except the day of arms and shoulders.
progressive weights week to week (3-4 sets 3-4 ex.) ,evan centopani train in this way, simple.

Optimum Training Systems Serious Growth II

This program will always hold a special place in my alternating training regimen for the stripes it put across my pecs and upper thighs from growing so damn fast, pre-AAS.

Interested in this program. What is the difference to Serious Growth III ( Big Beyond Belief)?

Interested in this program. What is the difference to Serious Growth III ( Big Beyond Belief)?
The main difference is BBB you gradually increase stress to overtraining before backing off. With SG v.2 you jump right into the fire the first three weeks before slowly backing down the volume.

My opinion is that they are both incredibly effective techniques.

I have Serious Growth II scanned if you want a copy

Moderate weight with reps in the 15-20 range. Body parts are worked twice over a nine day period. Awesome for older guys . Great pumps and no joint pain. Still look like an old gym rat however strength is a distant memory!

Phat routine. I believe perioization can be good but constantly switching routines or training styles is counterproductive. You get bigger by gaining strength on the big lifts. Going something like DC, then fast, back to DC, to switch it up and "shock the body" that "adapts" is silly. You should be able to track that your getting stronger over time.

Phat has power days and also hypertrophy days, best of both worlds. Keep training simple.

Phat routine. I believe perioization can be good but constantly switching routines or training styles is counterproductive. You get bigger by gaining strength on the big lifts. Going something like DC, then fast, back to DC, to switch it up and "shock the body" that "adapts" is silly. You should be able to track that your getting stronger over time.

Phat has power days and also hypertrophy days, best of both worlds. Keep training simple.

What is Phat training??
This is the first I've heard of it.

Dc for old farts, I try to keep the first RP set above 10-12 reps, legs are minimum of 15 reps.

Three way split, two on-one off.

This routine has given me an Olympia caliber physique minus the mass, symmetry, and shape. LOL

In all seriousness this routine has been the most successful for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear