over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me to understand.

T-T-C

Newbies
Hi, i'm pretty new to this, but with some base knowledge from multiple sources, although some things ive read here run contradictory to what i've read elsewhere.

Understanding the principles of muscle growth scientifically i have no problem with, my main problem has always been diet, now, i am 5 foot 10 inches and i weigh 8stone/115 ish pounds and have done constantly for years.

I've been wanting to bulk up many times but after numerous failed attempts i gave up many times as there was no growth whatsoever, slight strength gains but not size gains, i was using the SL 5x5 lifting program.

My main problem has always been nutrition, now i have a very fast metabolism and would love to know the best things do be eating from your points of view as nowhere else's advice has helped much, my daily eating habits usually follow this path;

Breakfast - Bacon+Mushroom Sarnie/Friend egg on toast/Scrambled egg on toast.

Lunch - chips/sarnie/beans on toast.

Dinner - Home cooked meal which can be anything really, pie and chips, bangers and mash, stri fry, salmon and veg, fried fish etc etc.

I need to know the basics of the correct nutrition to induce growth, in terms and a system i can understand thoroughly so i can begin to sort this mess that i call my body out, so i apologise in advance if some fo the questions i ask are a bit stupid, but i am one of those people who struggles with the simple and finds complex easy.

So, starting off, being a hardgainer meals every 2-3 hours, but whats going to be best to have as those meals delivering enough carbs and protein to hit magical calorie number :)

Thanks in Advance

TTC

Well the most important thing is eat more than you burn day in day out. I can't belive im gonna say this but mabey gomad is for you. Not something i normally recommend but you really got to get the cals in. Mabey start with 1/2 gomad and see where you go. Also if you go this route use full fat milk.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I need to ask and please don't take this the wrong way. Im assuming as your asking for bulking advice your a male. Just that 115 is very light for a man but women don't want to bulk generally. I only ask to be clear as you don't really say what your goals are apart From weight gain. Again no offence intended at all and not a dig

Yes i am male, the fact i am uber skinny is due to 13 years of little to zero stage 4 sleep which is the repair stage, anyone who has know constant fatigue and exhaustion for a protracted period of time can back me up on the effect this can have on development, as i am only 25 it happened through puberty which has ended in me being tall, skinny and not too happy with my physique :)

TTC

Not to encourage gear before you're near your natural limit... But if you're trying to understand why you aren't as big as people in magazines - it's because they use.

Mainstream media would have you believe that if you eat your veggies take a multi-vitamin and do core training you'll look like a fitness model.

You don't have always to eat perfect foods, especially being as lean as you are. Like sammy said, the most important thing is getting enough calories in. If that means putting in a cheat meal every day go for it within reason.

I do not compare myself to the airbrushed models with almost perfect genetics for that sort of thing :)

No, i base myself of others i see around me, keeps me grounded in reality and not a flight of fancy of looking like an artists carving from a block of stone :)

@Sammy
I read up on the GOMAD thing, i had saved in a bookmark folder but must have forgotten about it, i'll give that a go starting a day or so, but if i do half then thats technically only half the potential i could reach, so we'll see how this stacks up :)

TTC

Just out of curiosity, on GOMAD, would swapping squats for deadlifts, any variety, yield similar results?

TTC

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity